main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Official Sequel Trilogy - Let the Wild Speculation Begin!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jedi Merkurian , Oct 31, 2012.

1. floatlikegas

floatlikegas Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2010
    they need to get away from Luke,Han, and Leia so obviously they are gonna go into the legacy era deep.
    But hey if they want to just ignore the EU all the better an original star wars movie sounds good

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    CRUCIBLE seems to have been written as the bridge novel... details are scarce on it, but it's supposed to be the "passing of the torch."

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    "Plagueis was the most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived.

But could he be the only one who never died?"

[​IMG][​IMG]

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  4. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    I said this last night in another thread, but here's my speculation and thoughts:

WOW this is just amazing, crazy, unbelievable news!

Incidentally, recently my friends and I were discussing and researching the Sequel Trilogy and what was said before Lucas denied they existed. I could see a new series of films being just awesome, especially with a team of writers, new director (Spielberg!) and Lucas advising.

As for story, here's my guess. It only makes sense to set it roughly as far after ROTJ as it has been in the real world or further. So let's say 30+ years. There's NO way they'll make this first movie and not have at least one character from the OT. It would just make no sense, especially from a marketing standpoint. Mark Hamill will come back in a heartbeat, and at CVI when asked Carrie Fisher said she'd absolutely come back. I'm sure Billy Dee Williams will too, based on his recent participation on Robot Chicken. Harrison Ford is iffy, but considering he'll come back for more Indy movies, maybe Lucas can convince him to at least cameo. We'll definitely get Anthony Daniels - at least his voice, if not also his physical presence. It would also be cool to see Yoda as a ghost, and I suppose there's a chance Hayden could return as the ghost of Anakin. Heck, even Liam Neeson could return as a ghost if it suited the story. Admiral Ackbar, surviving OT Imperial Officers, and plenty of side characters are fair game too. But I think the most obvious, fan-gathering, money-making return will be Boba Fett. We already know Lucas regrets killing him, and even contemplated adding a scene of him escaping the Sarlaac. We also have seen him delve into Boba Fett a lot more, starting in AOTC, continuing in TCW, and we've all seen that teaser banner for the live-action show featuring Boba Fett as the main draw. Imagine Temuera Morrison returning, this time as Boba, and giving him a lot more to do. Fans and kids alike will eat that up.

At the same time, based on Lucas' older statements, the stories will focus on the next generation of heroes, and the OT heroes would likely pass the torch, so to speak. Now the big question on a lot of people's minds is: will it follow, adapt or trample the EU? I'd guess a little of all 3. I sincerely doubt the Thrawn Trilogy will be adapted really at all, especially given its time period and some of its elements (Jedi clones, Luuke). However, we do know now that Lucas has been asking Pablo Hidalgo for some research, and there's more not being said. Lucas appreciates and even likes to incorporate elements of the EU, as we've seen with Aayla Secura and TCW, even if he doesn't always follow it to the letter. I'd bet he's taken some of the larger EU elements into account in his treatment (possibly Mara Jade and the Solo/Skywalker kids?). It's possible the story could hint at some of the EU events having happened, and those could be directly adapted as spin-off movies, maybe animated. (I'd love to see the TCW team or Pixar adapt the Thrawn Trilogy, even as a direct-to-DVD release). If he keeps some of these elements, like Mara Jade, then the events that would have introduced her can be simply mentioned in the opening crawl or in brief exposition. Of course it's very likely the new movies will have to overwrite the EU at some point then, perhaps starting with The New Jedi Order. We'll find out more soon I'm sure. Honestly, as much as I like the NJO and beyond, if they have a good story and can at least keep some of the Bantam-era stuff, I will be happy personally.

I'll be happy to see VII, VIII and IX, though I'm curious to see what the films beyond that could be, assuming that IX is the last of the Episodic films.

After the PT finished I decided to ignore the bashers and haters. Some are selfish and closed-minded, wanting only what they had and nothing more. I find it ironic that some people hated what Lucas did starting with the SE, and wanted others to take over from "Crazy George", and yet now those same people are saying that no one should make it but him. George shouldn't mess with it, and neither should anyone else. So basically, these people want nothing. I choose not to be so cynical about a series we are privileged to experience as it happens.

Looking at Marvel and The Avengers, I think we don't need to worry about Disney messing with what works. They aren't going spend $4 Billion to buy Star Wars and then tell George to go screw himself. They are going to respect and honor what has come before while working on the future. At the same time, George now has the series in the hands of a new trustworthy leader, who in turn has access to the resources of one of the largest companies in the world. New Star Wars movies...what an exciting time to be a fan!

5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    That might be possible. I don't remember what book it happens in, but Anakin does appear, once, to Princess Leia to make amends for all the atrocities.

6. Rodimus1980

Rodimus1980 Jedi Knight

Nov 1, 2009
    No no and no. And no to a cloned Anakin. Get those thoughts right out of your heads now people!

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Anakin will appear as a Force Ghost, i hope

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Why the hell not? According to EU tons of Jedi survived Order 66 and opted to not lift a finger against the Empire even though they could probably feel through the Force that Luke was beginning to right things. Plagueis and Maul w/robo legs is a good pairing. Can't wait to see Luke's "baseball bat swing" technique against Maul flipping all over him with technical precision...

9. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Could be a possibility. It would have to be done right though and explained properly

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    And, i think Episode 7 should have Luke ( if he is in it ) explore on how his mother died, and why his father turned to the dark side

11. Rodimus1980

Rodimus1980 Jedi Knight

Nov 1, 2009
    Of course I would be opened to the idea of a Elder Jedi Master Luke Skywalker who communes with his father in spirit form. Can you imagine the dialog of Luke asking his Father why?!?!?! EPIC!!!

12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Problem is, the book ends with Palpatine rather thoroughly checking to make sure he isn't faking death. My guess is that line was to "draw people in".

13. darth_mccartney

Jul 3, 2008
    Ghost Anakin (played by Hayden) = YES
    Clone Anakin = NOOOOOOO

:)

14. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    No Anakin, no Force Ghost Hayden, no Vader. I don't mind seeing parts of Vader's costume in re-use by a new Sith Lord/Dark Jedi threat or whatever, but leave Anakin & Vader as one with the Force he failed to balance.

15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Palpatine could have been fooled [face_devil]

16. TheMasterOfSoresu

TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2011
    Just, no.

No Hayden either, please.

17. JediChris99

JediChris99 Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
    Great book, but I don't see it. The Sith are gone.

18. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I loved this book, and there aren't many Star Wars books that I care for. Yeah, I would petition for this novel, regardles if they went silver screen or tv with it.

19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    What I'm saying is... perhaps Plagueis tricked Sidious and DID survive... and comes back in the Sequel Trilogy to turn or destroy the Skywalker family?

20. Rodimus1980

Rodimus1980 Jedi Knight

Nov 1, 2009
    POLL TIME!!!

21. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Been there, done that.

22. TheVortex3

TheVortex3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2012
    No I don't think that battle droids will be a main enemy again.

23. darth_mccartney

Jul 3, 2008
    A mix of those and stormtroopers

24. TheVortex3

TheVortex3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2012
    Well even though I think it would be great to see Darth Plagueis in a star wars movie. I doubt he survived but anything could of happened so it is a possibility.

25. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Plagueis being the master manipulator resurfacing years after the Empire's fall? Yeah, I could see that.

Paparazzo and Summer Dreamer like this.