main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher were told August last year

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Saurion-Fett, Oct 31, 2012.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher contacted August last year
    Who is this August that they contacted last year and what does he or she have to do with the film? Whoever they are, it is very kind of them to reach out to him/her.

Saurion-Fett and DarthLowBudget like this.
  2. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I vote for the latter. Still, I'd say this interview is very indicative that Hamill and Fisher at the very least could be returning. Harrison is really starting to get old and I know he doesn't like Han Solo a whole lot, but he'd be a great sport if he'd at least return for the first one so they could kill him off in the way he always wanted the character to be killed off....

3. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    I really think Luke in the Obi-Wan/Yoda role as Master and Leia as the head of the Republic is the way to go. They need them to be involved in the new movies.

JainaSoloYJK and TreborSabreon like this.
  4. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    omg, Pernilla August? [face_laugh]

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    How sweet... they visited their grandma.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    YES!!! :D

7. Hermi_Odle

Hermi_Odle Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 18, 2011
    I find it kinda sweet that Lucas had a little sit-down with Mark and Carrie and told them his plans, it's like going back to your parents to let them know you're thinking of asking your girl to be your wife! Anyway, this shows, at least to me, that George still respects and values the original team and I suspect there's a lot thats been said and done behind closed doors. I reckon the ol' gang would be well up for doing these new films, and lets face it, anyway who loves Star Wars would want to see them reprise their characters. It wouldn't even be cheesy or anything because the great thing about the saga is that you can drop in 20, 30, 50, 100, x-amount of years later and still find interesting tales to tell. There's a weird sense of coming full circle here, to have seen a young Obi-Wan train Anakin, who goes on to father Luke, who is in turn trained by an old Obi-Wan, and then perhaps, an older Luke returns true balance to the Force by starting a new Jedi regime. Just me fangasming, but I'd sure like to see that...

8. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    The meeting was with Fisher and Hamill no Ford........wonder why

9. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    On TheForceCast I thought someone said Ian McDiarmid was there too. Not sure if thats true, or if it is relevant to the potential story even if he was. He may have wanted to just tell his friend since he was there.

10. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Oh boy, talk about misleading thread titles.

Darth Somnambulous likes this.
  11. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    To quote their father: "yipeee!!!!"

I think that means they will be in Episode VII!

I still cannot believe there will be an Episode VII.:D

12. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    I have been unsure if I'm happy or sad or excited or what about the news but if Mark and Carrie are involved I can't wait. Grand Master Luke played by Mark, "its gonna be great".

13. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    I don't think I've ever heard Harrison say he doesn't like Solo or hates Star Wars. He owes his entire leading man career to Solo. I think people have added 2+2 and come up with 66. Just because he wasn't certain about returning for Jedi (he had a different contract to Carrie and Mark) or that he wanted Solo to die doesn't mean he hates the character or films. At his age he may have been more worried about type casting or the prospect of a sequel trilogy so quickly after Jedi. He has always been involved with the interviews for Star Wars. He also said 'Read my lips bye bye Indy'. He was in Cowboys and Aliens so I don't see why he wouldn't do another Star Wars especially as a cameo if he gets the death that he wanted.

14. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    It occurs to me that George may have had the intention of carrying on with these sequels without Mark and Carrie and decided to ask for a sit-down out of respect for his relationship with the actors. I certainly hope not, though, as I'd just love to see the originals appear for one last go around.

15. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I hope mark will at least consider appearing in one of these new movies. If they are gonna call it episode VII there has to be some connection with the previous ones. Otherwise to me it will just be a spin off.

16. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    No Intention of misleading anyone....sorry maybe you read what you wanted dont really see that as my fault but anyway.... I do believe that as Hamill said they were told to keep things quiet and that even telling the interviewer this much may have been more than what he was meant to. This leaves me to think that ideas may have been thrown arround and he is sitting on more info.

And lucus could just as easy sent an email a couple of days or phoned or met days before the disney deal but to meet in august last year to talk about VII VIII IX thats more than just being told.
    I feel he was sounding them out before any deal was finalized.

But lucky you corrected that for me

17. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Next time they have coffee together you're probably going to assume they signed a contract for six movies.

18. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    yeah but you will be there to correct it for me so no panic.......how does contacted mean anything else....

19. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Walking the dog together? Episode XIII!

Darth Somnambulous likes this.
  20. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    No flaming. :)

21. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    He might have already been told or Lucas knew he wasn't interested.

Perhaps he was playing a long game and bidding his time to trap him :D

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  22. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Maybe they're not in touch.

23. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    ITS A TRAP!

24. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4