main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Star Wars: Episode VII

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Ordo Skirata, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    We all know this is not stoping with three movies....Disney just paid four billion dollars .....we are looking at spin offs , re makes ...In Disneys mind they just purchased "james Bond". we all need to deal with that fact.

grand_admiral_ewok likes this.
  2. Camasi

Camasi Jedi Master

Oct 28, 2009
    Avnar, I was thinking more along the lines of how they conveyed the political situation in the classic trilogy. It was very complex yet required very little commentary/references in order to get audiences to understand what was going on since it was socially relevant for the time. I agree, I don't think it needs to go into the detail the prequels attempted to show at all. So we definitely agree there... just don't avoid ALL the politics ;)

3. Camasi

Camasi Jedi Master

Oct 28, 2009
    Good! Then they can take the time for a proper Rogue Squadron series ;) .... if only...

4. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    May

Maybe for TV

5. darkmole

darkmole Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 2, 2000
    This is good news - I look forward to the rebirth of the spoilers allowed forum!

spoooooky likes this.
  6. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    I'm unsure about this. It could be good, it could be *****. Hope we get more details soon.

But I SO hope they get John Williams onboard. It's NOT a proper Star Wars movie without John Williams.

7. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Back in 1977, George Lucas, Gary Kurtz & the rest basically realised they'd managed to create something just as valuable as 'James Bond', and would often refer to the future of the franchise in exactly such terms.

My own feelings regarding the 'archaeology' of SW aside (the new Eps 7-9 will be presented as the ones mentioned back in 1979-81, & I don't believe that for a second), this news is all good. Don't worry about it. It's more Star Wars.

GeneralCIS likes this.
  8. GeneralCIS

GeneralCIS Jedi Master star 1

Oct 23, 2012
    I hope for early prequel stuff as well. But I think it is set after Return of the Jedi.

9. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Well, the new 'trilogy' will be, but further films don't have to be.

Surprised the dead-in-the-water Live Action TV Series hasn't been brought up yet. Supposedly there's a heap of scripts done - I doubt very much they're going to be ignored. They're set in between ROTS & SW/ANH, but perhaps a few could be adapted for storylines set beyond ROTJ for this new trilogy, or perhaps directly adapted into features for later down the track. Or maybe Disney will simply resurrect the project for TV.

10. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    Somewhere on the internet is a detailed treatment I wrote for a potential sequel trilogy many moons ago. I'm sure we've all had ideas about what Episode VII could be like. I don't remember everything about my own idea, just bits and pieces. I remember it involved pirates. In fact my Episode VII would have begun with a pirate attack on a Republic cruiser, with the protagonist working undercover.

The protagonist was going to be Luke's Padawan and also the son of Han and Leia though his relationship with Han would have been strained, to say the least. At some point, the protagonist would have been expelled from the Jedi Order for practicing the Dark Arts during his Jedi Trials. I can't entirely remember who the antagonist was going to be. I think my idea was that when the protagonist used the dark arts, he did it in the combat trial and his opponent in that trial would ultimately become the big bad. The basic plot of Episode VII would have involved a pirate ring that has basically taken over the Outer Rim trade routes and it would have been up to the Jedi to defeat them.

This would have led into Episode VIII which would have revealed a darker threat pulling the strings and recruiting Jedi Potentials. The protagonist (I believe his name was Seth) would have led a guerrilla war against them, going against the wishes of the Republic and the Jedi. He and his crew would be labeled terrorists and be hunted down by the Republic with many believing he had fallen to the Dark Side. I do remember one sequence where the love interest is captured and the protagonist goes to rescue her but he's too late to save her. As part of the whole circular nature of Star Wars, he would have tapped into the Dark Arts and basically brought her back to life.

Episode IX would have been an all out war. An army of Dark Jedi, no rule of two to keep them in check, waging war on the Jedi, who, 30 years after Return Of The Jedi, don't have the kinds of numbers the old Jedi Order had and a Republic that had dismantled much of the military after the rebellion would turn to the pirates and smugglers they'd been fighting in Episode VII for help.

I conceived of most of this stuff when I was a teenager and I've forgotten more than half of it. As the years went by, the idea of a sequel trilogy became less appealing to me and I became more interested in the possibility of a "prologue" to the saga. One movie telling the story of the rise of the Sith, the war the Jedi fought to free the galaxy and the formation of the Republic that came out of it.

11. JASONWHO1974

JASONWHO1974 Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    I actually dont understand why people are so against the idea of Disney taking over, I for one think its a good thing because Im sure "hopefully" Disney will not make the same mistakes that Lucas made with the prequel trilogy.
    Promoting to an audience of adults as well as kids rather than just to kids as Episode 1 did, look what a sterling job they did of Avengers Assemble! I just hope they dont lose all the fundemental features that made Star Wars Star War, like for instance keeping the british/english cennection with actors, but I also hope they dont go too over the top with CGI like lucas did with the prequels, theres nothing wrong with traditional effects & proper physical sets & props, you have to have the balance right between the physical & CGI & lucas never got that balance right with the prequels.
    What I hope & expect from the new trilogy is very similar to what was promised from George Lucas.....I would like it to mirror the prequels in what time they are set in, set 32 - 22 years after the original trilogy with Mark Hamil playing ageing (obi-wan style) jedi master Luke Skywalker & maybe training Han and leia's offspring?? The trilogy could focus of re-establishing the jedi order & council & the new republic. As this is what was originally planned for the sequel trilogy episodes 7, 8 & 9.^:)^

12. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Hmm. Makes it seem like Joss Whedon may be interested in directing this eventually. Would be pretty Avengers like with the organic ships, etc.

13. JediDotNet

JediDotNet Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Honestly I am very curious of how Episodes 7,8,9 fit in to the overall story of Episodes 1-6 which has always been the Rise, Fall and Resurrection of Anakin Skywalker. Since all of those have been accomplished what could 7,8, and 9 really be about?

With the aquisition by Disney what I really look forward to is a Knights of the Old Republic trilogy. Save that trilogy for the likes of Christopher Nolan.

14. Jedi_Corin_Daan

Jedi_Corin_Daan Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 6, 2010
    As long as Disney has respect for the established canon EU, I am not going to get upset by this. They noted in the video that the storyline already covers several thousand years, so who knows where Episode 7 will actually pick up. They also released The Avengers, and owned the first two Chronicles of Narnia, so I could see this working out if they get the right people in the production roles.

15. JediDotNet

JediDotNet Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Oh a thought about Josh Whedon. I would love him to direct and sure he would love to as well. Just dont think Episode 7 is possible. He is already working on Avengers 2 for 2015.

16. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
  17. Jedi_Corin_Daan

Jedi_Corin_Daan Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 6, 2010
    This! Many times this!!! I see a lot more potential in the KOTOR/OR storyline than trying to do something with Luke/Leia/Han since the original actors are so old now (but fans would pitch a collective hissy fit if they were replaced).

18. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    As long as they respect the established EU this is gonna be amazing!! Personally I would LOVE to see and adaptation of NJO. Star By Star and Traitor would be epic on film.

19. Camasi

Camasi Jedi Master

Oct 28, 2009
    Well, according to this news source it will not be using any of the story from the books and will be completely original. So in this story Mara Jade may have never existed as well as Grand Admiral Thrawn... oh boy.. apparently a source close to LucasFilm has confirmed this.

I was hoping they would at least roughly take some plot lines and include a few core character as a node to the EU universe.. I mean come on.. what good are they if they have no legitimacy?

http://www.eonline.com/news/358685/star-wars-7-plot-will-be-an-original-story-says-lucasfilm-source

20. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002

21. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Despite what that source says, I doubt the films will be 'completely original', as, in all likelihood, they will be based at least in part on the story treatments that Lucas handed over to Kathy Kennedy.

22. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    THIS is my first post in years. Can't wait for spoilers to come out. I hope they use hayden as as jedi spirit to council luke and it will be interesting to see if leia will have jedi powers in episode 7.

23. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    Hey guys look, our favorite pal SuperShadow is back in action again.
    http://www.supershadow.com/

I love how the article jumps to the hugest assumptions by two words from LucasFilm ''It will be completely original" that could mean anything at this point.

24. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    While Episodes 1-6 of the 9 Episode Skywalker Saga is the Rise, Fall, and Redemption of Anakin Skywalker, Episodes 4-9 are "From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker." Always has been always will be.

Anakin's and Luke's stories both have 6 Episodes with 3 that overlap. 4-6 showed the consequences of Anakin's decisions from 1-3 and how it affected Luke. Likewise, 7-9 will show the consequences of Luke's decisions from 4-6.

AWESOME. EPIC. COMPLETE.

TreborSabreon, Heero_Yuy and The Bops like this.
  25. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    Love how all the old PT era posters are coming back for a new ride.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.