main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Disney..Could this mean "Re make's"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Saurion-Fett, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    ....just sayin they own it now they could and also would it be a bad thing. And before you anwser think of people born after 1990 who do hold the originals s high as we do....not saying I want re makes but it's a real possiblilty

2. princethomas

princethomas Jedi Master star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    For awhile I was in favor of remakes. Right after ROTS I kind of thought they should just keep going with the same style and same people that were making the prequels. Figuring it would give a chance for OT people to keep their "childhoods" safe and stop whining. But I don't think that works right now.

Im still not totally sure it would be the worst thing ever. There was an article on slashfilm a couple of years ago that did a sort of fake timeline of events and announcements leading up to a Star Wars reboot, and it was actually kind of cool.

3. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    No, I don't anyone would even try, but they did specifically call the movie Episode VII.

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    It would be foolish for them to try to remake any of the films. They would have a fill scale geek revolt on their hands.

5. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    No, at least not in the foreseeable future.

There are several basic facts about this situation that people seem to be ignoring:
    1) Lucasfilm will remain an autonomous entity within the larger Disney corporate umbrella, with Kathy Kennedy continuing to serve as the head of the company
    2) This new trilogy is fully intended to be connected to Episodes I-VI in some fashion
    3) Lucas handed Kathy Kennedy a bunch of story treatments for Episodes VII-IX
    4) Episodes VII-IX were 'in train' since June, and weren't a direct result of the sale of the company to Disney; the announcement of the sale and the announcement of the ST simply coincided with one another

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  6. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Hi, Jango.

I don't think you are correct with point 4.

This deal would have been a long time in discussion between Lucas and Disney, and possible going back much earlier in the year.

There was never going to be another movie while Lucas was in charge - he has said that for years and even said it in the announcement.

There is no coincidence. The new movies are only getting made because Kennedy and Disney are in charge now.

DM99 and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  7. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    ^ You'd be wrong to doubt my fourth fact, and I'll prove it to you.
    IOW, contrary to what some may believe, the Sequel Trilogy is not being made because of the sale to Disney; the one decision (the sale of the company to Disney) did not directly result in the other (making the Sequel Trilogy).

8. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I am also guessing Lucas, as a smart business man he is, put in some rules

9. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    I do think VII VIII IX will be done before any other projects but imagine the technology by 2025 when the last of that serries comes out. Do noy see at 2027 is 50 years will have passed since Star Wars and by then people the people making and createing these movie may not have even been alive.
    Personaly I think a " re imagining" of the Originals is going to happen on the 50th anniversary.

10. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Who are you quoting here, Jango?

Even if the source is reliable, the deal with Disney was a long time putting together.

Disney could while have made it clear early on that they wanted more movies.

11. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    ^ I'm quoting Lucasfilm employee Pablo Hidalgo from his blog post 'On the Brink of the Future', which was posted on the Official Star Wars Blog yesterday.

12. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Okies. I guess that is reliable. :D

Still he doesn't mention Disney - so I could be right that the deal was in progress back then.

Again, Lucas has always said he was never making more and there is no evidence to the contrary.

13. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Disney actually does NOT have a history of remakes. We're pretty safe I think.

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  14. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    good point

15. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    Could you post the link please? I would like to read that article!

16. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    Freaky Friday, Parent Trap, Witch Mountain, Shaggy Dog, Flubber :)

DM99 likes this.
  17. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    Better point!

CaptainHamYoyo likes this.
  18. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    Sure. Here you go:
    http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2012/10/30/on-the-brink-of-the-future/

The part that I quoted comes from the sixth paragraph of the article, BTW.

19. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
  20. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012

de facto Lucas has nothing to say anymore at Lucasfilm or for Star Wars.

This "Lucas will be adviser" is BS. Lucas will enjoy his retirement and buy himself a yacht or something.

And yes most propably Disney will make a REMAKE. Because thats all they can do nowadays. PATHETIC.

21. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    That article means absolutely nothing; It's just the folks at FOX News - who have zero credibility whatsoever - going around trying to make hay by talking to a bunch of Hollywood people about a 'what if?' scenario. There is and has not been any indication whatsoever that Lucasfilm is in any way, shape, or form looking to recast Luke, Leia, and Han, meaning that there was absolutely no reason for FOX News to go around asking people about their thoughts on the possibility of it happening.

22. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Disney has no own creativity. Of course they will do a remake. Thats the easy way to earn money. Taking an already successfull Movie and copy pasting it.

Even a monkey could achieve that.

23. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Since when are Disney a remake machine?

They did another Race to Witch Mountain a couple of years ago but that's it.

Disney animated movies are class.

As is their anmation on TV - Gravity Falls is spectacular and side splittingly funny and my niece adores Doc McStuffins.

Then there's Marvel and Pixar.

After, Avengers this summer, there is no doubt that Disney have the will and ability to shepard Star Wars into the future.

There is no evidence that they will attempt or even consider a remake.

24. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    "TRON" anyone?

Look at all those Marvel Remakes. Spiderman, Hulk. Disney forced this to make profit and get back the money. Marvel buyed itself for Disney.

And it is not just Disney (But they started this trend). All big hollywood companies do this nowaadays. Look at new Robocop remake or Total recall.

This is common thing today, because first geberation fans die out, and the new kids can be milked again as young fans, with the exact same proven stories. this will be a HUGE RECYCLING circel/process in the next years. Nothing new to watch. It will be very boring in the future. Independent Filmmakers will die out.

Thanks again to Lucas and to the Idiots which annoyed him enough to do this.

25. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    Yes, but none of those (except possibly Witch Mountain) were very well know films before the remake. Disney has yet to remake a extremely famous film.

TRON: Legacy was a sequel, not a remake. And a very good one at that! Spider-man is not owned by Disney. Please learn your film.
    The Incredible Hulk is a possible argument, but it wasn't a true remake. It was crafted to be unofficial sequel to 2003s Hulk. Also, it wasn't owned by Disney at the time!

Never once says in the article that it is a remake. It just talks about recasting for episode VII - also it talks about making Ryan Gosling play Han Solo, which would be the worst casting decision in history.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.