main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remeral Vhett

Remeral Vhett Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    The villain of X-Wing: Rogue Squadron- Ysanne "Iceheart" Isard- is the ideal step away from Force-using bad guys.

JainaSoloYJK and Force Smuggler like this.
  2. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    KHAN!!!!! Wait, wrong forum.

3. MandaloreTheNerdy

MandaloreTheNerdy Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2009
    You do realize there are Sith after Vader/Palpatine, right?

4. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    The Hutts should be the main badguys of the new next generation of movies. We only really got to see jabba in the first group of films.

5. MandaloreTheNerdy

Mar 15, 2009
    Darth Caedus and Lumiya would make good villains and the time frame would be right.

6. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    In the books. But you have to go by the assumption that the books are thrown out and the movies are the only cannon because Episode VII is an 'original story' mapped out by Lucas. If that is the case then the Sith died with Palpitine and Vader and a new threat will have to come about.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. jfw1271

jfw1271 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    At this point there have only been unofficial leaks that the movies won't be the Thrawn Trilogy.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=96569
    In order to tie it into the other movies they'll have to keep in step with Skywalker family Line. Some family feud stuff? Darth Caedus? Have the solo kids be the main characters with some fresh new characters as well?

8. MandaloreTheNerdy

Mar 15, 2009
    Ever heard of a holocron? The Sith teachings and ways can never die unless all knowledge of them is wiped from the galaxy.

9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Thinking about it, I'm not even sure Luke would be celebrated as a hero after ROTJ. He's Vader's son. That's not something that was common knowledge. Leia didn't even know until right before Luke went off to turn himself over to the Imperials to confront Vader. Would anybody really care that Vader was redeemed?

The Sith and Jedi were responsible for the Clone Wars through which Palpatine, a Sith, gained power and turned the Republic into an Empire. And who is to be celebrated as the heroes that won the Battle of Endor and defeated the Empire? Wedge and Lando took out the Death Star, Ackbar led the Rebel Navy against the Super Star Destroyer and took it out. Vader and the Emperor were aboard the Death Star when it blew (as far as anyone knows). Luke was... well he ran off and turned himself over to the Imperials. Then he redeemed his father who killed the Emperor, though there aren't any witnesses to that.

If Luke comes forward and says he's a Jedi looking to rebuild the Order and that he is the son of one of the most evil individuals in recent history, I don't think he's going to be applauded. Leia and Han are close friends that trust him, but as the senate gets rebuilt, I would think it reasonable for many of the senators to think "oh hell no" when it comes to rebuilding the Jedi Order or trusting Luke when he keeps running off to play Jedi with Yoda who didn't help out the rebels, or how Luke was AWOL when the Battle of Endor happened. And would Vader killing the Emperor be enough to redeem him in the eyes of the masses? I wouldn't think so.

So rather than having Luke re-build the Jedi Order on Coruscant and have everything be hunky-dory, I could see it more a matter of him re-building the Jedi Order more in exile on some far off planet away from the political center because the New Republic doesn't really trust him or the Jedi. And then when the villains enter the picture (whether they be Sith or something completely new), I could see it being more a matter of Luke and his new Jedi Order wanting to step in and save the day but having them get blocked by the New Republic that doesn't trust them and doesn't want them involved, and then in the end the Republic ends up paying for keeping Luke sidelined and not trusting him. So that Luke and the new heroes will pretty much be acting selflessly and fighting a war to protect a Republic that really doesn't trust them.

Whomever the bad guy(s) is/are, they have to be something really special. Generally in movies like this, the threat has to increase as you move forward from movie to movie. You can't start with the Rebels toppling the Galaxy spanning evil Empire only to have the next trilogy focus on the miscellaneous adventures of the Jedi as they fight pirates and bounty hunters. There has to be a new villain that ups the stakes and threatens the entire Republic again. Possibly some new threat that the heroes did not know about invades, or the Sith come back (though I'm not hoping for this).

The Republic could be getting owned by a new threat while the Jedi have to deal with the fact that the New Republic does not want them involved, and it could be a tale about Luke passing away and how his new Jedi Order rebuilds their trust and saves the Republic from destruction.

No idea. But I definitely could see them playing the mistrust angle. A lot of bad things happened in the PT and OT that the Jedi and Sith were at the center of, which might affect where they fit in the New Republic during the time of the ST (and I don't think it would be for the better).

10. David_Skywalker01

Nov 30, 2006
    Yes but the ideas for the films are from Lucas, in Lucas's universe the Sith are gone after RtoJ.

11. MandaloreTheNerdy

Mar 15, 2009
    Holocrons are a major part of the Star Wars universe I seriously doubt they will just write them off. also the Sith play a role in nearly every story and comic past and present. Why have Jedi if there is no Sith. without darkness there can be no light.

12. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Anybody with force ability has the potential to become a Sith if they start using their powers to do bad things though, don't they? So just because Palpy and Vader died doesn't mean the Sith can't be revived at any point I wouldn't have thought.

MandaloreTheNerdy likes this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Because it would defeat the purpose of Anakin and his sacrifice if the Sith just pop up again. The prophecy is fulfilled and the Sith are gone. But perhaps we can learn now what bringing balance to the Force really means as well as bringing in new fresh villains for our heroes to fight!

David_Skywalker01 likes this.
  14. David_Skywalker01

Nov 30, 2006
    QFT! Exactly!

15. MandaloreTheNerdy

Mar 15, 2009
    Dude if you have Jedi the potential to have Sith is always there. And the prophecy of the Chosen One was to restore balance to the force not destroy the Sith forever. If there is only good and no bad in the force how is that in anyway balanced?

16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    The prophecy is never fully explained in the movies so we can't know its entire meaning yet (although Obi-Wan does say "it was said you would destroy the Sith not join them!") Of course the writers could find a way to bring the Sith back but what I'm saying is that they shouldn't. Let the Sith stay dead or Anakin's sacrifice means nothing. I'm not saying there can't be evil doers but be creative with it.

17. MandaloreTheNerdy

Mar 15, 2009
    I wouldn't hold your breath on that.

18. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    TCW *kind of* touched upon the Chosen One prophecy, though many did not like that arc. In it Anakin is said to be the Chosen One because he can keep the Dark Side and Light Side in balance. The Dark Side is always there, it isn't destroyed or anything like that. And it is built up so that ONLY Anakin (the Chosen One) can restore the balance. With Anakin dead, the Chosen One is gone, the Dark Side remains, and any future Jedi could still succumb to the temptation of the Dark Side.

So I don't think there's anything that says that the Sith cannot return. But personally, it's not a matter of what is and isn't possible so much as it is that I just think having the Sith come back doesn't really work thematically and that it's just repetitive.

Though if the Chosen One is the only one that can restore balance and his time has come and gone, I don't know who would deal with the Sith if the Force goes out of balance again. Unless the "Chosen One" prophecy is not referring to any one specific individual, but rather just some chosen hero that emerges when the Force is out of balance, in which case there could be a Chosen One that emerges in each era that wipes out the Sith. But then I just think that establishes a predictable cycle and eliminates the tension if a Chosen One always emerges to wipe out the Sith.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    One can always hope for good writers!

20. dyous87

dyous87 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2006
    I've had a theory for some time about who would be the villain if George Lucas were to ever make an Episode VII. I feel like the story line of Darth Plagueis was kept wide open in Revenge of the Sith and it would not be far fetched to have him return as the main villain in the ST. It was alluded in the PT that Darth Plagueis may have been responsible for the birth of Anakin Skywalker.

In Episode I Shmi Skywalker tells Qui Gon that she never knew how Anakin was conceived. Later on the in trilogy we see Darth Sidious telling Anakin the story of Darth Plagueis the wise and how he had learned to use to force to create life.

Darth Plagueis was such a powerful Sith lord and had such a control of the force that maybe when Sidious killed him he was able to somehow grasp onto his spirit just as Qui Gon later learned how to do.

Plagueis is also inherintly tied to the Skywalker family since he created them. I bet in the ST Plagueis' spirit will "possess" one of the Skywalker or Solo kids and little by little create a new Sith Lord out of them. Maybe this happened years before Episode VII to one of the Skywalkers or Solos who was thought to be dead. They could re-emerge in Episode VII as a Dark Lord of the Sith when Master Luke discovers a disturbance in the force. Maybe in Episode VIII his or her identity could be revealed similar to Darth Vader's identify being revealed in Episode V.

We also have to keep the prophecy in mind. Anakin Skywalker was supposed to bring balance to the force by killing Sidious and destroying the Sith but maybe balance was not brought. Maybe in order for balance to truly be brought to the force Anakin's spirit will have to engage in an epic battle with the spirit of Plagueis and destroy it.

Just a thought...what do you all think?

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  21. MandaloreTheNerdy

Mar 15, 2009
    Honestly I think using a force ghost possibly of Darth Plagueis (since they want to be original with EP VII) to turn a new young jedi to the darkside and thus creating the new villain from scratch would be cool.

22. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Palpatine say he killed Plagueis in his sleep?

23. MandaloreTheNerdy

Mar 15, 2009
    Yeah but if he like QuiGon found a way to become a force ghost then he could still play the villain in a yoda type role.

24. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    you guys are all forgetting about the baddest dude in the galaxy.

zuckuss.

25. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I'd probably still say that Darth Sidious is more likely to be the main villain than Darth Plagueis or some out of the blue new Sith. We never see Sidious actually die. We see him fall down a shaft and a burst of dark side energy comes out but nothing in the movie says that he disintegrated or hit something solid. Lucas tossed in the idea of cheating death and while he never shared the secret with Vader, it doesn't mean Sidious didn't have an ace up his sleeve.

Now does that mean the duel in EP7 would be with Sidious? No. He can turn someone like a Skywalker or make a new physical weapon. He doesn't even have to appear until Episode 8 or 9 again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.