main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    This thread is so extra

2. Embermore

Embermore Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    Ill watch it till the end no matter what but pandering would make me super mad

3. Carlist CB Fett

Carlist CB Fett Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
    The same way that the original 20th Century FOX music and imagery was used before showing the Lucasfilm screen is the way in which Disney will use their "Magic Kingdom and fireworks" screen. This will happen with Marvel movies soon also. The Paramount image will no longer be shown before the red Marvel "comic book flipping" logo.

4. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    This is the same boring tirade all over again.

I wish people would just stop ragging on Lucas because he - I don't even know what he is supposed to have done that is so bad.

Someday someone is going to have to explain to me this "awful thing" that Lucas has done - because I've never encounter anyone anywhere on the Internet who can. Every fan I've met in person loves them.

The complaining had been done.

But this isn't even the issue here.

This thread is about walking out of a movie theatre during a screening of a movie that has no script, no writer, no directors, no cast and no crew.

Is there anything more pointless, negative or just sheer bad mindedness.

Bowen, kainee, FRAGWAGON and 2 others like this.
  5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    High levels of gamma radiation.

kainee and V-2 like this.
  6. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    I'd walk out if I was surrounded by gassy people

kainee likes this.
  7. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Any kind of kiddie humor or cuteness. Star Wars isn't kiddie nor cute. That means you gungans, and you ewoks, and yes you too, 3PO (Episode II).

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You leave Killjoy alone! He is allowed to have his pre-recorded opinion... as insipid as it may be.

Bowen, SithStarSlayer, kainee and 4 others like this.
  9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    C-3PO in the arena was so dumb. At least R2 in ROTS was funny

10. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    What would get me so mad that I would walk out of Episode VII? People eating popcorn or any sort of crunching, chewing or unnecessary noise. I don't go to the movies to listen to people grazing.

And childish humour. lol

11. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012

I think my response explains the popularity of this thread. I'd be interested to hear your explanation.

12. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    A film directed by Tim Burton staring Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham-Carter, and music by Danny Elfman.

kainee, Qual and StampidHD280pro like this.
  13. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    :D

14. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    No it doesn't - I think you'll find that the majority of responses to your thread lean towards the humourous.

And who do I contact for technical assistance?

I'm getting two to three alerts for some things and none for others!!!

15. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    If you go check out Comms, you can read up on what technical issues we're still trying to resolve (namely the alerts).

16. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    While i
    While it may be true that you and many of your friends may gang up and attack me personally for holding an opinion that you disagree with, it still stands that this thread, (which I did not create,) is one of the most popular threads in this forum, and you have not offered a reason that counters my theory.

Han Shot First likes this.
  17. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    First of all no one is ganging up on anyone.

Second the "your" is a mistake. I'm answering these during ad breaks. So I wasn't paying attention. I meant no offence.

And I did counter your theory already. Most responses are intended as humourous.

Popularity in forums is judged by the number of post that people reply with, is it not?

So a popular thread doesn't mean it is getting respect or being taken seriously.

In fact I'd say that you and I are the only ones to do so, Kikroy.

Even the Op hasn't been by lately. I think.

18. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    I didn't quote you there, Kilroy, because it has got ridiculously long and I'm only on a phone.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I was 14 when The Phantom Menace was released and my parents took me to see it on opening weekend. Now I get to take my own kids to see brand new Star Wars films and I feel so lucky to be able to share with them this wonderful galaxy that George Lucas has created for us! So nothing will make me walk out of the theater (especially not GrandPa Jar Jar since I love Jar Jar!)

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Correct. I merely post in this thread to ridicule those who are upset by a film that hasn't even been scripted, yet. And, I am not alone in my crusade...

This counts as another post. This topic sure is popular.

kainee likes this.
  21. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    You are probably correct. lol

22. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    I tried that tactic with "AIR FORCE ONE". It didn't work. I could only stay out of the theater so long, due to my relatives still being inside.

23. Darth Shibs

Darth Shibs Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I thought that "I'm scrap" in AOTC was hilarious, just not so much the "this is such a drag", etc. I think that line was intentionally obnoxious to give it a cheesy innocent matinee feel. People today are more about 'being cool' so heaven forbid if not all jokes and content are 'bad ass', etc. I like to be considered an ultimate fanboy, but a fan to me is someone that is a fan of something for what it is, not what I want it to be. If there's a band whose music currently you don't like, then either don't listen to it or make your own frickin' songs and shut up. Good luck with that if you don't have the skill set. I didn't want a story of a 9 year old either, but showing the innocence of the time (like America in the 1950's) and tendency of society to be influenced or changed by evils and going downhill (like we are now in 2012) was necessary to show what led to Vader's moral demise. It's the typical life mistakes and redemption of man. I found TPM to be off to a slow start but maybe it's just that audiences today need visual stimuli non stop every breathing moment? Some of the best movies in history are considered to be 'boring, slow' by today's audiences. I'm gonna take it for what it is, and with all open mindedness. If I still don't like it, I won't watch it again.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    If I have to urgently use the toilet and cannot hold it in, I will possibly leave the theatre...

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  25. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    If they clone Anakin Skywalker, I'm out... and it won't be a pretty exit.

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.