main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Just when TFN was slowing down a bit... BAM! Population explosion :p

It's pretty cool to see all the excitement and everyone's reactions

Leah Jaded likes this.
  2. Norminator

Norminator Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2009
    My first reaction to the news was simply "is this a joke?", but that's because the first thought in my head when I hear Disney is mickey mouse and donald duck. After thinking it through and reading about what other movies Disney has been making lately (Avengers - to a degree, Tron, Pirates... etc), I'm more optimistic.
    The greatest news is that George has finally passed it on to someone else. Although he's the first creator of Star Wars, he has also been its greatest obstacle when it comes to progress, and he's far from the only creative force.
    I'm also happy that it will be a sequel trilogy and that it will be an original story. Imagine going to the theater to watch Star Wars and have no idea what's going to happen. We can finally see the last movie of a trilogy without knowing the outcome again. I for one will not be very active here in the months leading up to the movies, because I don't want spoilers, and I certainly don't want the cynicism that always happens on fan forums to ruin anything. Going into a theater with only the trailers in mind... that's going to be awesome :)

Time will tell if the new movies will be any good or not. It all depends on the writers, the director and the cast. And the level of Lucas's involvement (I know what the official word is)

3. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    My thoughts just after hearing the announcement.

4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I'll be honest, it still hasn't sunk in yet, and it might take a couple of months for it to. Star Wars Episode VII?

This is a dream, right? I'm dreaming? The sequel trilogy is and always will be a myth!

I wonder if the live-action series is still in the works, then?

5. Womprataouille1974

Womprataouille1974 Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    Best news all week. I think that this trilogy will be much better received than the PT. Hoping that Episode VII will hush the trolls and haters...

6. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Another oldbie coming back from mostly lurking since ROTS came out. Looking forward to all the speculation over the next 2+ years.

At first when I heard the news, I seriously checked my calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1 (seriously, I did!). Then I went through the typical anger, bargaining, etc. It wasn't until I read Pablo Hidalgo's blog this morning and realized this has been in the works for a while that I calmed down. Then I thought of something else.

In 1977 my parents saw STAR WARS on the big screen.
    From 1999-2005 I saw the PT on the big screen (including 2 midnight openings).
    In a few years, I'm going to get to take my own kids to see the ST on the big screen.
    That's pretty magical right there.

7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    People keep saying this.

You used the word seriously not once but twice. That would normally imply you're serious, but...

How in hell does someone think it might be April 1 at this time of year?

8. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
  9. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Because the news was so random and unbelievable that I assumed it to be a joke :p

10. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    When you hear that Lucasfilm is now owned by Disney and Star Wars Episode VII is for real, many things are possible! :D

11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I think if anything the response this has created here, on a board that has been going along at a pretty slow and steady pace for years, is a testament to the fact that Disney is right to think there's a future and interest for the films.

12. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    First thought upon hearing the news: My God, what a mean hoax.
    Second thought: My God, I can't believe this is real.
    Third thought: My God, what a stupid man.
    Fourth thought: My God, what a lucky company.
    Fifth thought: My God, I need to find my username for the JC forums and see the uproar this is causing.

Leah Jaded and fishtailsam like this.
  13. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    Going to be tough not seeing the traditional opening to the movie with FOX, LucasFilm etc, but I should survive.

14. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    It should still say Lucasfilm... they're still the production company. But yeah, no Fox kind of sucks. I forget, did Disney put their logo in front of The Avengers? I wouldn't be surprised if there's no Disney logo and it just starts with Lucasfilm only.

obi-rob-kenobi4 likes this.
  15. GargantuanThrillMachine

GargantuanThrillMachine Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    i didn't learn my lesson with the prequels, and like a battered housewife i'll more than likely line up for the new ones

16. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    So is this the biggest news Star Wars has ever had? The fabled sequel trilogy and Disney!

17. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    Hello all! Have been visiting this site for a long time and finally decided to join up in anticipation of the wonderful events that are unfolding! I live in Denver and haven't felt this way since Celebration I back in 1999. Looking forward to sharing this experience with all of you again!

junior senator likes this.
  18. junior senator

junior senator Jedi Master star 1

Aug 9, 1998
    welcome! This is an exciting time!

Dranem likes this.
  19. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    Thanks. Still getting the hang of this board (I'm only used to the Denver Broncos board I moderate on) but its very nice! Will definitely be a place I try to frequent.

20. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    After over a decade of that stuff, I'm honestly looking forward to seeing it that's possible.

21. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    The immediate giddiness/adrenaline shock factor (say I would feel after the Lakers win a game via a buzzer beater :p ) has worn off from yesterday, but I'm still in a state of (positive) disbelief. What's been happening here on the board in a mere 24+ hours is just so damned exciting, that I can't help to think what the next few years will bring... it's almost as if the films themselves will be a bonus for me. I'm loving it all.

22. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Ah, a fellow Denverite, and a sports fan to boot. Check out the Denver board while you're here.

Dranem likes this.
  23. TheMasterOfSoresu

TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2011
    I'm still waiting for the effect to wear off so I can go to sleep!

24. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

If at least 30% of all new users are sports fans, I'll be happy. :p

Bowen likes this.
  25. Gilrod

Gilrod Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 26, 2003
    This was such a huge surprise yesterday. Someone mentioned something to me in passing about the Disney acquisition, but I didn't believe it. Then, I got home and read that new movies were planned. That's when I realized I would need to sit down for a while. What an unexpected pleasure! For the past few years, it has felt as if Star Wars was spiraling away and slowly dying. This news is awesome. Star Wars Lives. Imagine: New movies with new characters and new worlds. Unlike the prequels, we won't know how this story ends. It's a whole new universe now.