main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    that is crazy funny

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    To be honest, I don't care what Disney and Lucas do, because it's Star Wars, and any storyline that they come up with will be amazing, I would never walk out of the movie theatre. I don't care what happens, I'm staying in my seat :D

JediWheelz, kainee and Vespasian like this.
  3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Nothing. I don't freak out about movies.

kainee likes this.
  4. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Holy smokes, this has got to be the most depressingly negative forum topic ever.

It is insane how we are all speculating on the story, characters, etc. - myself included - but at least that is fun and positive.

What is the point of a topic like this?

To discuss walking out of a movie that hasn't even been written yet!!!!

And before anybody says "if you don't like don't look" or similar - that is not a valid defence!!!

5. mandragora

mandragora Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2005
    Palpatine clones, Yoda clones, or Darth Vader clones showing up.

6. Kir Kanos Jr

Kir Kanos Jr Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    I would walk away if the movie would not start with a Lucasfilm logo... oh wait...

7. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    The Lucasfilm logo will still be there, but won't Disney be the main logo now?

8. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    The movie is going to start with a Lucasfilm logo.

Where is Ender_Sai ?

9. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Hai!

Wow, ok. So, like:

1) If any of the NJO is filmed
    i) Further to #1, if any of the EU that's not the Thrawn trilogy is filmed​
    2) If any of the Twilight cast end up in the film
    3) If anything in ANY speculation thread from 2012 ends up in the film
    4) If people end up asking for crossovers just because they like two things (AVENGERS WERE COOL THEY COULD HAVE SPACE AVENGERS IN STAR WRAS!!1!)
    5) If people make threads listing directors they like who should TOTALLY OMG DIRECTOR IT. I'm glad you liked Nolan's Batfilms, but that's no reason to suggest Nolan direct Star Wars. And for the record, I don't consider clueless fanboyism to be a sufficient reason
    6) If any of the Lucas family star in it
    7) If Hayden Christensen and Jake Lloyd play next-generation Skywalkers
    8) Similar to #1, if the trend towards trying to shoehorn mundane items into SW life to make it more like ours (I'm looking at you, Luceno and Traviss) happens in the film, I'm out of there. So, if someone's playing a Star Wars X-Box type console or talking on a space i-Phone... see ya!
    9) If the actors are worse than the benchmark OT (excepting Liam Neeson, who was the ONLY good thing about those godforsaken prequels) standards
    10) If Danny ******* Elfman scores these films
    11) If any of the films have romance scenes that appear to have been written by the fans of #2 (i.e. virgins. And yes, I know Lucas has kids)
    i) Similarly, if there's a sex-scene, it's just not Star Wars​
    ii) Every single fanboy that wants an actress cast just because he beats off to that actress and this would give him something exotic should get AIDS of the ears and perish. Fact.​
    12) If they do hamfisted allegories to modern politics
    13) If they make the already emasculated Vader less badass
    14) If they arbitrarily add a Yoda-raced character
    15) If Stormtroopers aren't the footsoldier of the evil side
    16) If battle-droids ARE the footsoldier of the evil side
    17) If a whiny, annoying, unrelate-able Skywalker brat goes on a journey to become a Jedi (or an in Anakin's case, a man. Which he failed at) and has R2 as a companion.
    18) If the main characters are all emotionally vapid Jedi, and not superpowered electro-wizards. Han Solo was the best thing about the OT, and the reason the PT sucked so much ass (well, excepting the aforementioned Mr Neeson, the prequels was just a laundry list of terrible ideas but you'll get my point) was the lack of a sarcastic, laconic cynic like Solo.
    19) If they make me long for the prequels by the 30mins mark
    20) If they feel the need to give characters terrible haircuts to "tie it in" to the OT.

I could list a lot more reasons, too.

I was born in 1979, and have been a Star Wars fan since I was about 4 and didn't understand squat about the bigger SW picture. I was the tail end of the original wave of fans. I have a copy of Splinter of the Mind's Eye from 1987 and Heir to the Empire from 1991. I was a big SW fan before the Special Editions, before the prequels, hell I remember the big deal Rebel Assault made on release. So roughly half my life has been spent loving the best of Star Wars (I bought WEG books for the roleplaying game, not to masturbate to the stats contained therein and bitch when stuff didn't make sense to people who didn't understand the game mechanics) and then having that love slowly eroded by exponentially worse quality product since 1999. So it's not that I'm not interested in a new trilogy, it's that the prequels and Clone Wars and Del Rey era EU has been so universally terrible, so mind-****ingly bad, that I'm actually just disenchanted by it and it won't take much for me to go... "I remember when Star Wars was good."

V-2 and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Ok, so...

Disney bought LFL from it's shareholder. i.e. George Lucas.

What that means is that Disney is the parent company from LFL. That's all. Tell me something - have you seen the Avengers? And did Avengers show the Marvel montage logo at the start? Yep. Did you see the Disney logo with the "When you wish upon a star" fanfare and the castle and stuff? No.

Did you hear the news third hand and just assume the worst? You poor bugger. Must have been a dreadful couple of days for you. :(

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah they showed a lot of consideration to the EU when they made the prequels so I'm sure they'll defer to the sixteen different versions of how the Rebels got the Death Star plans, just to keep continuity.

Bowen, kainee and V-2 like this.
  12. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I object, sir!!

Michael Sheen is awesome!

13. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    You only get the Marvel logo at the beginning of The Avengers...so you should only get the Lucas logo for Star Wars.

14. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Anything to do with the prequels!

They don't exist as far as i'm concerned...

15. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Honestly? Nothing.

16. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    Have any of you walked out of a Star Wars film? I have never even contemplated that. I nearly walked out of Kingdom of the Crystal Crap. I only didn't because I made my whole of my family go.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Necro-deleted. I was inappropriate.

18. Rodimus1980

Rodimus1980 Jedi Knight

Nov 1, 2009
    There will be no walking out. This is what is so great about Disney being in charge now. If we get some movies that suck you just have to be patient. We'll get new writers and a new directors and eventually all will be well. Never forget "Batman & Robin" If a franchise can come back from that then anything is possible.

19. Rodimus1980

Rodimus1980 Jedi Knight

Nov 1, 2009
    hahahahahahah Same here.

20. moxlox

moxlox Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Excellent. Me too! ^:)^

21. Schwarma

Schwarma Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Any actors named Hayden.

Han Shot First likes this.
  22. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Nothing, because I won't be going alone and I can't walk home alone after midnight...not in this town....

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  23. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Speaking only for me and how my fandom manifests, the Special Edition, Prequal Trilogy and Clone Wars era has been a long and saddening time to have to endure. When I heard that Disney was going to take over SW it provided hope that we wouldn't have to wait for George to pass away before Star Wars could come out of this terrible and empty PT/CW wasteland.

While I'm hopeful that Disney will find good storytellers and good directors to rescue SW from what it has become, I'm still concerned that they will look at the financial success of the PT/CW and continue to offer us the same.

I may be alone in this, but I feel like there are probably a lot of people out there lurking that have developed the same approach/avoidance reaction to SW because of the Special Edition, PT, and CW. The seeming success of this thread is probably a reflection of that. Far from being negative, it's almost seems like therapy to be able to air our concerns and, (for me,) may lead to me ending my SW boycott and giving SW one more chance at recovering from George Lucas and what he has done to it.

UseTheForceLady likes this.
  24. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Aw man... :(

25. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    You probably just jinxed it.

JediKnightOB1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.