main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher were told August last year

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Saurion-Fett, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    lol...peace....O:)

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I hear he's friends with August!

3. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    How do you mean?

They don't talk or a falling out?

The awards and Indy interviews would disagree.

4. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    August is dead.

They came for September next!!!

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  5. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I mean, maybe they're not that close or don't meet that often. There are many reason he might not have told him.

Hell. For all we know, he already knew.

6. darkmole

darkmole Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 2, 2000
    Was it definitely last year? It doesn't say so in the article. Hamill says 'last summer' first but then says 'last August' (which would be August 2012) and the interviewer says 'this last summer', which implies the summer just gone.

7. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    But they do stay in touch. Ford has said that many times.

And I did say Ford might have been told on a separate occasion.

What is Ford's problem with playing Solo anyway?

I've never seen any mention of the reason for it.

I know he hated working on Blade Runner, but he has always spoken of the reasons for that.

8. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I think it's some interview he did back when Indy IV came out where he mentions that in his mind Han Solo's story was finished, while Indy still had a lot to tell.

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  9. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    He came back for indy cant see why not unless the story has nothing for him to do

10. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    same time

11. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    But does he say he hated the character?

Or just that there was no more he saw the character advancing?

12. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    No, I think that's just some fans reading too much into what Ford said.

13. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    I think August just gone is more likely.

Lucas was never going to make more movies - so I think while the deal was in progress he approached Hamill and Fisher to either see if they'd return or to tell them Luke and Leia wouldn't be involved.

14. Matsemitsu

Matsemitsu Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    This just confirms what is completely obvious to me (and I wonder why it doesn't seem to be obvious to everybody): They will be in the movie. And why wouldn't they? Who in their right mind would announce a sequel trilogy to Star Wars, knowing full well that every person on this planet will be jumping up and down about seeing the classic heroes in action once again, but not include, at least in some capacity the characters which the culture at large identifies with it?

Consider the new Dallas TV show - they knew it wouldn't be Dallas without Larry Hagman, so they got him. Consider Star Trek - they knew that a reboot of the show was a great opportunity not just to bring old characters, but also the respective actors back. Which is why Leonard Nimoy returned from retirement to play Spock one last time.

I don't see why they would waste such a great opportunity in this case. And if Harrison Ford was willing to play Indiana Jones once more after nearly 20 years, why wouldn't he give Han Solo another shot if it's a good role and there's enough money involved?

15. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    I think alot of actors involved in starwars can end up with regrets and get sick of talking about it.
    Carrie Fisher has people still yell out Leia when they see her. even Ewen McGregor has people yell out "may the force be with you" in hotel lobys.
    So the OT cast may have had enough

16. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    I think a four billion dollar deal would have hinged on VII VIII IX and was in negoiations last year easy. Just talks nothing more august just gone to me feels like this august.
    august last year feels like last august and august next year is next august.

but thats just me

17. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    harpuah likes this.
  18. mak08

mak08 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2011
    Hi ... I'm one of the lurkers and what better moment to delurk than this. I have waited for this like - I don't know .... . So now to the meeting of Lucas with Mark and Carrie...

And if i remember correctly, Hamill not only has a contract signed, that he will get every Star Wars merchandise ever made, but he also signed for following movies. And they talked about a Luke in his 60s way back. Something like "I will contact you when you're old enough." So maybe these are all rumours but they are fitting.

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  19. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I just thought of that line in Weird Al's Yoda song. ;)
    "The long term contract I had to sign said I'll be making these movies til the end of time."
    Sounds like they really will be now.

20. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Carrie Fisher is defiantly not coming back, I think she's funny, but she doesn't look anything like she used too.

If Mark Hamill is truly interested, they could edit his face to make him appear younger.

21. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    Don't see why Carrie wouldn't come back she looks like a 60 odd year old Liea. She was also the biggest star of the trilogy to come back on Bring back Star Wars. Everything Lucas and Hamill have said would indicate that Luke would be in his 60's in this trilogy and Hamill is in his 60's. Whatever happens I bet the deals either already signed for the Old cast or they're not coming back. I like Hamill's message- patience- I think that he knows more than he's letting on.

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  22. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    OMG which one was Carrie

23. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    he could learn the way of the Norris and grown a kenobi beard

yodasbum likes this.
  24. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    This dinner was in Orlando yeah? Could it be as simple as they were already there for Star Wars Celebration and Ford was not??

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I contact old friends all the time. You're jumping the gun on this. I imagine selling his baby is a pretty big deal to him, and contacting the people who helped build it isn't really all that strange. At this point, it's silly to assume anything.