main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Should epsiode 7 be in 3D

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TheGuardianofArlon, Oct 31, 2012.

?

Should Episode 7 be in 3D?

1. Yes

31 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. No

45 vote(s)
    51.7%
  3. I don't know..

11 vote(s)
    12.6%
  1. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    I'm not sure..either way

2. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    They've confirmed that it will be, haven't they?

3. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    It would not surprise me. IMAX for sure.

Sent from TapaTalk HD

4. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Hell, who knows if 3d will actually still be a huge market incentive by 2015?

5. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Anyway, they might as well shoot in 3D since they are converting the others anyway.

Echo-07 likes this.
  6. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    It probably will. As long as the non-3D version is the same and in beautiful HD, I don't care. I have no interest in 3D movies, for the most part.

7. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    No, no, no, no, no. 3D is not good. Quite annoying actually. lol

R2-DK and WIERD_GREEN_MAN like this.
  8. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    No. But it probably will be.

9. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I don't think they should, but that hasn't stopped any company from making a movie in 3d.

10. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    You have the choice to choose what format you want to see it in, don't like 3D, don't see it.

I will be seeing it in IMAX though.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No. No. No.
    As others have saidm it most likely will be, though. Regardless, I will avoid a 3-D showing of Episode 7 as if Jake Lloyd is portraying the role of Luke.

-polymath- likes this.
  12. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I don't think that they should, but they probably will.

13. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    ...Say what? That would be awkward...

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No Arlon, what that would be is 'terrible'. The word you were looking for is terrible. Hence my use of it to convey my interest in 3D.

15. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    3D is marketable and an excuse to charge more for tickets. But if they do it I hope it is IMAX because that way it will actually be decent, RealD is generally lame.

16. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  17. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007

18. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It would definitely be in 3D. Consider what Lucas has said in the past couple of years about 3D and the future of film.

19. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    No. No, no, no, no, no. I'm getting a little sick of the combination of headaches and feeling like rocks are getting shoved up my nose when I sit down to watch a film.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  20. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    I like 3D in those 45-minute science films they show at the science center, because then we get to see sea monsters coming out of the screen to eat us, which is thrilling and awesome.
    I have not seen and Star Wars movies in 3D, but from what I've read, the 3D is just like the kind in the Harry Potter films - no real point, people just stand out a bit more from the background. It's not worth it, IMO, because of extra cost and because 3D is still not perfect - I can still see two slightly differently placed images with 3D movies. Saying OMG 3D! SO COOL! when reality is that there's a tiny extra bit of depth is not worth the lowering in image quality to me. If you want 3D, use it!

21. segask

segask Jedi Master star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    I think they should shoot in 3D. A main reason a lot (but I know not all) of people dislike 3D right now is because we have to wear glasses. Maybe 20-30 years from now they'll have figured out how to do 3D without the glasses. Shooting it in 3D assures they'll have real left/right eye data.

22. Hermi_Odle

Hermi_Odle Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 18, 2011
    I'm not fussed either way. At least it'll follow on from the rest of the saga being re-shown in cinemas in 3D so theres continuity in that respect. Wasnt the original plan to have every movie out each year in 3d until the anniversary in 2017? But then some news came out that they were going to have Ep 2 and 3 released together or something? Guess we know why now - to make way for 7 in 2015...

23. klooney

klooney Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2009
    Yes of course, shot in 3D 48 fps HFR. None of this lame 2D post-covert rubbish. Do it properly and film it in 3D and it looks fantastic (Avatar, Prometheus, the Tron Legacy 3D parts) _or_ just stick to Nolan/Brad Bird-style classy 2D release with partial or complete IMAX. Trying to bilk consumers with fake 3D as an ongoing business model has to have a limited shelf life to it.

If anything should be shot in 3D it would be a Star Wars feature film (and the Marvel films really really ought to be shot in 3D too, but apparently they cannot afford to.)

24. R2-DK

R2-DK Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2011
    If they're going to do any 3D release, I would actually rather they post-convert it. Production is sooooo much easier when you only have to worry about making things look right on a flat canvas. Having to constantly make sure the depth is working out for everything is a serious restraint.

Alderaan Luke likes this.
  25. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    News sites have been reporting is going to be 3D.