main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher were told August last year

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Saurion-Fett, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    I agree ...that was a reply to another comment. A lost in translation thing....I meant whats the difference between "told" and contacted...I had used the word contacted and it was changed to Told. I did not mean that it meant they were signed and ready to go.

English....the worst language in the world.

But its still fun to guess and there is no real info yet....so just making do with the scraps we have. Makes the three year wait more fun

2. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    He probably just wanted them to have a heads up before anyone else. He probably assumed that reporters would go to them first and instead of them being caught off guard.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

3. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I wouldn't say probably... more like, possibly. Again... assumptions are the enemy, here. :p

4. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I disagree, it's not silly IMO... because it's not only that they are making a new Star Wars theatrical release (like they did with the Clone Wars animated feature) and then Lucas talked with Hamill and Fisher.

Combine these with the fact that it's called Episode VII, continuing from Episode VI.

It's very possible that the two Skywalkers will return in some capacity. Not set in stone, but very possible.

5. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    This does'nt clear things up
    The seventh film in the series is due for release in 2015, following the news that Disney has bought the production company LucasFilm for £2.5bn - securing the rights to the series and revealing plans to make episodes 7, 8 and 9 over the next nine years.
    And speaking to the website The Wrap, Pollock - who is the author of Skywalking: The Life And Films Of George Lucas - revealed that Lucas had originally outlined plots for tweleve Star Wars movies, which he was given access to when researching his book.
    He also said that the next three instalments could potentially be among the best yet.
    [​IMG]Mark Hamill is reportedly unlikely to return to the role of Luke Skywalker (Picture: Getty Images)
    'The three most exciting stories were parts 7,8 and 9,' Pollock said.
    'They had propulsive action, really interesting new worlds, new characters. I remember thinking, "I want to see these three movies".'
    Pollock added that the outlines for the next episodes in Lucas' saga featured Luke Skywalker in his thirties and forties - but said Mark Hamill, who played the role in the original trilogy of films, was unlikely to return.
    He also confirmed that the seventh film would be based on the plot outline he had read, saying that Lucas' stories had been 'in part what Disney bought', and that it would be a completely original story set 20 years after the events of the first three films

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/film/916644-star-wars-7-could-feature-middle-aged-luke-says-lucas-biographer#ixzz2AyTl0U3U

yodasbum likes this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Joke swindler!!!

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  7. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Where as you are an Adonis, no doubt!!

8. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I was giving you the reply!

9. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Dude, bad form. Just a nasty comment.

10. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    You talking to me?

11. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    No, to Myke.

12. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    No I have been miss spelling Lucas all night ....it was about that....(crawls into corner)

13. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    No, it was about Myke's August joke. Do keep up.

14. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012

Sorry, my battery hit 0% and I lost track of it all. :)

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This new thread title is such a monumental let down. I was infinitely more hopeful when we were led to believe that Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher contacted Pernilla August last year. The thought of Luke & Leia reaching out to Shmi was such a sweet sentiment. Whoever edited the poorly worded title is a hope thief. :(

rhonderoo and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  16. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Hey, I wasn't trying to be rude. I was trying to say that they're simply older, it happens to people.

KilroyMcFadden likes this.
  17. WhinyLuke

WhinyLuke Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2012
    I thought he was talking August of this year when he said Last August (the last one)

18. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Speculation, but still REALLY hoping this means Luke pops up in some form...[face_praying]

19. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    "Hamill should get his face edited" seems very rude to me.

And what is wrong with the way Fisher looks?

20. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I said they "could" not they "should", it really comes down to the actors opinion on the issue.

21. WhinyLuke

WhinyLuke Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2012
    I think they HAVE to have Mark in it, even if its small, to be the older jedi and contact it with the OT. Why would Lucas feel the need to take them to lunch and tell them about it? Did he call everyone from the OT and PT? You think Natalie Portman cares. I bet he didnt run out to see Ford. This is strange. Hamill in the last few years has kind of pushed his self out talking and doing Star Wars stuff, but Fisher has gotten more in to with cons, etc

22. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    She did a few weight loss commercials this year, and other than simply for her health, it may have also been a preemptive pitch to studio execs that she would actually like to be involved with these movies.

Skywalker2B likes this.
  23. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    So you think Hamill and Fisher are up for getting their face worked on so as not to offend people by having aged?

Awesome.

24. Darth_Darkmoon

Darth_Darkmoon Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    Why should the get their faces worked on? If the new movies take place around 40 or so years in the future of Episode 6 they would be older people and look the way the actors look.

25. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    No they dont