main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfw1271

jfw1271 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    I think it's clear that Plagueis and Sidious had different motives. Sidious has been the primary enemy throughout the films. I understand the coolness factor of bringing Plagueis back, but I don't think that would really tie the movies together as well as Sidious being the Atagonist (or the influence of sidious on another person more likely). Plagueis coming back would be neat for fans and they would be like "OMG there he is!" But it would just seperate the plotline from what's been happening for 6 movies. Sidious wants revenge. He wants his power back. And a new member of the skywalker/solo family line is the perfect way to do it...

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I could see that. One of the Force Unleashed plots, which was discarded, was about Starkiller hunting down Plagueis.

3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Plagueis could serve as a Nadd like villain, but not as the antagonist role. His time is over.

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'd like to see that most!

5. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Daala?

6. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I prefer the villain to be around the same age as the protagonist or 10-20 years older, "old, ancient evil" is lame and boring.

7. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I could see 2 scenerios without bringing anyone back:

1. A darkside monster emerges, having apparently found Palpatine's holocrones, he trained himself tobecome a threat to Luke's order. At the same time, Luke's main student starts to fall under the monster's influence. At the end of 8 or beginning of 9, it is revealed that the student was the darkside master all along, manipulating Luke in a plan to destroy the Jedi from within for Palpatine's final act of revenge.

2. A mysterious being appears and quickly forms an army. Luke then starts to have halucinations and starts to lose his grip on his emotions. The being is finally revealed to be a droid, originally created by the Trade Federation, he sat in hiding for decades and subtly built his own new droid army. This droid can also manipulate electronics, and was affecting Luke through his mechanical hand.

awesomejedi likes this.
  8. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well besides the Vong. Maybe the Rakata. The SIth are most likely to get the nod. Plageius cheating death is not that absurd with some sort of amulet or the like.

Still its not going to be some rogue bounty hunter no one is going to believe they have what it takes to challenge the order alone. So Fett and his Mandos can play there part.

9. Eddie

Eddie Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2001
    Darth maul?
    Sidious' spirit - that blue effect when he dies could have been a sign.
    Perhaps Ashoka leaves the Jedi order on bad terms and returns as the villan in the new trilogy, this idea would fit with Gary kurtz's comments about Luke's sister originally coming from another side of the galaxy.

10. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    I'm surprised people seem openly receptive to the idea of a reincarnated Plagueis/Sidious.

JainaSoloYJK and fishtailsam like this.
  11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    So much for this board not being a parade of stupid like 3SA.

Ender_Sai likes this.
  12. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    I'm not really particular about who the antagonist is...but there must be at least a couple of lightsaber duels.
    It's not a SW movie w/o lightsaber duels. [face_not_talking]

13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm sure they'll just go with fisticuffs.

14. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I agree that unlike the prequels, there should be a consistent villain driving the story through three films. The challenge is in creating someone who can engage in lightsaber duels while also bringing something new to the table. A clone or offspring of Palpatine just seems tired. The new movies need a new energy and need to be injected with a dynamic and iconic villain. I don't know who that is--just stating the obvious.
    As secondary villains--I think there should definitely be imperial warlords and rogue stormtrooper armies. Depending on how long after ROTJ takes place, certain systems in the galaxy should still have allegiance to military leaders.

15. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    If Anakins spirit has to go Hades and do battle with the devil and truely bring balance, then it would finally explain why Lucas changed Hayden for Shaw at the end of ROTJ. ;)

16. Cyrax86

Cyrax86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2009
    I'd rather take something in the vein of the trio of Darth Sion/Darth Nihilus/Darth Traya instead of the Sidious/Plaguelis thing...

17. A Tool

A Tool Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd be cool with a Thrawn like character, whit a force user minion to actually battle our hero. Kind of like TTT.... :p

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  18. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Honestly, Thrawn doesn't really bring a new element to the table: we've seen ruthless Imperials before in Tarkin and brilliant masterminds in Sidious.

19. A Tool

Sep 2, 2012
    The fact that he'd have no Force powers, and still be a major threat is fresh to the movies.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  20. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    No Thrawn.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  21. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Luke. He has too much of his father in him.

22. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    It's hard to top Tarkin as a non Force using threat. Dude killed planets.

23. dyous87

dyous87 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2006
    This is what I'm thinking should happen. That would be truly epic.

24. A Tool

Sep 2, 2012
    He was only in one movie, and I'm talking a guy who is better than Luke. Thus leaving it up to our new hero! :D

25. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Or a debate. If TPM taught us anything, aside from the fact this giddy level of joyous speculation can only lead to massive let-down, it's that politics is fun in Star Wars!

fishtailsam likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.