main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Combat Evolved: The Halo Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by BISMARCK, May 21, 2002.

1. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

I hated when GAME did that with my N7 edition of Mass Effect 3 earlier in the year due to their stock issues. If I hadn't been vigilant and kept checking my order every day I wouldn't have got a replacement off of Zavvi.com, as most copies were sold out within 2-3 hours of GAME announcing that they were no longer stocking EA games.

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    It wasn't actually GAME's fault, but I'm still unhappy it happened. I'd dropped my card outside a shop, someone handed it in, and the owner called up so it was cancelled.

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    IGN's Review.

:eek:[face_hypnotized]:D

I have to go vote come 11/6? Pfft. More important things to do that day. :p

DarkEagle likes this.
  4. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    "fly a Pelican"

:eek:=P~

5. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Fixed.
    ;)

6. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  7. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    How would microsoft be able to tell if an accusation of discrimination is true or not? Are they going to record what people say over headset? Are the people who are doing the reporting going to have to provide their own evidence? Or is it going to be a system that could be abused by trolls and sore losers? I love the zero-tolerance policy, I'm just confused how this is going to be enforced.

8. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    I don't know about all that. I just know that when I am put into matchmaking and the yelling of pre-pubescent chatterboxes doesn't immediately fill my speakers, it's because there is a female voice present and everyone is desperately trying to hit on her.

9. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Who says you can't do both, go do your duty as a citizen of this great nation and vote early that morning, then go pick up Halo 4 and waste the rest of the day, no the rest of the week, away. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of wasting my week away, but I definitely intend to play Halo 4. I have a funny feeling there might be an extremely low turnout at the polls next Tuesday, more so than usual.

Somehow, people going nuts over a female voice on Xbox Live wouldn't surprise me one bit, and I haven't even ever played over Live.

10. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I don't get to vote for the North American Temporary Emperor. However, it's good to know there will be one Chief I'll be hailin' that day and his name is John-117.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  11. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    All five parts of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn are a masterpiece!

Spazmatron likes this.
  12. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Fly A pelican? Does that mean I don't have to play CE mods for that anymore! YES!

Also part 5 was amazing in forward unto dawn.

Kyler's death was so sad. Cortana looked amazing. Holy crap that's a lot of ships.

13. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Augh! SPOILERS! :mad:

14. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    I just read the latest Q&A on 343's Waypoint blog.

The Mammoth won't be in multipayer like the Elephants were in 3's Sandtrap. :_|

15. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Who knows, maybe they will take a leaf out of the Battlefield playbook and create a largest Halo map ever.

BLemelisk likes this.
  16. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Spazmatron Spoiler tags wouldn't have hurt. I was looking forward to the last episode.

17. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Really? I mean I'm not sure I would count that as a spoiler. I mean it was so obvious it was going to happen.

I mean she had dead written all over her. She's a close friend of the main character, they began to have romantic feelings, he told her flat out she'd make it through this. The girl had a grim reaper standing over her for quite the long time.

Spazmatron likes this.
  18. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Hey man, maybe it was obvious to you but it didn't seem that way to me. She could have made it out of that mess. One way or another, as Chewgumma so eloquently put it, a spoiler tag wouldn't have hurt.

19. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    That's why I didn't even bother mentioning any specifics, at least until tomorrow, when people have actually got the chance to see it.

20. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    True, I'm so use to war movie and war game tropes I know from the first five minutes who is going to live and who is going to die.

21. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Like you I figured out what was going to happen already. But it would have still been nice to go into the episode not knowing whether the story would to break from convention or stick with what was being set up.

22. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    Since we're throwing out spoiler tags for this instance: I'm upset her lips had to die too...:(

23. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Sorry for not including the tags. Forgot.

Edit. Why the heck would you be on a Halo 4 video forum if you haven't seen it yet? My mind = blown. Bound to be spoilers...

24. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Perhaps to check for news on Halo 4 now that review embargo is up rather than talk specifics about Forward Unto Dawn?

Spazmatron likes this.
  25. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I really liked the bit where Kelly and Fred "unmasked" themselves, showing the survivors they were slightly older kids but still kids just like themselves. Which begs the question as to why Chief had the rank, armor and voice he'd have 25 years hence instead of sounding a bit younger and less Kieffer Sutherlandish. :p

Chewgumma likes this.