main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What colour lightsaber will the main Jedi use?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by George Roper, Nov 1, 2012.

1. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    It had better not be blue or green. That's been done waaaay too many times. I'd like to see something fresh. I'm thinking silver.

List your top choice.

RAZORBLADE likes this.
  2. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Purple, of course! :cool:

3. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I've always been a fan of orange.

fistofan1 and Summer Dreamer like this.
  4. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Tangerine!

5. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
  6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Favorite Color: Orange

Lucas color scheme: Blue and Green for good guys, bad guys get red.

But Lucas is now acting as a consultant. It really depends on whether they stick with Lucas' color scheme or if they go with the multitude of colors from the EU.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Lucas already went against his own claim when he did purple for Mace Windu, so I guess anyone can have whatever colour they want.

I would say that darker colours should be reserved for the bad guys and brighter for the heroes.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Not sure what color the main character should have but there should be a diversity of colors in the ST

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  9. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    I think we may see some variation but I expect to see Blue/Green/Red as the main ones.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. TheVortex3

TheVortex3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2012
    Yellow or Black.

AquaVitae likes this.
  11. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    Well Lucas broke his scheme with Mace. I'd like to see orange or yellow.

12. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Yellow
    Orange
    Silver
    Pink
    Gold

I wonder if they could pull off a Black blade....

13. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Already been done.

Sith_Knight087 and Spazmatron like this.
  14. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Mace's purple blade was a favor to Samuel L. Jackson that did not extend to any of the other hundred+ Jedi that were seen in AOTC or in TCW.

The only other "deviation" in lightsaber color I've seen is Ashoka's shoto which is an off-green color (yellow-green), in contrast to her true green saber.

I think bad guys should be left solely with red (though I actually didn't mind purple for some Sith/Dark Jedi in the KOTOR games). Those colors just immediately inspire a sense of evil/authority, while a color like blue seems to carry a more benevolent feeling. Though I wouldn't mind seeing an extension of the lightsaber palette to colors like yellow, orange, and purple (beyond Mace's). I think there should be a limit though. I don't want to see every color under the sun (and their different shades and tints).

15. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    definitely brown.

George Roper and WIERD_GREEN_MAN like this.
  16. HardCore

HardCore Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    Would love to see White:)

Spazmatron likes this.
  17. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    I love silver/white-ish blades, but don't think they should be used by Jedi, because they make Imperial Knights unique.
    Go yellow!

18. Pimpsy

Pimpsy Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    rainbow.

V-2 and Spazmatron like this.
  19. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    If lightsaber colors in the Old Republic were all blue/green/red, there'd be no logical reason why New Republic Jedi would have different colors. I don't think Disney will deviate from the old series that much. Otherwise it doesn't bode well for everything else in the series

20. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Lucas may not have cared much for allowing the EU to dictate what he did with the movies. But Lucas is taking a step back.

Star Wars was Lucas' to do with as he pleased. Now as others step in to manage the franchise, they might have a greater sense of respect in not believing they are entitled to do whatever they want since they didn't create it. I'm thinking of Gene Roddenberry and how he seemed to become somewhat of a control freak over Star Trek, and was dictating what is and what is not canon according to the whims of what he liked and what he was responsible for. But then once he died and others stepped in, everything that was on screen became equally canon. There wasn't one person acting on a whim out of a sense of entitlement since he created it.

I mean even hearing Bob Iger mention the thousands of characters on however many planets spanning 20,000 years and how it offers infinite inspiration just seemed like a respectful nod via geek factoid to how much the Star Wars universe has grown. And while Lucas created the universe, when it comes to the sum of all of its content and all of that 20,000 year history and what not, he's only directly responsible for a sliver of it.

Lucas wanted red, green, blue. The EU did its own thing and does have ways of reconciling the differences as being due to the source of the crystals (e.g. yellow crystals on Dantooine) or synthetic crystals. I mean Mace all of a sudden having a purple lightsaber after 4 films that had nothing but blue and green (for the Jedi) really wasn't that huge of a deal. And the average fan doesn't seem to care that he's the only one with a purple blade. If Episode VII rolls out and there's a yellow lightsaber, I really don't think in the long run that it would be that big of a deal.

21. TheMasterOfSoresu

TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2011
    Blue probably.

I don't have a preference.

22. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah. In Clone Wars. It looked cool too...

23. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    It depends on the particular Jedi.
    If (I do mean IF) TPTB use Jaina Solo in these films, she uses a Purple Blade.

Nothing wrong with Green and Blue, those are the traditional Jedi blade colors, nothing wrong with unconventional colors either. For me this isn't a huge issue to focus on, but to each their own. Just as long as you stay consistent.

darth_mccartney likes this.
  24. Antlers

Antlers Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    I would love to see a blade that shimmers between two colors, like expensive fabric. Perhaps colors that change with the angle or light.

Vespasian likes this.
  25. A Tool

A Tool Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Silver! Silver!