main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Hopefully luke learned the lesson of the PT Jedi order, and will train all his students to be Gray-Jedi.

2. Obi_Wan_Fardawg

Obi_Wan_Fardawg Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2007
    I think it would be interesting if the antagonist (or at least one of them) was a Jedi who believes that the Jedi Order should be integral in ruling the New Republic, and continue with the strictness of the Old Jedi Order - if not be even more strict - believing that the Order became lax and allowed the Senate to fall to the Dark Side by staying in the background. Luke opposes this and believes that the Jedi should be less strict about things such as forbidding marriage and not training older Jedi (believing that taking children from their families was a horrible mistake, while the antagonist believes all Force sensitive children should be taken, regardless of what the parents want) as these distracted them and allowed them to be fooled by the Dark Side. Luke believes the Jedi should concentrate on training in the Force rather than on ruling the Galaxy as another bureaucracy - acting only as protectors of the Republic rather than rulers. He believes they should be more like the original Jedi that he has been studying: they were far less structured and monastic and were more about exploring the limits of the Force, and confronting and understanding their own dark side - ala the cave - rather than suppressing and hiding from it. Part of the plot would be Luke's continual absence from the Republic as he is seeking out knowledge of the original Jedi. This leaves him out of the loop as things heat up.
    These two philosophies cause a rift and two Jedi Orders are created. The antagonist then (sincerely) claims that the other Order is practicing the Dark Side (believing Luke has turned in his quest for knowledge) and is a danger to the New Republic. The antagonist believes it is his duty to keep the Sith from rising and regrettably puts out a bounty on his former master and friend. This leads to Luke's Order having to flee from the legally recognized Jedi Order. The New Republic understandably fears another Sith coming into existence (it is revealed to them that Vader was Luke's father as part of gaining their support) and largely supports the antagonist (with the exception of Leia, of course). Luke now finds himself a Rebel yet again.

3. jfw1271

jfw1271 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    We have to have something that doesn't seem repetitive (ie- just another Sith trying to take over the Galaxy and the Jedi have to stop him/her) but also not entirely foreign (ie- not a force user). The Force is a major part of SW and so the elements of the universe need to stay the same, but the motivation and storyline need to change (while still having some fun similarities to the rest of the storyline. The idea of a rifted Jedi Order could work and But we will need a clearly defined, iconic villain, and most likely they will need to have some tie to the Skywalker family line (either in the family line or the have a personal vendetta against it. With our current cultural climate, the idea of a female protagonist is a very good possibility (especially if Disney has any influence) so Maybe Jaina Solo Takes to one side of the Rifted Jedi Order and Jacen to the other side?

4. dyous87

dyous87 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2006
    I do not think this movie or trilogy will just have some new threat unrelated to the Sith or Vader/ Palpatine. Remember this is Episode VII and as such has to be a continuation of the same saga. This trilogy needs to complete the circle of the chosen one/ Skywalker family's tragedy and redemption. This is why I believe the ghost of Plagueis + a fallen Skywalker or Solo would be feasible and probable.

Plagueis basically created the Skywalker line as we know it. As such they are tied together. The tragedy of the Skywalker family is tied to Plagueis' existance whether in body or spirit. Until he is destroyed the Skywalker family is not yet redeemed and the prophecy not really fulfilled. This is how balance must truly be brought to the force...

5. MandaloreTheNerdy

MandaloreTheNerdy Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2009
    sidious clones

6. jfw1271

jfw1271 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    I think this has potential- however, despite Plagueis' ties to the skywalker line, Sidious is just more iconic and I think it's more realistic to see his ghost be the background antagonist. Maybe it's not even revealed that he's there until Ep. VIII

7. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    Could you correct the name of this thread to read "WHO'S the baddie?" or "WHO IS the baddie". thanks :-D

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It needs to be the Sith and Empire combination, for me. Breakaway factions or the sort, or the Tribe (if what has happened in Apocalypse was pre-prep for Episode 7)?

9. dyous87

Oct 5, 2006
    I think you have a good point and while I agree with you on one hand I also think the EU over did Sidious coming back with clones etc. I also think the the story of Plagueis was left open in Episode III and as someone previously stated on this thread I think Plagueis is a big gun that was revealed with lots of potential. The idea of Plagueis creating Anakin has also been left open without any real answers. I think this would tie the PT with the ST.

10. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Well as far as I can see the Empire is still not destroyed. Palps and Vader were killed along with the Death Star but the Empire was sprawled across the entire Galaxy. My guess is that the Empire still exists and that they have a new leader.

11. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    A rifted order would be a good one, but I doubt that'd be the Episode VII plot... more likely hinted at then actually done. There will be some sort of festering or flashpoint crisis though to kickoff the whole trilogy though. Hmm... what about a new Mandalore as a baddie, a warrior princess of the New Mandalorian stripe as a love interest, and Ben Skywalker as the main protagonist?

12. LWSwann

LWSwann Jedi Padawan

Nov 1, 2012
    I would like to avoid Sith Lords. I think a Jedi academy theme could work well with an underachieving pupil whom turns bitter. I wouldn't want anyone to make Darth Vader become redundant, perhaps this pupil has an obsession with Vader as an idol - As people do with Hitler in the real world (Neo-Nazism).

13. Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    The initial baddies will be new to the series and will serve to introduce the next major bad guy who will start as a talented Padawan of Luke (possible of Solo/Skywalker decent) who is tempted by the dark side. Episodes 7-9 will chronicle his/her fall to the dark side as he wipes out the newly introduced threat to the new republic only to fall out of grace him/herself. Episode 9 will end with the death of Luke and the rise of another (unlikely) student of the force (possible sibling of the new bad guy who always looked up to the fallen one) who will try to bring the baddie back to the light side of the force much like the Luke/Vader story. Episode 10-12 will chronicle the story of the good sibling vs the bad sibling. Perhaps a split in the ranks of the Jedi as they take sides?

14. Angel Eyes

Nov 1, 2012
    The initial baddies will be new to the series and will serve to introduce the next major bad guy who will start as a talented Padawan of Luke (possible of Solo/Skywalker decent) who is tempted by the dark side. Episodes 7-9 will chronicle his/her fall to the dark side as he wipes out the newly introduced threat to the new republic only to fall out of grace him/herself. Episode 9 will end with the death of Luke and the rise of another (unlikely) student of the force (possible sibling of the new bad guy who always looked up to the fallen one) who will try to bring the baddie back to the light side of the force much like the Luke/Vader story. Episode 10-12 will chronicle the story of the good sibling vs the bad sibling. Perhaps a split in the ranks of the Jedi as they take sides?

15. DARTH_DEEZY

DARTH_DEEZY Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 4, 2011
    but Darth Plagueis is dead BEFORE episode 1 ends

DarthMateous likes this.
  16. Angel Eyes

Nov 1, 2012
    Ack! Double post. Sorry. Much to learn I still Have.

17. dyous87

Oct 5, 2006
    Darth Plagueis was such a powerful Sith lord and had such a control of the force that maybe when Sidious killed him he was able to somehow grasp onto his spirit just as Qui Gon later learned how to do.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Plagueis coming back would work pretty well, and tie into the PT and OT... Being as we've had Sidious come back already :p

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  19. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I'd be okay with Plageuis but I really think the bad guy being Mandalore would be epic!

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  20. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    No way! Keep the thread title the same. It's more likely to become part of the 7SA lexicon and mythology if it stays the same. :)

Force Smuggler likes this.
  21. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Palpatine said that, but it's not entirely the case. Plagueis fell asleep on the couch (which is highly suspicious to begin with) while Sidious was rehearsing his acceptance speech. When Sidious started unleashing lightning on him, Plagueis woke up and was about to retaliate, but instead, he just sat there and took it. Sidious wasn't sure why Plagueis was letting himself die, he just assumed Plagueis had too much faith in his powers over life and death. Now, I'm beginning to think Plagueis knew EXACTLY what he was doing. The Plagueis novel that details all this was delayed for about four years for unknown reasons. Hmmm....

22. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    They brought Darth Maul back (which I have enjoyed despite my initial reservations), so anyone is fair game for resurrection I'd say

23. DARTH_DEEZY

DARTH_DEEZY Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 4, 2011
    while I agree seeing Plagueis on screen would be good...it would be too much of a stretch for him to lay low for SIX movies only to reappear in Episode 7....more than likely there will be some new unnamed red saber wielding enemy to deal with...

24. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    He may not have been lying low, he might actually have been dead this whole time, but set up some way to return once the Chosen One and Sidious were gone. I think Plagueis was definitely capable of pulling something like that off.

25. Athiest_knight

Athiest_knight Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Well in the Lord of the Rings...it was an Eye that return and the ring's power. So maybe Palp's eye and whoever has his lightsaber will be consumed...lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.