main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Appreciation - We're all talking about Star Wars again!

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DarthKreVass, Nov 1, 2012.

1. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001

Ditto that.

I only saw ROTJ in the theater -- but that didn't mean I didn't know what I was getting into before then. Any time ANH or ESB was on TV/Cable -- I would watch it. When BetaMax came out -- my cousins had a player and the first movie their dad bought, ESB! We watched it all the time. They also had the ESB Atari game -- which I sucked at. LOL After ROTJ left the theaters, the "talking" wasn't as frequent...but it wasn't completely non-existant.

1991 when Heir to the Empire came out...my love and excitement of Star Wars was renewed. I was in college and was reading the new books every chance I got -- and made new friends because of those books & shared love of Star Wars.

Then in 1997 when the Special Editions were released in the theaters and it was more than I could ever have hoped for!! All day at the movie theater watching movies I loved with hundreds of other fans? Oh my God -- I had never imagined such a thing!!

Things quieted down a bit and then whispers about new movies started and yet another up surge in my enthusiasm for Star Wars. The years of the Prequels were great fun and I met a lot of new people who shared my love of the Galaxy Far, Far Away.

Since ROTS...I've been laid off, moved out and gotten married. I may not hang out with those Star Wars friends any more but my love for Star Wars is not diminished in the least.

I'll be a fan until the day that I die.

kevmp likes this.
  2. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Right? My students are on cloud nine because I don't have time to assign them any homework. I've posted more here, in the past two days, than I have on message boards combined in the past few months!

3. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I love all of the speculation! I just wish that the prequel bashing would stop, but I understand the reasoning behind it.

4. GeneralCeel

GeneralCeel Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 4, 2005
    I spend most of my time at my own forums, which celebrated their 13th birthday today. What a great present to get word of new star wars movies just as we turned 13. When it comes to Star Wars film discussion my own forums ( http://thegungancouncil.yuku.com/ ) could never equal the quality of what goes on here when we get firing on all cylinders… which is why I log back in to these forums at such times like this.

I became an internet regular around 1997. In 98/99 I started hanging out at the Star Wars vs. Titanic page and its forums (aka Sw-fans.net), and by November 99 had my own forums set up. I’ve been in the thick of Star Wars discussion on message boards ever since. Never got away from it… but its been a long time since I’ve felt that rush of anticipation we had between 1998 and 2005. What great years. By all indications we would never get the chance to feel that way about Star Wars again…. Sure we always held out hope... but seriously it seemed like a fools hope. What a great surprise this is.

5. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    There has been a great deal of energy, excitement, and enthusiasm infused into the Star Wars universe for the first time in a long, long time. I felt it in the force as soon as I read the announcement of the sale of Lucasfilm and forthcoming sequel trilogy.

6. wookieepotpie

wookieepotpie Jedi Master star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    It's probably unhealthy how happy this news has made me.

7. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I'm really excited at the prospect that we are actually going to get the Sequel Trilogy and that we are actually posting on the ST Board.

8. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Revive Star Wars in the public conciousness!

9. Sith_Bounty-Hunter

Sith_Bounty-Hunter Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    so happy to be posting here again, its been way too long!!

10. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Hell yeah I was gone for near 8 years and it feels like I never left:cool:

11. Varactyl

Varactyl Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2012
    This is the biggest fandom shock ever. It's as if Tolkien returned from the dead and announced he was writing a sequel to Lord of the Rings. I never expected it but man am I excited for it! (Once I got over the "Disney owns Star Wars?" shock.)

12. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    At least each prequel movie was better than the one before it. I tell myself that each time I sit down to go through them all.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I have gone from thinking this was a joke, to being really apprehensive about Disney owning it, to being really excited because hey--it's new Star Wars. The fandom that I've been part of for 35 years isn't going to die with TCW series (which, love it or hate it, can't continue forever). We've got new material to discuss for another decade at least.

Last time I was this excited? When the SEs came out. I was watching TV in the living room of the tiny duplex where I lived at the time and saw a Star Destroyer going across the screen with "For those who remember, for those who will never forget, and for those who are experiencing it for the very first time...on the big screen!". I looked at my husband and said, "Holy. ****."

Varactyl likes this.
  14. gizmodeus

gizmodeus Jedi Padawan

Sep 5, 2012
    me not be this happy since when

15. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    This buzz is making me happy, on a pre episode 3 scale

16. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    [​IMG]

17. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Eh, I quite enjoyed the post saga quiet.

thesevegetables likes this.
  18. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    https://www.ashoka.org/

You mean AHsoka, right? Not the social innovation organization? ;)

19. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    OP Amen, to that!

Don't get me wrong I love SW in its other forms as well, video games, some EU and now catching-up on Clone Wars, but nothing drives a fan's interest like more movies; more Episodes in the greatest fictional saga and myth in world history. Now, having an endless supply of movies means that Star Wars fans will be satisfied for the rest of our lives.

DarthKreVass likes this.