main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    That's guys wisee!
    I wanna see Watto, Dex. Lama Su, Bib Fortuna, Sebulba & The guy who sells deathsticks

2. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I wouldn't mind Chewie, Threepio and Artoo. The others I feel would be better off dead and buried. It'd be nice knowing the galaxy was at peace for at least a century, no?

Darth_Simasu likes this.
  3. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Wookiees live for like 200 years right, his apperance should not be too much different from RotJ.

4. Barth

Barth Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Not a bad option. I would say Chewbacca, R2D2, C3P0, are great. I also think that Luke as a bearded, wise old Jedi and Leia as a queen or senetor or something would be great.

Teaviex Cue and RAZORBLADE like this.
  5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    The problem with Chewie in the ST is two fold. The first is that Chewie and Han are a packaged deal. If we see one we'll expect the other, and Harrison Ford's participation in the ST is a toss up at best. He was always ambivalent about participating in the OT.The other problem is that Chewie is clearly dead as of Vector Prime, and he died in a way that really can't be retconned.

Ordo Skirata likes this.
  6. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Bothans. Bothans. Bothans.

7. Womprataouille1974

Womprataouille1974 Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    Count on some, but not too much EU to make its way into the new trilogy. That being said, I think the likelihood of Chewbacca returning is high, given that he is a fan-favorite and can be written into further stories regardless of whether Mayhew wants to do it or not, (but he probably will)....

8. Womprataouille1974

Womprataouille1974 Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    Saw Chewie in Ep. III and it worked out fine. Didn't need Han then, don't necessarily need him now. Really, I would love to see Solo again, but my gut just tells me that Ford won't do it. And again, the EU (ie. novels and comics) are not film canon and should not be expected to be followed by the film-makers, Lucas or otherwise

V-2 and darksideyesplease like this.
  9. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Chewie appeared in Episode III without Han, and although it's unlikely, I wouldn't count out Harrison's involvement entirely. As far as EU, the fact is that they can choose to honor those stories or not. I vote not, although I know it will anger a lot of people if they don't.

10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Yoda, Obi-Wan (if they can convincingly age Ewan), and Anakin can return as Force ghosts. Luke could return in the flesh or as a ghost depending on what the timeframe is. The droids and Chewie could still also be around. Beyond that, I want all new characters.

11. DarthBlanco

DarthBlanco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Yes! Chewie for sure, still on the Falcon like a salty old space wookie.

12. David_Skywalker01

Nov 30, 2006
    R2-D2, C-3PO, Chewie, Luke in the role of Ben Kenobi, maybe a cameo of Han and Leia.

Oh and Wedge!

13. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Many Bothans died to bring you this movie?

14. DarthBlanco

Feb 11, 2004
    Why won't Ford do it?? He did Cristal Skull and is on for another Indy film.

15. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    YES.

"Um... in the shop... it is?"

16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    chewbacca will die in the first five minutes of episode 7 when he falls off his roof while attempting to hang "life day" lights. this will leave jaded and troubled orphan chewbacca junior to be raised by a grumpy and elderly han solo. hilarious hijinks will ensue. fans can look forward to recurring incoherent moans followed by han shouting "i know i'm not your dad!"

17. David_Skywalker01

Nov 30, 2006
    He isn't the hero in Star Wars. Ford does not like supporting roles.

18. DarthBlanco

Feb 11, 2004

Han Solo is not the hero in Star wars? So it's Darth Vader, right?

V-2 likes this.
  19. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    MAJOR BREN DERLIN!!!!! I think it's a foregone conclusion that he will be in these films...

20. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    He likes playing Indy. He never really liked playing Han. And somebody explain to me how Chewie appearing in the ST isn't a problem. The deaths of Bobba Fett and Darth Maul were semi-ambiguous and could be easily undone. Bobba Fett fell into the Sarlaac. Undoing Darth Maul's death was more problematic because Obi-wan cut him in half, but it was nothing that a pair of droid legs couldn't fix. Undoing Chewie's death would be virtually impossible because he died when the Vong dropped a moon on him. I'd love to have Chewie in these movies. but it would create a huge continuity problem, and I don't see how you explain that away.

21. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Just stop it, Jay :p

22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    uh, they aren't basing the films on the eu so... yeah.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It wouldn't be Star Wars without him, and you know it.

24. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    A Luke vs Palpatine lightsaber fight would be quite epic, like in the comics.

25. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Simple. Just ignore the EU.

V-2, CassiusClayDarth and Doug625 like this.