main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi, Oct 31, 2012.

1. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    Definitely (and I think that's pretty much a given):
    * the droids
    * Luke Skywalker as the head of the Jedi Academy (actually I wouldn't mind some Harry Potter-like Jedi Academy story on scenic Yavin IV)
    * Leia... somewhere in the background
    * The Millennium Falcon, at least in a cameo

As icing on the cake:
    * Lando and Lobot
    * Ackbar
    * an Ewok piloting an X-Wing
    * ...and Hiram Drayson of course; but even I daren't hope for that...

2. Master_Bumpy

Master_Bumpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2001
    A few thoughts....
    First, we can forget anything GL said about EU cannon. He now has as much input as I do.

Second, Chewie was killed off in the EU because he didn't speak basic, and was tough to write for, making him the ideal candidate when they decided to axe someone. That said, he sells action figures, and DOES serve a purpose in future films.

Third, Chewie is a little over 200, and Wookiees live 1200+ years. Admittedly, it'd be tough to explain Chewie without Han, if the story starts back up within Han's lifespan. Go further into the future, and Chewie honoring his life debt to Han's kids or grandkids is plausable.

Finally, it would seem that the recent novels/comics are pointing us towards a future where Luke's Grand kids and Great grandkids are fighting a new Sith order led by a'Sharad Hett /Darth Krayt. The story referenced many long ago discarded Lucas ideas, like Had Abbadon. I'm betting that this convergence is not coincidental.

3. bigtukker

bigtukker Jedi Master star 2

Sep 22, 2012
    None, I want a complete new story with new characters where Darth Vader, Han Solo and Yoda are historical or legendary characters from a far past

solojones likes this.
  4. JediMJS

JediMJS Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I really don't get why everyone is so pumped up on entirely original characters. What makes Star Wars so special is that we have an intimacy with the characters that is unparalleled with any series of its kind. I would not mind seeing the Big 3 recast if it is done well. I would love to see an exciting unknown actress play Mara Jade. I would love to see the Big 3 have children, though I don't think it is necessary that they are Jaina, Jacen, Anakin, Ben...

5. Rodimus1980

Rodimus1980 Jedi Knight

Nov 1, 2009
    I don't know how that would make sense. Obi-Wan has already appeared as a Force Ghost and it was as a old man. Anakin was changed by George Lucas so there's that. I may not agree with it but it's there none the less. So having Obi-Wan's Ghost appear about 30-40yrs younger would be too distracting from the film.

6. Traidon

Traidon Jedi Padawan

Nov 1, 2012
    Lurked on this forum since its inception. Wondering what people's thoughts are on the possibility of Ahsoka being in Episode VII. Granted the show isn't over and it could (most likely will) be an impossibility for her to even be alive at this point (if indeed they do plan to chronologically follow Episode VI). Anyway, lots of people like the character (my wife loves her) and it would be interesting to speculate on her in the new film. Perhaps revenge for the death of her old master, or she could be a hermit on an uncharted world. Lots of places to go with this. Sorry if I've created a thread that someone else has already begun about this topic.

Is it 2015 yet?

InterestingLurker likes this.
  7. KodaVonnor

KodaVonnor Jedi Knight

Jul 10, 2006
    Chuck Norris as Kyle Katarn.

/duck

(he still alive, btw? .. haven't read EU in a while)

(kyle, not chuck I mean)

8. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    She would have to be in carbonite to stay alive this long I think, maybe she is buried underneath obi wans homestead haha

9. JediMJS

Oct 31, 2012
    I know very little about Clone Wars as I haven't kept up with it, but aren;t we to assume that Ahsoka was 66'd?

10. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Im not an Ashoka fan at all. I find her highly unnecessary - besides for a feeble attempt to lure in girl fans...

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  11. clone3131

Feb 11, 2004

I assumed that as I watched and hoped the finale for that show brings her death so I can celebrate.

But, she could go into hiding....

12. JediMJS

Oct 31, 2012
    I agree. I'm a female, and the amount of "girl power!" around her character insults me

TreborSabreon likes this.
  13. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'd hope not. There are plenty of Star Wars fans, particularly the older ones, that do not watch TCW. If she pops up in the Sequel Trilogy, it's pretty much just going to assume you know who she is, and it will have to address what she was doing the entire Galactic Civil War, and would have to spend time re-introducing her for the large segment of the audience that doesn't know who she is. That would be redundant for the people that do know who she is.

14. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Three words:
    Ah, hell no!!!

15. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Nothing against Snipes but I hope not.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

16. clone3131

Feb 11, 2004

That was my take too. Its almost insulting. I think a Lucas love story is more believable than her...

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    How about Leia as Supreme Chancellor, hmm?

V-2 likes this.
  18. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    no thanks. Ahsoka should stay around before ANH. her fate is tied together with the one of the chosen one. That should be noticed.

I think the new Movie will be about the new Jedi order and Luke to try to install a better system than the old one. Maybe many conflicts about the Jedi and where the new order should go. I think the Force is something that needs to be understood from the Force sensitives. And Luke will achieve that. The new trilogie will make us to understand what was in Lucas mind when he begun Star Wars.

Maybe Yuuzhan Vong Wars will be a background to this journey but the focus will be on spiritual Questions. A quest for Luke Skywalker.

I think Mark Hamil deserves this.

19. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    If Ashley Eckstein is cast as Ahsoka, I'm okay with her showing up.

appleseed likes this.
  20. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    "when I am gone the last of the Jedi will you be, oh except Ahsoka, getting too old she is to stop the emperor, hmm yes"

TychoCorde and DM99 like this.
  21. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I seriously doubt it, and while I haven't really watched the Clone Wars, so I don't know her character all that well, I hope not.

If they are looking for strong female characters that already exist in the SW universe, there are quite a few in the books they can pull from and not have to pull up someone who it would take a huge dose of creative continuity stretching (via the movies, not including anything else) to include.

22. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    Dark Side Ahsoka as the new Sith threat? (God no!)

23. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    I love the majority hate the idea

I wuv you all

24. DarthDragon164

DarthDragon164 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Completely unnecessary and silly. We get enough of her in TCW. They certainly need a strong female character, but they have Jaina to use or someone completely new.

25. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Who is jaina? Somebody like that does not exist for Disney/Lucasfilm Empire. They anounced to completely wipe away the EU. I even doubt that Mara Jade will ever exist. Luke must stand alone as the main Hero/Character and move on his journey to find answers for the last question, WHAT IS THE FORCE, who made it.

A lovestory would disturb that. Mara must be wiped away with the disney cheque book, unfortunatly.

Spazmatron and appleseed like this.