main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
  2. RareSaturn

RareSaturn Jedi Knight

Feb 20, 2008
    Last I saw him he was partying on Endor....didn't look dead to me

3. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    All I ask is that the first thirty minutes are entirely in Wookiee, without subtitles.

[​IMG]

V-2 likes this.
  4. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Killed in the NJO, just as Mara bought it in Legacy... worthless deaths in the name of making the stories 'Darker and Edgier' I say we burn those books and let Chewie and Mara live, at least a little longer!

5. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I think at best he gets a cameo... they will give us mostly new characters I believe.

6. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    I think Chewie is only in it, if Han is. But I'd love to see him back! And I think they SHOULD toss the EU. All of it! Start fresh.

El_Machete12 likes this.
  7. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Then I think it's safe to say Chewie won't be in it, as I don't think Ford will even be willing.

8. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    Agreed.

9. mutantchair

mutantchair Jedi Knight

Oct 31, 2012
    There was no reason Chewie should have been in Revenge of the Sith, but he was there anyway. I think he'll be around for at least a cameo.

V-2 likes this.
  10. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    If you actually read the NJO (not just Vector Prime) then you would know his death was not worthless, it meant something. Im guessing you never read any of those books.

And what is wrong with death making the NJO darker? ROTS was pretty dark, with those butchering of children, etc. Sometimes when done well, there is nothing wrong with having darkness in star wars. War is dark anyways.

11. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    If Ahsoka appeared in Star Wars VII I'd use the DVDs of the OT to slice my wrists as I watch all my EU burn in a bonfire...

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  12. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Yeah, but there's earned darkness, which is morally complex, and then there's cheap, surface, shock-value "darkness," which is smashing one of your most beloved characters into jelly with a planet.

V-2 likes this.
  13. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    That's stupid. Let's discuss casting choices.

Jessica Biel as adult Ahsoka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dra---, WatTamborWoo and yodasbum like this.
  14. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Hayden Christensen as Force Anakin!!!!1!!1!!!!!

15. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    No he was not dead. But he will buy the farm around 21 years after that party. But hey, it goes to show, that not even film characters, those apart of the main cast, are safe from death.

O and let me answer your question earlier about vector prime. Vector prime is the 1st book in the NJO, a series when the New Republic and Jedi are faced with a horrible alien race that came from another galaxy. Takes place around 21 years after ROTJ, and is famous for killing off Chewie, which was very shocking for its time, because before that in the EU, film characters of the main cast, were not allowed to die at all, it was a rule for the previous post-ROTJ books before Vector Prime. But that changed, and it was even Lucas who allowed Chewies death. The writers wanted Chewie to die to show the severity/darkness of the invasion, to show that not even our heroes are safe, since it seemed in the previous books when they fought some form of the Imperial Remnant (Imperials left over), they always got away Scott free, no danger could harm them.

16. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    They... they wouldn't, right?

... Right? [face_nail_biting]

17. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I read quite a bit of the NJO series, and honestly found it to be rather poorly written pulp most of the time... Including Vector Prime. There were a few odd good books, I thought Destiny's Way had a brilliant new take on the force and is part of the reason I hate the Swarm War with a passion. Still, the NJO is such a departure from the rest of the universe that I think it'd be best to be buried and probably help the universe as a whole doing so.

18. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Imagine if Filoni was involved....
    [​IMG]

Esg, Darth_Kiryan and TychoCorde like this.
  19. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    It was not some cheap death (took a freakin moon to take him out, that's a compliment, better then dying like some chump), Chewies death causes character development, especially in Anakin and Han, and his sacrifice is still felt throughout the whole series.

So i don't see how it was cheap shock-value.

How would you have killed Chewie then, if given other options?

20. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Oooooh, that'd be cool! Like another Shaak Ti!

Ahsoka_Tano_11 likes this.
  21. Norminator

Norminator Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2009
    I know nothing about the later seasons of TCW, so this comment may be pointless, but I doubt she survives the clone wars.

New rule: NO clones or resurrected characters in Ep VII [face_not_talking]

22. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    One could argue star wars needed that "change" or departure. If you know it could be argued the post-ROTJ EU has grown stale, before Vector Prime. It was basically the same enemy time after time. Most of the time Imperial Remnant, occasional dark jedi/sith...and that's about it. I actually applaud the NJO writers for making the NJO very different from star wars content before it.

In retrospect, almost all of star wars, has to do with Jedi/New/Old Republic/Rebel Alliance fighting Sith/dark jedi/Imperials. NJO is unique because the good guys are fighting something not related to the darkside or Empire. I believe that was change we needed instead of the whole warlord of the week in the New Republic Era/Bantam era.

Now after the NJO, they went back to the typical Jedi vs Sith formula, add that to the whole recant Old Republic era EU, with even more Jedi vs Sith/Imperials. That then makes the NJO even more unique/interesting.

And im sure Episode 7 is going to have Jedi vs some darksiders, whether they be sith or dark jedi, since the audience expects lightsaber duels.

So my point is, that having a threat to the galaxy that was not darksiders/imperials for a change, is actually a benefit to Star Wars. There is nothing wrong with changing up the formula once in a while, yes i agree NJO is a departure from the norm of star wars....but what's wrong with that?

23. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    But Wait.....Ahsoka is an EU CHARACTER.....we can't allow that HORRIBLE EU crap from tarnishing the sacredness of the films. No....just NO. We don't need no stinkn EU stuff.

24. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Ahsoka is T-Canon, bro.

I feel dirty.

25. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh, hey, that's right, they're tossing all of that garbage out! I'm much more relieved now, thanks.