main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    A senile old Ackbar, shouting "IT'S A TRAP!" while jumping round corners to scare his grandkids.

Seriously though, like most other people I want to see the big three but in a supporting role. Luke could possibly be running a new Jedi training facility like he is in the Jedi Knight games. I'm sure if he is back, then Ewan will be back to do force ghost Obi Wan to offer him the usual guidance. Han being killed off is also a good idea, I can just imagine a scene like that, it would be very powerful. Plus it would let Ford off from coming back ever again :p I'm not sure he would be willing to come back even for just the first one.

Fett would be great, the droids are a given. If Han comes back, then surely Chewie will also. Not bloody CGI Chewie this time, I hope.

I think they need to be careful though. You don't want to just start throwing in crowd pleasers everywhere or it will get silly. Those characters had their times in the OT and PT. Qui Gon for example, it wouldn't make much sense him appearing, unless he was with Obi Wan I guess.

2. Rodimus1980

Rodimus1980 Jedi Knight

Nov 1, 2009
    The dialog between Force Ghost Anakin and Luke would be so much more powerful then Force Ghost Yoda or Obi-Wan. Either let it be Anakin or I would be open to the possibility of it being all three. Though I doubt anyone would be willing to have Ewan dress up as old Obi-Wan. It seems disrespectful to Alec Guinness.

3. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    I didn't like her at first but she grew on me. For her to appear in VII-IX, she would need to be presumed KIA at the end of Clone Wars and frozen in Carbonite. I like the idea but at the same time it's really a bit too convoluted.

I don't want to see Mara Jade or the Solo/Skywalker kids or any such EU silliness either. They're gonna either need a new hero or go with Old Man Luke. I think Luke will work best as an Obi-Wan figure, however.

Darth Sone and Spazmatron like this.
  4. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    How is it disrespectful? Alec isn't here to play the part, and only Ewan could do him justice. He did a great job in the prequels. If anything it would be a tribute to Guinness.

And I'd be dubious about the effect of dialogue between Anakin and Luke if Hayden Christenson is playing him...

5. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    And that's assuming that Asoka survives the end of the series or Order 66.

6. Jack-Jedi

Jack-Jedi Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    The return of my greatest hero: Luke Skywalker as a Jedi master,

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  7. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    As much as I like Ashoka, that's impossible, she is most likely to be dead. And i just don't think that would work. But if she is in it, i wouldn't mind!

8. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Since Episode VII is presumbably happening 30 years or so after ROTJ, wouldn't she be like 80?

9. JediMJS

JediMJS Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    We don't know that. I think since Anakin looked so old and deformed in ROTJ people forget that it's only ~23 years after ROTS-- Anakin, Padme, everyone would presumably still be alive if everything didn't happen the way it did. Ahsoka could very well be alive, scientifically speaking.

But god I hope not.

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I doubt it, but stranger things have happened.

11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Ahsoka, no, but maybe her and Anakin's Force daughter.

12. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Well, good ol' Wookiepedia says she was born 36 BBY, and if we take Ep VII forward about 30 years, say 36 ABY for symmetry, that'd make her 72 - and probably looking worse for wear.

13. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Who says that Togruta age the same as humans. Perhaps she has a really long life span and being 80 is just like hitting 25 for humans. The age issue can be easily handled, imo.

Darth Sone likes this.
  14. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    The Son of Darklighter.

15. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    The original characters as torch-passers and cameos only. All new characters only after that.

Yay for disregarding the entire Post-ROTJ EU in one fell swoop!

16. YODA the all powerful

YODA the all powerful Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Agreed (and good to see you BBYD!)

My exception would be the droids. I always felt that they served as narrator or at least chorus for the story.

17. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
  18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Oh sweet Force I hope not. Please let her be killed in TCW, or at least disappear before Order 66 to never be heard from again. And by never, I mean never... not even much later on, like in Episode 7 (I still can't believe we're talking about Episode 7 as a real, confirmed thing now).

19. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    So much Ahsoka everywhere.

20. AquaVitae

AquaVitae Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 17, 2008
    I doubt it, she's going to have to meet her maker somewhere along the line before Ep 3. Figure it'll be a death that's going to nudge him closer to the Dark Side

21. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Ashoka could be fine as long as she gets put into storage I suppose. Maybe have Palps capture her for one of his Force Experiments.

22. Barth

Barth Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2002

There is but one true canon. G-canon is the one true canon, imho.

El_Machete12 likes this.
  23. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    She won't be in it, I'd bet my milk money on it.

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Chewbacca not being dead would be a mild issue for me, I must say.

25. Mehmeh

Mehmeh Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't mind her character, though I feel she has been shoe horned into the original storyline to the point of facepalm. I thought a decent idea would be to have her go off on a solo emergency mission to look into a distress call from Outbound Flight (last mission of Jedi Trials) ....miss Op66 and kinda disappear into the EU. Leave her open to fan fiction and occasional EU books but keep her out of any future movies. That may make her fans happy enough.