main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Official Sequel Trilogy - Let the Wild Speculation Begin!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jedi Merkurian , Oct 31, 2012.

1. WhinyLuke

WhinyLuke Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2012
    Kennedy "we are at the fun part. Sitting down with writers on what the stories might be"

On that video Lucas says "I have a story treatment of 7-9 and much of other movies, comics, books (to base a Star Wars movie on) "

That video proves my point that know one not even them know or a fact what we will get at this time.

2. JediHanuman

JediHanuman Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
    Here is how I see it happening, again I think the EU is going to be disregarded en toto, and while there could be some standalone Vader movies, I'm betting he will be in Episode VII.
    A new Sith menace arises and almost destroys Luke. In order to survive, Luke is forced to don a variation of the Vader armor (they'll find a reason to explain why the specific design Vader wore is essential to Force users). Darth Vader (Luke) then returns in some Gandalf the White capacity. They will find a way to redefine the name Darth Vader in such a way that would make it reasonable for Luke to use it, and he will guide the new jedi ,who will be the main characters and be in their early twenties of course
    I would prefer to see an adaptation of the Thrawn trilogy, but c'mon, it's all about the money and not our feelings.

3. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    The dreadful Clone Wars movie doesn't count as part of the saga like Episode 7 will.

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    If you go to Star Wars .com, they are officially referring to these movies as:

Episode VII
    Episode VIII
    Episode IX

So these movies will be a continuation of the main story, characters, and themes and will be set chronologically after Episode VI.

The EU will be used as reference, but it will be an original story, not an adaptation.

Many are also saying the adventures of Luke, Han, and Leia will continue.

The EU has recently announced new books on Luke, Han, and Leia "passing the torch," and a new trilogy on Jaina Solo Fel (Han and Leia's daughter, the "Sword of the Jedi."

5. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    WhinyLuke: You're taking two statements that are meant to indicate that the development of this Sequel Trilogy is still in its infancy to mean that they don't know what they're going to do with regards to the overall creative direction/intent of said trilogy?

[Miz voice]Really? Really? Really?[/Miz voice]

Specific details about the stories they are going to tell with the Sequel Trilogy may still be in development, but they know exactly how they want to approach said trilogy, and that video pretty much spells it out. This triilogy IS a continuation of/expansion on the existing Saga, and WILL have tangible connections to the other films in said saga, even if specific details about said connections and the actual storylines for each film in the new trilogy are still being worked on.

6. SkywalkerDiCo

SkywalkerDiCo Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
    You gotta believe that this means the story line continuing after ROTJ. Now how far into the future is the real question. There is little to no way they make more prequels IMO.

7. Hermi_Odle

Hermi_Odle Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 18, 2011
    I reckon part of the reason Lucas has done this is that the cost of making the proposed SW TV series was too high, both he and McCallum said that they have scripts and ideas for the TV show but they were trying to do it as economically as possible, which delayed the whole project. I think those story aspects will carry on through to Eps 7-9 and we'll see the ideas realised, then if the films are a success (which they no doubt will be) we'll finally get a tie-in TV series. I see this as a multi-platform all out Star Wars assault!

The fact the films are being heavily referred to as Episode 7 onwards, hints to me that these will definitely be a continuation.

I can't believe i'm typing these words and that this is now a reality! All those years that Lucas said the saga ends with ROTJ, yet now he apparently has story treatments for following episodes, its madness! I suppose he's invented these characters and he can never truly part with them, so as long as the story originates from The Maker, and then handed off to the right people, things should be OK.

It's like anything that's long running and successful, just look at James Bond for instance, we've got the 23rd movie in cinemas now, with the 6th actor in the role, yet we all still love to go to the cinemas and watch the movie and get lost for an hour or two. Star Wars will now have a similar legacy that lives beyond George and even us, the original fans. Thats a positive in my eyes.

8. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Do we really want Hayden back as a force ghost though?

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

9. WhinyLuke

WhinyLuke Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2012
    Couldn't they do a prequel prequel about the time when the sith was in power (boring I know)

10. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, they could. But they don't want to.

11. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    harry potter didn't have a choice on duombledore. and doctor who is rather... unique in regards to it's recasting. just saying.

also, you should have haven instead of heaven in your title. would fit better IMHO.

12. SkywalkerDiCo

SkywalkerDiCo Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
    Exactly. If you are looking at it from a "hey lets rake in the cash", you have to assume the Skywalker saga has to continue. And really while the diehards like us LOVE the Old Republic stuff, it would be a hard sell with the general public.

13. Wesley Smith

Wesley Smith Jedi Padawan

Oct 30, 2012
    I don't see this happening. I think that Vader will be mentioned and perhaps even seen in a hologram, but as far as being integral to the story line - it would just seem desperate and contrived. My own personal hope is that we see entirely new Sith Lords, perhaps a Sith army.

14. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    You're right that we don't know anything really but I'm betting they'll continue the story. 1, 2, several generations in the future but they won't jump timelines.

15. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

Chainsawsuit sends its regards, apparently.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm telling you to brace for Plapy to be a clone. Vortex, EmosEdud, and the rest of the clowners weren't wrong, afterall... they were merely 4 films early in their absurdity.

Lord_Tuvitor and G-FETT like this.
  17. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I honestly have no problem with recasting the characters where necessary. Both Harrison and Mark could easily reprise their roles. Carrie Fischer on the other hand maybe not. Replace her with Sally Field or someone...afterall, Sally vied for the role originally.

18. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I think that about does it.

19. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    carrie fisher looks pretty close to the modern leia pics at this point. she got back into shape. and her voice even isn't too bad.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  20. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    If it's a continuation then I wonder...

1. Did the emperor die? He fell down the shaft but did we see him die for sure.
    2. Luke if in the movie has to die and pass the torch.

21. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    I really don't want to see the Order reformed, but this will probably happen. Yoda only told Luke to pass on what he had learned - not restart the Jedi Order.

Trying to exist in a structured organization like the Order kind of goes against the grain of being in harmony with the Living Force, which is mostly about trusting one's 'instincts'.

And IF this takes place roughly 20 years after Ep VI, then I hardly think that there will be enough Jedi for an Order anyway.

22. Skelter

Skelter Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I was hoping some EU stuff to be honest. Oh well, I am still stoked about a new movie. The only thing I hope we get is a substantial amount of jedi's and sith alike.

23. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    As far as EU stuff - remember, the name "Coruscant" came from the EU. Some people were surprised to see that used in TPM (I remember the discussions). Probably there will be some inclusions of EU material, the same as with the Clone Wars tv show (meaning, some names of things and maybe some imagery, though it may be mangled from its original depictions). Pablo Hidalgo posted a blog on the official site about how he has been consulting on story and continuity research for these new films.

ALSO - I've been part of a community that has researched and discussed the history of the films (including the ST) for a long time. One very interesting idea (proposed by Darth_Nub) was that there could have been a hook included in the end of the prequel trilogy to lead into an eventual sequel trilogy, the same way many things in ROTJ lead back to the prequels. By the time the film was actually made, this (or these) things might have been excised (especially given how the story changed over time), but at one point (1979-1980s) they might have been dreamed about. It would have made sense...

THEN it came up that there was a strange moment almost included at the tail end of ROTS: Qui-Gon talking about Force ghosting. When all we had was the OT (or MT - Middle Trilogy - if you prefer), I don't think anyone wondered about Force ghosting. It was something that happened to Jedi, or light-siders, or Force-users, upon death. In the prequels, this was slowly turned into a mystery (why it happened to some people but not others) until it was finally explicitly remarked upon in ROTS - with some of it being removed before filming. It's possible that this is just the type of 'hook' described above. In other words, one thing I'd almost expect a sequel trilogy to delve into would be Force ghosting and disappearance upon death.

24. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    I get the sense this trilogy will continue the Skywalker Saga into the next generation, but beyond that into specifics I cannot hope to speculate with anything approaching concrete knowledge.

25. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I still can't believe this... Its come so quickly...

NewGuy917 likes this.