main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Sith Sell...Doe's Disney want a rule of Two

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Saurion-Fett, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I'm not sure what you are getting at. Yoda was explicitly referring to the Sith, not to Qui-gon. We know that because Mace Windu asks, "Who was the Master and who was the aprrentice?"

2. Barth

Barth Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    I think the Jedi are more complicated than that, but your point is valid. There are some parallels, but the Jedi as a whole are of course different. There are Younglings that are all trained by a Master, typically Yoda in the PT. But I see your point, that at any time a Jedi Knight has one Padawan.

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  3. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    when Qui Gon wanted to train nother Yoda told him it was forbiden....Only one apprentice per master .....a master and apprentice it applys to both codes.

just open your mind ...lol.......

I understand he was talking a bout the sith at the end....but the jedi have a similar rule one apprentice per master always two

4. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    how do we not know that the sith dont have a "similar" sith training ground like the witches in the clone wars...and i mean "like"

5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    We know that they don't. Darth Bane killed off all the other Sith and abandoned that way of doing things more than a thousand years ago.

6. GeneralCeel

GeneralCeel Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 4, 2005
    Wait a minute. People actually believe that there can only be two sith?

I've always thought that it was pretty clear that it was all about Sith in this particular line of succession, in which Palpatine was the last (well Vader in a way) deciding that the best way to achieve their goals was by having just having two of them, to avoid competition while they slowly worked toward their ultimate goal... as opposed to a bunch of sith constantly fighting each other for power

Aside from the proposition that Palpatine might have sensed them, tracked them down and killed them, there was absolutely nothing at all preventing other groups of Sith from existing somewhere in the vast universe.

Its more like the pirate code...... more like guidelines than actual rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.