main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What do expect to be the first offical announcement for the actual film?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by yodasbum, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    I expect a director and some of the principle cast to announced by the years end and maybe even some concet drawings. I remember four things being announced in particular for The Phantom Menace.

George Lucas to direct.

Casting of Liam Nesson, Ewan and Natalie.

The pod race.

The first photo: Federation Battle tank.

I was horrified by Nesson's casting, although I have grown to love him, I remembered him from The Dead Pool, I think that the PT Trilogy could have done with him through out as a force ghost. I was horrified by news of the Pod race- I hate racing but it was an excellent sequence.

I thought Natalie and Ewan where inspired. Although I always wanted Kenneth Branagh to be Obi Wan. I think that Ewan excelled in the fights but was let down by the direction 'you were right about one thing the negotiations were short'. As for Natalie George absolutely wasted her talent.

I was none plused about the picture of the Battle tank.

As I remember there wasn't as much pre publicity photos for the Phantom Menace until the trailer came out. For the other two it seemed that pre-vis and on set stuff came out straight away.

This trilogy is going to be harder to specualte on because there is no known end points for the end of IX.

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    EVERY SAGA HAS AN UNEXPECTED SEQUEL...

-polymath- and KED12345 like this.
  3. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    The title?

Spazmatron likes this.
  4. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Well we did get our first official news It'll be an original story. :p

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

5. SamiS

SamiS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2001
    The title could be announced near the very end

6. WhinyLuke

WhinyLuke Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2012
    My hope is now with Disney having Star Wars they will keep Celebrations in Orlando and use it next year to release information, if not, I bet we will know a LOT around comic con 2013. But if Disney is smart they would turn Celebrations in to the big Star Wars place for news, trailers, previews, etc

7. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    We didn't find out until July 2004 what the title for ROTS would be, I expect we will know it as Episode 7 for all next year.

The first official announcement we'll probably hear is who's directing.

The Star Wars part of the Comic-Con in 2013 is probably when we'll hear first details.

8. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    They'll announce Mark Hamill quite soon. But it would be explained he would be in an "Obi-Wan" role.

9. Darth_Darkmoon

Darth_Darkmoon Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    I also think that they will announce Mark Hamill reprising his role as Luke Skywalker.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  10. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    The director, producer and writer/s will be the first annoucements.

11. YoureNotJonesy

YoureNotJonesy Jedi Knight

Nov 1, 2012
    I feel one of the linchpins for this new trilogy is having Hamill back as Luke. If this were a new saga with new characters, and had nothing to do with the previous entries, I don't think that it would be called "Episode VII".

yodasbum likes this.
  12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'm hoping some writing news first, as I'd rather them get a good script and find the people to fit it then cast actors and write a story to fit around them.

mavjade likes this.
  13. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Here's my feelings on the timing of stuff...

Spring/Summer 2013: Announcements of dicrector, producer, etc, then later casting announcements.
    Fall/Winter 2013: Filming begins, first spoiler pics :p
    Spring/Summer 2014: Filming completely wraps (including pickups and re-shoots)
    Late Summer/Early Fall 2014: First teaser trailer
    Thanksgiving 2014: Theatrical trailer/title annoucement

The film will probably be released, following the pattern, some time in May 2015.

14. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I think we'll learn who is drafting the script for the film long before we have a director attached. Though I could see an announcement of screenwriter and director happening concurrently.

15. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I too expect to hear who is writing (written?)the script pretty soon.

-polymath- likes this.
  16. jps78

jps78 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    Release date will be first, the way the studios operate now a days is they want to lock in that date first. Next the screenwriter and then the director. However if Harrison does agree to come back then I think we'll be seeing Disney announce as soon as possible that Mark,Carrie and Harrison have all agreed to return.

17. DarthDragon164

DarthDragon164 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    I'd imagine writer/director/etc. first. Hopefully next will be a general idea of when it will be set (40 years after RotJ? 100 years? 10 minutes?) and possibly a hint a who's returning.

18. Master Hamahiga

Master Hamahiga Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I would imagine the title, director, and principle actors would be a reasonable expectation by the end of the year. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they withheld the title for a while to build fan anticipation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.