main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Sith Sell...Doe's Disney want a rule of Two

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Saurion-Fett, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    "Always to there are a master and a apprentice"....

This line forever changed what starwars might have been. A sith vs Jedi war was never seen on the big screen.
    it actual applies to Jedi as well as they travel as Master and Apprentice.( from a certain point of view )
    I rembember the late 70s in a novel I think where the emperor was discribed as a puppet. Could there be a even bigger "big bad"...sith council or empire which has not been revealed.

Even in the clone wars cartoon sith witches , darth maul , savage opress , ventress .Dooku sith seem to sell and with a marketing machine like disney we could be seeing more of the sith than ever before.

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I'm quite fine with RotJ being the last we ever see of the Sith, chronologically, actually.

3. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    If getting rid of the "rule of two" allows for more Jedi/Sith duels, and the duels are high quality, then hell yes I am for "the rule" going the way of the dinosaurs.

The whole Chosen One thing could perhaps be retconned into being about getting rid of Palpatine, the biggest and baddest Sith of them all, instead of the Sith as a whole. Obviously, the **** that GL was pushing about the saga being about Anakin is going to have to evolve since he won't be a major contributor to the ST.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Doe's Disney want a rule of Two

Is the the title referring to Bambi? I don't understand what the correlation is, aside from dialogue on par with Anakin telling Padme "You can call me flower if you want to" being a similarity.

5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    There's nothing that says that a Sith Lord CAN'T have more than one apprentice, the trick is that the apprentices can't know about each other, which makes for interesting story tell. After all Palpatine had Vader, but he was also grooming Emperor's Hands on the side, and he was seducing Count Dooku away from the Jedi, while he was training Darth Maul.

6. Barth

Barth Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    The rule doesn't apply to Jedi as well, as the OP suggested. It only applies to Sith. The reason is that if there are more, then the two weaker ones would try and gang up on the leader and take over. This is what Vader wanted to do by bringing in Luke in ESB, and Dooku recruiting Obi Wan in AotC. Jedi won't gang up on the leader master Jedi, so it just plain doesn't apply to Jedi.

7. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    The Emperor sound like tiger woods

8. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    No where in the movies does it actually say that the sith kill each other off ( although I love the Idea of survival of the fittest in the sith empire )....remove your self as someone who follows starwars beyond whats on screen and you will find that it is never stated to general viewers.
    The only mention is "always two there are a master and apprentice ".
    Jedis have masters and apprentice's as well.........now before you all fly off the handle I know GL has said this is the case but lets face it if we took everything he said as fact....we would not be here today in this thread talking about movies that were never going to be made.

I must admit when I found out that to be a "Dark Lord of the Sith" meant your second in command of a group of two...well...just sayyin

9. DarthBlanco

DarthBlanco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Good topic. The Sith make Star Wars.

10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [​IMG]

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  11. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Try somthing new! No Sith please!

12. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    thats the one

13. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    The Rule of Two doesn't apply to the Jedi at all. For the Jedi, the Master/Padawan relationship is based on mutual respect and admiration.For the Sith the Master/Apprentice relationship is based on mutual backstabbing and treachery.

14. Rodimus1980

Rodimus1980 Jedi Knight

Nov 1, 2009
    Sith need to take a break for awhile. Nothing wrong with some Uber Powerful Dark Jedi's.

15. Barth

Barth Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2002

It may not be detailed in the movie explicitly, but it is implied in the movies, and GL states it explicitly in the DVD commentary for, I believe AotC during the scene when Dooku tries to recruit Obi Wan.

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  16. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001

Sorry if you miss understood I did not say "The rule of Two" I said that a where there was a master there was an apprentice

Also I have NEVER in any of the movies heard of the rule of two.

its a very easy loop hole for disney.

Non "fans" have no idea it exists.

Also I happy with the term dark jedi or what ever

17. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    They'll adhere to the canon GL has established. The rule of two will endure.

18. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Ventress isn't a sith. This may be startling news to some people, but just because someone wields a red lightsaber and uses the darkside, does not necessarily make them sith.

Also those "witches" are not sith either.

Darksider group? Yes....but not sith.

19. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Watch the end of Ep. I, then. Yoda says, "only two there are. No more. no less."

20. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    I like your point

but the DVD commentary was for us fans and we have all seen versions of scripts where multiple "Sith/Dark siders" were a possibility we just need to see the clone wars tv serries to see how much they need good Sith/ Darksiders and a lot of them

21. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    The line you quoted at the very beginning of the thread is the reason non-fanatics know it exists.

I agree, though, that first hearing that line in a trailer in '99 felt like a knife through the gut. The OT did not make it seem like Vader was second in command in a two-man operation. There was so much more the Sith could have been before the PT tied them down.

22. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    They could have more then just 2 sith if new sith come about who disregard the rule of two. After all, there was a time in sith history, in which more then just 2 existed, many, like the Jedi, existed, before the Rule of Two ever came into existence.

23. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Rule of Two ended with Palpatine and Vader's deaths.

Lumyia and Caedus don't count IMO, in fact, i usually discount the EU that has anything to do with Pretty-wanna-be SIth-Lord Jacen Solo.

24. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    Qui Gon could not have another apprentice ...only one padawan so you can see the parallels
    A master and a Apprentice.....no more no less

25. Barth

Barth Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    OK so in summary, Yoda explicitly states the rule in TPM. Interactions between Dooku and Obi Wan, Vader and Luke suggest why there are only 2. The lust for complete power is the way of the Sith, and they will kill off any other Sith until there is 2, a master and an apprentice. You become the new apprentice by killing the other apprenetice. The apprentice can become the leader when the previous leader dies or is killed by the apprentice, usually with help from an outsider, usually a Jedi or someone who is trained in the Jedi arts.

I think the bigger question is how can we go from zero to two? There are Sith Holocrons that are kept in the Jedi temple during the PT. I guess they are never in the movies, but there are in the Star Wars databanks. At some point in the future, maybe these are re-discovered by an overly ambitious young Jedi?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.