main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    So excited for this. Must get midnight tickets for this!

PoorGreedo likes this.
  2. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    oh there will be many "the night the mods left town" scenarios you bet :p

brings a tear to my eye just thinking about the old 3SA days

PK taking me under her wing

all those Sidious is a clone threads

and Yoda farting getting everyone down

oh the joys

3. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i just missed it.

well... i could have been in on it, but i didn't really venture out of the EUC very much. or the RPF. was very in and out on the YJCC for a while as well.

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Oh god the Yoda farting. Lol'ing at Supershadow already coming back.

I'm normally a 7NS kinda guy but I'm wondering at my age and level of cynicism with more SW movies, I might be much more interested in seeing where they're taking this.

And of course, the most important thing of all: MORE STAR WARS TRAILERS!!!!!!!!!

5. President Kenobi

President Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
    Old timer who hasn't been here in a long time. Last time I came to the Force.net was probably a few months after Ep. III. Don't even remember what my screen name was back then. I knew I had to come back though when I heard about Ep. VII. I want to relive the excitement of the prequel trilogy. Those were fun days - speculating on who would play Anakin (DiCaprio?), arguing about Nsync as Jedi, watching the Ep III webcam, and enjoying some of the zany people on these boards - does anyone remember Blue Yoda? Let the fun begin!

6. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    This is a new experience for me. I intend to enjoy it.

7. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    Garth: one must never mention supershadow :p

but since you have (waits until he claims he's the CEO of Disney, or that he persuaded Lucas to sell out for the "good of the fans" or some such tosh)

and lets not forget some other fab old 3SA threads such as

Darth Maul is Grievous and other wild theories

8. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    lol. i already mentioned blue yoda in the speculation thread. :p

and probably blue luke as well, actually.

9. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    I was wondering since there are so many books out there now, will any of the upcoming movies include material from these? Something to think about, I guess...

10. GargantuanThrillMachine

GargantuanThrillMachine Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2012
  11. Barra_Jedi

Barra_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    Same here. I had to work hard to remember my name!

12. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    almost guaranteed not to. but we don't really know much at this point. so it's all speculation really.

13. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    my first ( not serious) wild theory:

Artoo will malfunction becoming the first in a new line of Sith droids

and C-3PO as his first apprentice

JevanShevu likes this.
  14. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Are we certain MS didn't know this was coming? It seems a concidence they got the move done and dusted just weeks before this came out....

I sense a Comms thread coming.[face_worried]

15. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    [face_whistling] [face_batting]

16. Kirby2000

Kirby2000 Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2006
    Lucasfilm plus Disney?

Good. Goooooood.

17. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    Well seems like as good a time as any to get posting on these boards again! Been about a year but here goes...

I feel very torn about this announcement. I'm obviously extremely excited that I will be going to the cinema to see new Star Wars films in the not too distant future. But I'm also plagued by a gnawing sense of discomfort. I love the saga as it is. I believe 1-6 is the perfect movie franchise and perfect story. New Star Wars films set thousands of years before or after the existing saga, under a different subtitle or banner? That's not so bad. But Episode VI? My question must be "why?".

Love him or loathe him, this movie franchise and particular story IS George Lucas'. I think it should live and die with him (lest we forget we'll also be getting new movies with someone other than John Williams performing the music!). Inevitably I fear we'll face a future of never-ending, profit-driven movies over which Lucas' influence will become limited-nothing. Is this a good thing? Really? I think too many people are succumbing to the short-term excitement without thinking of the inevitable consequences. Every current and future hack having the chance of getting their hands on this would see Star Wars losing every shred of credibility in the distant future. The fact that this is now conceivable leaves me cold. Of course I want Star Wars as we know it to be seen and appreciated by new audiences. But do we have to have new movies jumping onto the timeline of the finished product we already know so well in order to achieve that? As a single story, Episodes 1-6 is complete. Anything in addition to this is essentially sequel territory. I don't understand why any and all future stories could not have been told in TV form. We know that's where the fashion is going anyway...

As far as I can tell there is no probable, natural, non-sellout (i.e. "oh wait, they're NOT dead") continuation of the story we left in Episode 6. Episodes 1-3 give us the rise of the Sith/Empire and 4-6 gives us the return of the jedi and destruction of said Sith/Empire. It's done. When Lucas chose to end ROTJ as he did, the original concepts for 7-9 were binned.

On the whole I'm extremely sceptical that awarding these 3 new films the Episodes 7, 8 and 9 titles havs anything to do with anyone (even Lucas himself) actually knowing a natural story continuation. To me it seems to be purely good business sense on Disney's part. Unlike Episodes 1-3, I highly doubt these are going to be as much of an artistic venture as they are a purely business one. And that leaves me sad.

That said, if messrs Ford and Hamill are in them and Spielberg directs, I'll be pretty delirious... even though I'm sure Ford would politely decline.

G-FETT likes this.
  18. DarthCeltic

DarthCeltic Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2010

remember the apartment jokes with the screen shots?

Garth Maul likes this.
  19. fettmaster39

fettmaster39 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 9, 2005
    Didn't I just leave this party!?

SamiS and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  20. GargantuanThrillMachine

GargantuanThrillMachine Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    i must admit the missing fox fanfare is extremely frightening, as is credits at the beginning of the film

21. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    d_arblay, I have felt and said everything you've said about this. I certainly know where your coming from. But I'm willing to wait and see what happens.

However this turns out, we'll always have the George Lucas Saga and nothing can ever take that away.

O.S likes this.
  22. sshindel

sshindel Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2005
    Here we go again indeed! I'm sitting there yesterday in my Disney fanboy forums, minding my own business as much as any forum user does, and all of a sudden, Twitter explodes and here I am dusting off this login I haven't used in MANY years.

Bring on all the rampant speculation, it's time to party like it's 1997!

23. Chosen_Jedi74

Chosen_Jedi74 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    I still can't believe the news!! When my wife told me last night I just gave her a look. I feel like a little kid again but the most important thing is my kids will get to experience NEW Star Wars movies for the first time. Thank you Lucas for doing the right thing and passing Star Wars along. Wow only 2 years until Episode 7. Sweet Stuf!!

Wesley Smith likes this.
  24. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    almost as frightening as seeing the TPM crawl following the fanfare ;)

it will be different but I think we'll get used to it.

25. fettmaster39

fettmaster39 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 9, 2005
    I'm a huge comic geek as well as Star Wars geek, and a few years ago when Disney bought Marvel I was worried. But its worked out superb so far, and I expect the acquisition of Lucasfilm to be quite similar.

PoorGreedo likes this.