main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Do you want to see OT and/or prequel trilogy characters return as older characters or force ghosts? Or do you want to see all EU characters (After ROTJ) in it? I don't know much about the EU but I think having Mara Jade Skywalker, Ben Skywalker, Anakin Solo, Jaina Solo and characters like that in it would make the most sense.

I'd still like to see characters from the OT return, like Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca, Admiral Ackbar, R2-D2, C-3PO and Boba Fett return, but also have many new characters that the movie will be based around. I also think that there should be a new villain and not bring back Darth Sidious since apparently he somehow survived in the EU. I know that Hamill, Fisher and Ford are quite old now, but returning for a small role in the movie would be awesome.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Feel free to cut & paste my answer to this question from any of the other 8 threads on this topic.

3. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Entirely new characters.

harpuah and tom like this.
  4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    New characters, mostly.

And Ken Palpatine.

harpuah and tom like this.
  5. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    darth kimball, the rancor keeper, r5-d4.

Obey Wann and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  6. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    New characters. Basically, I want fresh, fresh, fresh.

edit: but I would like to see rancor keeper. Oh yes I would.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Jabba the Hutt
    And I hope that Tatooine is featured prominently in all 3 films. If there is a bright center to the universe, Tatooine is the planet that is closest in proximity to it.

JediMJS and Random Comments like this.
  8. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i would love it if jabba appeared (totally cgi of course) and the explanation was, "oh that wasn't the real jabba on the barge, that was just a giant puppet."

9. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Heck, he's an infamous crime lord. He could totally have several doubles.

10. fettmaster39

fettmaster39 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 9, 2005
    New characters. But you gotta have someone to tie it back to the previous movies. Of course, the droids. Luke seems logical as well.

And I can definitely live with some Lando and Boba Fett cameos. :cool:

Random Comments likes this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Jabba is central to the whole saga and Tatooine is the most important planet. How could they not appear? :rolleyes:

TahiriVeilaSolo69 likes this.
  12. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Boba Fett should not have gone out the way he did. That said, I do not want him to do an EU and return from the dead. I do not want to be watching the film and thinking, "This reminds me of EU."

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  14. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Allana Solo and Ben Skywalker. I'd love to see Han and Leia back, but I doubt they will be.

15. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Boba Fett never died, he got out of the Sarlacc.

16. Beaker416

Beaker416 Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2004
    Would totally be cool with an elder Luke Skywalker in a smaller role similar to Ben Kenobi's in Episode 4. I think Harrison Ford could probably still pull off an elder Han Solo but I'm not sure they'd get him to go along with it and I'm not sure if Carrie Fisher would be able to pull off the Princess Leia role. If both were in a cameo that'd be cool or if they could get Harrison invested I'd be down. But as far as the leads go I think realistically they probably need a different core.

17. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I hope they keep all the main characters from the EU, I don't mind if they add small twists to them, but nothing big. If there's any one I really want to see, it's Boba Fett, Imperial Knights (but not right aways depending on the time the movie takes place) and jedi master k'kruhk!

18. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Only in the EU. Episode VII is going to be completely original, they most likely won't follow what has happened in the EU. According to the films, Boba Fett is dead.

19. TheVortex3

TheVortex3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2012
    Only characters I really want to see back in episode 7 are Luke Skywalker, C-3PO and R2D2.

Vespasian likes this.
  20. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Film purist/EU wars? Oh, how I've not missed thee.

21. Rodimus1980

Rodimus1980 Jedi Knight

Nov 1, 2009
    Luke Skywalker and a Anakin Ghost. The dialog between them could be amazing if properly written.

22. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Thrawn, Mara or Pallaeon.....damn you Zahn for creating awesome characters.

If not them, lets go the entirely new route of 1000 million billion years in the future with new characters and a new story.

Darth Myon, Padme501st and JediMJS like this.
  23. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Obi Wan ghost played by Ewan. THAT would be awesome. Plus it's a nice tie in with both the original AND prequel trilogies :cool:

JediMJS likes this.
  24. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Im more concerned about who they will cast for the OT crew. Mark, Carrie, and Harrison have grown old so unless 7 is set 30 years after, they can't play their characters. So who will be Luke, Leia and Han? Are those three going to be used at all?

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a Force ghost of a redeemed Dooku (seriously if Qui-Gon and Anakin can become one with the Force after their corpses are burned, so can Dooku), but I know that won't happen unless Christopher Lee agrees to filming his parts in London. Qui-Gon Jinn coming back as a Force ghost would be sweet and I'm certain Neeson will come back to reprise his role as the maverick Jedi.

General Veers (with working legs), played by Glover's son.

Ysanne Isard. But who to play her? Who can pull off the evil witch with class?

Um... Bail Organa. Yeah yeah, I know he's considered dead with the rest of his planet, but it was assumed that he was even on Alderaan at the time. I mean seriously. You got this huge arse battle station that you know is a planet destroyer approaching your system, would you really stick around for the fireworks? Seriously.

Obi-wan Kenobi and Yoda, obviously. I was never a fan of the Force ghost being unable to stick around after they've achieved ascension, something that TTT set the bar for and I disagree with. Obi-wan and Yoda further helping Luke reestablish the Jedi Order after Endor would have been major help to the new generation of Jedi and probably would have produced a lot of better stories post Endor.

Asajj Ventress. They had the plans for her, even an actress to play her before they swapped her for Dooku and Christopher Lee. I would not mind seeing her on the big screen as flesh and blood.

25. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Unless I missed something, how does anyone have room to say that the films will be completely original and not utilize the EU...? Did I miss a more detail-heavy press release or something?

EDIT: Nevermind. Saw the topic.

Wonderful. Now I KNOW this is going to be a disaster, just a different kind of disaster.