main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Future of the Star Wars Saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Ernesto1035, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    Like I said in another post:

We all knew this day would come. And it is smart, practical and only logical that George Lucas would ensure that Star Wars will live on after his death.

Lucasfilm has ALWAYS had very strong relations with Disney. Pixar (created by Lucas) has been owned by disney for some time now and LFL has partnered with disney many, many times before on SW projects. Lucasfilm still carry's George's name. Its still a very green company And Lucas himself is still a totally independent philanthropist.

"But Disney is a huge public corporation; wouldn't Lucasfilm and Star Wars get swallowed up somehow?" No. ABSOLUTELY NOT. The evidence is to the contrary. Look at the acquisition of Pixar, and more recently Marvel. While Disney has integrated some of their functions, both units have been given the kind of creative independence that has enabled them to flourish and continue the broad success that made them interesting to Disney in the first place. The Avengers, for example, was made after Disney acquired Marvel. It has become one of the most successful films of all time, and the franchise has never been stronger.

The Star Wars Saga is still George's story which has been completed since 2005 that he leaves behind for this world to enjoy and wonder about for decades after his death. The fact that George Lucas gave his blessing for more films to keep coming out so that SW lives on after his retirement and death is not that surprising and doesn't change anything from the past, it only makes the future a lot more fun.

*************** Now... ***************

As for the ST it will almost defiantly be treated exactly as the "Old Republic" era stuff is. By that I mean it will be set FAR into the future. Far away from the films so they will finally have the true freedom they need in order to not contradict anything in George Lucas's Star Wars Saga (Episodes 1 through 6).

The ST will be set hundreds, maybe thousands of years in the future of the SW galaxy.

In fact, as of right now, the only thing the ST even has to do with SW is that it will be set in the same universe.

Its basically just a bigger version of The Old Republic guys. These new films will not affect the Star Wars Saga (or OS) any more than TOR did.

Think of it like that and it becomes much clearer to understand.

After Walt Disney died Disney had to fight off lots of attempts to break up the company in the 1980s. Thanks to Lucas's planing this can now never happen to Lucasfilm. The future looks bright and most importantly SAFE for Lucasfilm and Star Wars. As I read more on it it is clear that they are handling them a lot like "The Old Republic". Totally separate from the films or OS (Original Saga) and set years in the distant future.

oierem likes this.
  2. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Well, it looks like the "future" of Star Wars is here - Disney's Star Wars Episode VII coming 2015

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    What is "ST" ??

4. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    ST = Sequel Trilogy, just like OT = Original Trilogy and PT = Prequel Trilogy.

5. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
  6. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    I read the news on Empire Magazine just an hour ago (I was sick yesterday DAMMIT!) and I was disgusted by the amount of people saying they should remove all the CGI and revert back to stop-motion and puppets. NO NO NO!!

obi-rob-kenobi4 and Zeta1127 like this.
  7. johnrain39

johnrain39 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    Maybe They"ll reboot the whole franchise. This time include The Force:Unleashed.

8. JStepp

JStepp Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 10, 2011
  9. obi-rob-kenobi4

Apr 17, 2007
    LOL! Wow thats just plain anti-technology. Anti-science. And Anti-progressive. Only gos to show how far out some of the SW wing nuts are in their extremism.

Let the peanut gallery flip out, the PT/OT days are OVER. And good riddance. Now there is only the OS (Original Saga) and ST!

Let them obsess over the ST now.:cool:

Jarren_Lee-Saber and -NaTaLie- like this.
  10. LukeTano

LukeTano Jedi Master star 3

Jul 10, 2009
    At last! A chance to save Ahsoka! With new Epsiodes, she now COULD come back. More Episodes and hope for our beloved Togruta! I've been waiting for this moment a very long time my little green friend! Ha ha ha! SOS wins! SOS wins! SOS wins! We saved Ahsoka! Since Eckstein works for Disney, who now owns Star Wars, she'll be able to have more say and save her character! We win! Party! Party!

11. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Boom!

See how the fanboys goal is to not allow conversation of what the root cause of the bias against Lucas is. Now if you can simply incite enough arguments while denying the very existence of the thing you fight over than you can get the thread locked and the discussion ends. And thats how the fanboys cover it all up. Thats how they operate. The last thing they want is for people to acknowledge and question the bias. Because they are the preservers of the bias.

Dont let them cover it up now.....

12. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I hope the future of THE Star Wars will be the 6 will never be packaged the next generation movies, Also will people please stop making next generation theads in THE saga forum.

13. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    I'm Ok with that, but I'm afraid that the movies will be promoted as direct sequels, and a part of the same Saga, if only for marketing reasons. I don't like that....

14. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    You wouldn't believe how this news has dredged up all the old hatred and the rabid fanboys have come crawling out of the woodwork to rant the old rants. Funny thing is they can't even decide if this news is good or not. Their hatred for George Lucas is conflicting with their hatred for any new Star Wars. Its almost funny if it weren't so sad.

obi-rob-kenobi4 likes this.
  15. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Let's bring it down a notch, shall we?

16. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Tell me how preferring practical effects that age well to CGI which almost always ages horribly is anti-science? I think a more sensible and practical application of the fx will help the ST blend with the OT. The PT aesthetic is long since played out.

Also, stop trying (impotently) to politicize this with pretty right wing comparisons. It only highlights your anti-intellectualism.

17. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    They do not need to be apart of current saga. The 6 film story is finished. They need to start from scratch.

18. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    Puppets & stop-motion ages even less well then CGI. Its anti-technology to want to revert to old poor forms of technology. Its like saying the new Star Wars should be released on Blu-ray, but only on Betamax.

19. obi-rob-kenobi4

Apr 17, 2007
    One thing is for sure the future of SW has never looked brighter.

We now have:

The ST

The Clone Wars

The 3D re-releases of the OS which lead perfectly into the ST

An Entire Disney Park for Star Wars.

The Old Republic MMO

Licencing mania!

A future Boba Fett movie and beyond....

All fully backed by the biggest most powerful corporation in the entertainment business.

The future of Star Wars couldn't look more exciting =D=;)@};-

20. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    What a load of nonsense. If that were true why does ESB Yoda still look believable and real, yet Jar Jar and AOTC Yoda already look fake (I never thought they looked right, but they just look worse with each day). How is it anti-technology to rightly point out that practical effects at their best will always look better than their CGI equivilants. CGI isn't better just because Lucas says so.

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That's far from factual. In my opinion, CGI and puppets are just two forms of fakeness. One is not more real than the other. It all depends of what type of character you want to show, and what kind of illusion you want to give the audience.

22. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    And how well they're done to begin with. No one seemed to have a problem with TPM puppet Yoda being replaced for the Blu-Rays, but if ESB & ROTJ Yoda had been touched, GL wouldn't have been alive to sell SW & Indy to Disney, & I'd still be washing the stains of his treacherous blood from my own clothes. OT Yoda was a masterpiece. TPM Yoda seemed to be little more than a work in progress, and the little he had to do seemed to reflect that.

By the same token, and putting aside personal feelings regarding such a 'special' character, could something like Jar-Jar have ever been realised with puppetry and/or animatronic masks? Or forget SW, what about Gollum?

The apparent lack of limitations of CGI technology has created its own set of problems, and I'm the first to decry how it has stifled genuine creativity (computer nerds weaned on little more than video games are now performing the tasks of seasoned art directors, set designers, cinematographers, choreographers, stunt people, even actors, etc), but it's ridiculous to think that it can or ever will ever be put aside.

Alexrd likes this.
  23. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    It doesn't! Puppet Yoda looks like a puppet and is unbelievable as anything else but a puppet. CGI Yoda looks like a believable alien. That's like trying to persuade me that Kermit the Frog looks believable but the Na'vi from Avatar don't. And that is what nonsense is!

24. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Yes there would be, WIERDGREENMAN. The point/the purpose of destroying the first death star was to save many more planets from being blown up with it, well, urr, ehh, duh, dudes!!!!!

25. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Yes. Obviously. However, many imperial stormtroopers were drafted. Many of those people were civilians. Many of them were forced to work on the first death star as contractors, against their will, and they'd had just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Can you blame them for trying to escape the first death star when it was exploding????

Miniminal casualties should be striven four!!!!

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.