main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    :D

2. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007
    I would love to see Grand Admiral Thrawn but obviously you can't do that character because the characters are just too old. The Empire would be gone by this time - a new villain is needed.

I have no idea what to do...

3. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Agreed. The Yuuzahn Vong would have been awesome villains for a new trilogy.

Something like them though. Definately an invasion from outside known space.

Powerful fighters who minds are protected from Jedi powers.

Perhaps multiple threats. It would be cool if Thr Ssi-ruvi tried another attack in the middle of a war.

And I'd live it if they'd finally got a Jedi hooked up to an entechment chair and and were ripping out pilots souls in the midst of battle.

The Truce at Bakura is my favourite story outside of the movies and I always thought it a shame that the never used them again.

4. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    That's just the thing, I think Plagueis actually HAS BEEN DEAD during the years that marked the rise of the Chosen One. So I think he will either be resurrected or wake up somehow, and be very pleased to see that both Anakin and Sidious (who was becoming a rival) are dead, allowing him to re-implement the Grand Plan.[/quote]

Just sounds a little conveluted to me and seems a little weak that he's hiding away. It dilutes his power as an adversary- here's the baddie who's not quite as badass as the last two. It might fit in with Georgre's prononcement that a charcter from episode III will be important. Iwould rather they had a stand alone film for Darth Plagueis and I'd love to see that film being made.

5. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Chillax - you don't need to do anything,!!! ;)

6. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    I don't think anybody else has said so I will...

There will be three different villains in each movie

Who is on first, What's on second and I Don't Know is on third!!!

:D

awesomejedi likes this.
  7. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Theon Greyjoy

DarthMateous likes this.
  8. MandaloreTheNerdy

MandaloreTheNerdy Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2009
    They could always go with the force ghost of a past Sith Lord (ie Exar Kun, Darth Bane, Marka Ragnos, Naga Sadow, Freedon Nadd) tainting a young Jedi like in the books that way it will establish characters from the distant past thus opening up opportunities to do films based on the old republic.

Darth kRud and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  9. Shira_French_Cheese

Shira_French_Cheese Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2010
    Waru the Magnificent.

10. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    A woman with skin as white as snow and her 7 Force Sensitive Ewoks

awesomejedi likes this.
  11. cotillion

cotillion Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    Scrooge McDuck, or the Hapans

12. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    We know what happens to the Jedi when they die. They embrace the force and live on in the spiritual realm. But what happens to the Sith?

Maybe their tortured souls just hang around waiting for someone to come along and start using their dark energy once more...

;)

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    [face_rofl] You sir win!

14. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    What about the evil Third Galactic Reich trying to suppress the Star Wars galaxy?

15. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Part of me doesn't want another fallen Jedi turned Sith, since I feel that undermines the story of Anakin and Luke (yay, we destroyed the Sith! Oh wait, no we didn't!)

But another part of me recognizes that every Star Wars film has had a lightsaber duel. That's sort of a mainstay action sequence for the franchise. So I would be VERY surprised if the bad guys aren't Sith/evil Jedi.

Though another part of me fears they are just going to pull a Harry Potter and it's going to be about Palpatine coming back kind of like how Voldemort returned. That maybe some fallen Force user has found some way to bring Palpatine back and Luke has passed on his knowledge to his nephew and a new generation of Jedi to stop it from happening.

[face_sigh]

16. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I must say, thats my hunch.

17. She_took_an_axe

She_took_an_axe Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2002
    A new Sith (or two), and a new political enemy/organization - perhaps working together or with the latter working for the former. Lightsaber duels and space battles are the meat and potatoes of Star Wars....

18. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I have no problem with it being a Sith (or Sith Army) just so long as the story of how they came to be at that point in the universe was a good one.
    I like the Plagus idea, it could be an interesting story. I also like the Dark Luke, though I don't see that happening.

So long as it's not Fett ( I could handle some madalorians, just not Fett) I think I'll be happy.

19. Pake Freeman

Pake Freeman Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    I've seen some posts about a dark jedi type story line....how about Revan? Seems like a popular character who could fill that role

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    GL did use it in a later act. Anakin's desire to acquire his power to cheat death is one of the main reason he turns to the dark side.

I think Palpatine's legacy should be a major factor in the galaxy in these movies. A powerful Force user manipulating the entire galactic goverment and gaining absolute power then instituting a tyrannical regime. Any government that springs out of the Empire's defeat has to be extremely suspicious of any Force user including Luke and Leia. Maybe some ambitious new politician (hopefully not a Force user himself as it would be too similiar to Palpatine) or perhaps a group of politicians use this fear to turn the galaxy against any new Jedi Order returning. Force users are rounded up by the new goverment and indoctrinated to follow their line without question. Luke, Leia and their followers fight against these state-controlled Jedi but are also trying free them from this evil New Order.

Anyway something like that could keep Palpatine relevant to the new movies while not returning him from the dead (which would completely ruin Anakin's sacrifice IMO).

TreborSabreon likes this.
  21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Yeah, Darth Plagueis being the main villain is the only one that would really make sense. It connects all 9 movies into one arc.

Also, who wants to bet that Darth Plagueis kills Luke Skywalker in Episode VII or Episode VIII?

22. Master_Bumpy

Master_Bumpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2001
    My money is on Darth Krayt/a'Sharad Hett. I think they start 100yrs ABY or so, so as not to mess around in the EU. All of the recent comics/novels seem to be pointing in that direction.

23. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't care to see Plagueis. Especially if it gets into a convoluted tale in which he died to avoid being killed by the Chosen One but then resuscitates himself later. The tale of Plagueis was pretty much that arrogance was his downfall (which ends up being true of Anakin and Palpatine too). He was some over confident being that thought he was going to live forever and paid the price for his arrogance and foolishness. I don't think Lucas was setting up for some kind of later appearance or to establish him as being the true master.

And I don't think he's enough to link all the trilogies. He served no purpose aside from providing a story to tempt Anakin into believing he could save Padme with the Dark Side. Beyond that he is never mentioned again in any of the films and is given no larger purpose than that.

Sidious also mentions that he Plagueis taught him everything that Plagueis knew. So it would be just as likely for Sidious to have cheated death and return (though I hope that's not the case either).

One thing that the prequels did not do is establish why the Sith and Jedi hate each other or how that conflict was started. In TPM all we learn is that the Sith are believed to have been extinct, they are evil lightsaber wielding individuals, and that they want revenge on the Jedi for being defeated. But beyond that there isn't any kind of explanation as to their history and how they relate to one another.

If the Sith are to return in the sequel trilogy, I hope it's a new character and that we get to see how the split occurs, and how Luke is unable to prevent it.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    What's the point of the Chosen One and Anakin's whole story arc if they just bring in a whole new Sith baddie a few decades or so after his death. I think they should create a whole new set of bad guys. But keep Palpatine's legacy relevant as I said.

DARTHSHAME and TaradosGon like this.
  25. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Thank you :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.