main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Ashoka is one of those 'Walk out of the Theatre' things for me.

clone3131 likes this.
  2. WhinyLuke

WhinyLuke Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2012
    Damn I thought I was a Star Wars fan but I have NO IDEA who that is

3. Hermi_Odle

Hermi_Odle Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 18, 2011
    Oh, of course, I forgot to mention - Ackbar. Would love to see what happened to ol' fish-head. And I'd love to see Mon Calamari on-screen.

4. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    She's from the Clone Wars. She is Anakin's padawan.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

5. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I love the character, and her place in the franchise. It really just depends on what Dave and George have in mind for the end of TCW. I can't see a path to her being in the ST that doesn't reek of EU.

6. Traidon

Traidon Jedi Padawan

Nov 1, 2012
    Love the hate on here! Especially all of the EU characters that apparently are needed for a strong female character. Personally no desire to see Ahsoka in the movie either, my wife brought it up and wondered what others thought of it. What I truly hope we don't see is a single mention of any of the horrific EU stuff.

"when I am gone the last of the Jedi will you be, oh except Ahsoka, getting too old she is to stop the emperor, hmm yes" - coming from the character that couldn't notice Palpatine had him hood-winked for the better part of two decades. Jedi Master indeed.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    She isn't gonna make it past TCW, it's pretty obvious, she will play a large role that will have Anakin get closer to the dark side

8. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I would not say no to some kind of smuggler-scoundrel ewok (think Tarfang from the EU) :p.

9. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Luke. Other than that they can invent whole new ones as far as I'm concerned.

10. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Filoni and Lucas should write her out and let her fate to the EU. She should survive Order66 and run away from the empire and the treason of the republic senate against the jedi. She is no threat for Darth Sidious and Vader.

Vader can kill her later in the LAS or EU. NO PLACE for ahsoka in the new movies. those are after ROTJ

11. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I love Ahsoka as well. I find it a bit silly to hate her because of her "girl power" when she's a young female lead in a cartoon show. Particularly when she matures after the timeskip and turns out pretty badass - and (spoilers)just look at how amazing her dark side form is!(/spoilers) But no, she shouldn't be in ep 7.

Darth_Pevra and StampidHD280pro like this.
  12. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Vima Da Boda

That being said, I don't know what the point of Ahsoka as an old woman would be.

13. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I don't think you can include anything from the CLone Wars cartoon. Not a lot of older fans watch it and you would be alienating that demo.

JediMJS likes this.
  14. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    I don't have the special edition where Vima da boda is in [face_thinking]

was she in the blu-ray edition?

LawJedi likes this.
  15. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Much of that demo is going to be "alienated" by any and all story or visual reference to the Prequels. They're going to have to learn to take their medicine.

16. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I wanna see new versions of Boss Nas & Jar Jar, but it would be really cool to see Jar Jar as an exile senator turn smuggler.

17. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    As much as I love Ahsoka, no. I don't think she's going to be alive at the end of Clone Wars anyway.

18. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    How so? I'm in my mid-30's and include myself in the alienated portion. I'm not indifferent towards the prequels at all.

19. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Very interesting, that might be a great idea. SW does need some new blood, glad Lucas is giving other artist a chace to work.

20. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    No thanks, Ahsoka is one of things I don't really like about The Clone Wars

21. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    If the new trilogy follows the previous ones, it is going to be set in the lifetime of at least one character from the Original Trilogy.

This would most likely be Luke, but I hope the story brings them all back.

There is evidence that Lucas had planned the third trilogy to be about an older Luke.

Including Chewbacca.

And since the Star Wars Saga is the story of the Skywalker Family it should include their children.

Han and Leia should have kids. Don't know about Luke.

Maybe he is the uncle, but never had a kid himself.

For my speculations I have chosen to disregard the EU. I discuss this in other threads.

However, it is a guarantee that Threepio and Artoo will return.

22. Scapinelli

Scapinelli Jedi Master

May 26, 2005
    Qui-Gon, Obi-wan and Yoda as Force Ghosts, maybe talking with Luke. Since the scene in ROTS between Qui-Gon and Yoda was cut, it would be nice to have a small scene explaining the meaning of "becoming one with the Force".

23. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Noooooo I mean Ewan could play OLD Obi Wan. They could grey Ewan's hair, get him to look as much like Alec Guiness as possible...and it makes complete sense to have him be Obi Wan again seen as he did such an amazing job in the prequels

24. JediMJS

JediMJS Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    If Ahsoka makes it past the Clone Wars, it will be even more apparent that LFL is babying its audience. If they let her live, it will only be because they think that kids can't handle death.

25. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Allow me to state this as simply as I can...

NO.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.