main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will the new trilogy be about the skywalkers?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I also want to see new heroes! But I have no problem with them being Skywalkers.;)

Anyway, it's funny how the Saga basically came back to its roots: originally it was the Adventures of Luke Skywalker, then the Tragedy of Darth Vader, now: the Skywalker Saga. Since Jedi are not supposed to be married, the new Skywalkers should be Leia's kids... or Anakin's distant nephews from the planet Aquilae.

Skywalkers rule.

2. mourning dewback

mourning dewback Jedi Master

May 30, 1999
    I am guessing Luke is an Uncle and mentor to kid or kids born to Leia, and the story flows from there with a new cast. You gotta have Luke and Leia though. It's a great opportunity.

black_saber likes this.
  3. Remeral Vhett

Remeral Vhett Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    Well, since the original trilogy stars Luke, and the prequel stars Anakin, I am led to believe that the third trilogy will feature Luke's child, or at the very least a direct descendant (i.e. grandchild, great-grandchild, etc.) Hopefully, it'll be Ben from the EU. I also want the Solo children to be included, and have the Big Three as background characters- not featured but still important to the story line like they are in the Legacy of the Force and Fate of the Jedi series.

4. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    If it's about any Skywalker, it'll be Ben not Luke. Luke's story is pretty much done. I expect he'll be in it, but may die in the first one thus severing all ties to the original cast.

5. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    And if it's Ben and Luke dies... wow, I mean that'd be an awesomely heartbreaking moment since well... it's his dad and his Obi-Wan at the same time. Ouch.

6. Darth_Oracle

Darth_Oracle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    Couldn't agree more!

black_saber and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    If it will have nothing to do with the Skywalker family, then it wouldn't be called Episode VII. This trilogy is clearly the "Sequel Trilogy" to the OT. I expect at least Luke and Leia to show up. The Droids are also a no-brainer.

8. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Aw, man...all this talk of death...I have a feeling some movie in the new trilogy is going to make me cry...:(

9. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    From what I can gather, this will be interesting, especially because I would think it will have Han and Leia's kids. Plural meaning twins, so that way you have one good and one who gets jealous and turns to a hidden and yet announced sith lord.

10. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Bring me my pretty Skywalker family. That is all.

11. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    I thought the logical choice would be about the Solo family with their 3 kids.

12. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Is it about wars in space?? Good god, redundant...

13. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    To me, the best, most logical choice of character to serve as the protagonist in these next films, while maintaining thematic continuity with I-VI, is Luke's son.

Like most things, it depends upon one's point-of-view, I suppose.

14. BountyHunter76

BountyHunter76 Jedi Master

Nov 2, 2012
    ^^
    I agree. For the overall arc across the three trilogies, Luke's son would be my choice as well. Grandpa fell to the Dark Side. Dad stayed good. You carry both genes... what will you do?

There is so much you could work with internally with a concept every viewer can relate to: good vs. evil and the choices you make.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  15. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Just make sure they are not making out and kissing on the lips!!!!!

16. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    My money is on a Solo kid. The name Solo is well known and it connects very well to the OT (better than a Luke kid would because Luke had no love interest besides Leia).

17. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    I'm thinking Skywalkers or Binks...

Serioulsy - I think it will be about the Skywalkers.... The entire ST.... I just hope they don't repeat themes....

18. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    Will the new trilogy be about the skywalkers?

[​IMG]

TreborSabreon and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  19. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    It´s not significant, but I would kinda wish that after Ep´s III and VI´s titles ended by the words "Sith" and "Jedi" respectively, EpIX should end by "Skywalker" by the way.

20. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    May not be a Skywalker as such, but I reckon it'll certainly be the Skywalker bloodline