main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Boba Fett

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by bluesaber70, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I would like to see Boba in Ep. 7.

2. AquaVitae

AquaVitae Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 17, 2008
    I'm torn. I love the character, but not sure if we really need to see him. I wouldn't be upset if it was an essential part of the plot instead of forced cameo.

Chief Chirpa of Endor likes this.
  3. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    And please someone tell someone that we don't need Boba to "mug" the camera again. We get it....

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Boba could be in it, depending on how far ahead the movie is set.

But if the Live Action TV Show plans are still on at some point and the supposed Boba spin-off movie, he shouldn't also be in Eps 7-9.

Even excluding EU, Boba will be alive for 1000 years and as a walking arsenal is more than capable of blasting his way out of the Sarlaac

5. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't really like Boba, but wouldn't mind seeing him in VII. I'd love to see Bossk back, though!

6. Womprataouille1974

Womprataouille1974 Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    Didn't you say that about the Death Star in another forum? You could probably argue the "unnecessary" with a more substantiated argument, but I do not believe that any true Star Wars fan would see Fett's inclusion as "undesirable".

7. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Guess there are a lot of people who aren't true fans here, then.

LawJedi likes this.
  8. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I enjoyed Boba in the OT and even the EU. I think the thing that ruined him, for me at least, was his backstory in AotC. That just kind of took away the mystery for me and I lost a lot of interest. At least he didn't show up again in RotS. I honestly have no clue how I would feel about him in Episode 7.

Julius Vernon likes this.
  9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, he didn't really do very much in the movies he was in so you can see why some would have little interest in seeing him again.

Boba Fett's awesomeness is almost entirely a product of the EU, which the new movies probably won't take that seriously in terms of how they do things.

10. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    No Boba Fett... but how about Mandalore as a location?

11. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Fett is dead.

When he stays dead, I'm going to laugh, and laugh hard, at all the crazy Fett fans who cling to those awful fanfics he appears in as his death gets another stamp of canon. He was a bit part that had a death befitting a bit part.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'd say reveal that Boba Fett had a daughter and that she's out for revenge.

13. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I enjoyed Boba in the OT and even the EU. I think the thing that ruined him, for me at least, was his backstory in AotC. That just kind of took away the mystery for me and I lost a lot of interest. At least he didn't show up again in RotS. I honestly have no clue how I would feel about him in Episode 7.

14. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    From my POV, a huge problem with the prequels was the near obsessive tendency to explain every bit character and provide backstory for everything. The sequels would be wise to focus on the stories and what advances/serves the narrative. Fett started off as a interesting costume and a cool action figure. As far as I'm concerned, he should have been left as is. Sequels should begin anew.

15. DarthBlanco

DarthBlanco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    What about an ageing, down-on-his-luck Boba Fett? Recruited for one last chance to do a big hit by some wannabe bounty hunter. Think Unforgiven but in Mos Eisley Cantina.

(Wannabe) "You dont much look like the meanest bounty hunter in the galaxy. I heard you killed Jedi for fun, were in business with the Hutt and even escaped from that Sarlacc pit out there in the desert."

(Boba Fett) "I aint like that no more."

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  16. Lord_Shame

Lord_Shame Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2008
    That would be the worst and most unlikely way to begin a Star Wars movie. Ugh.

That comment aside, I think it is likely that Boba Fett will show up in the ST, played by Temuera Morrison. I've been looking back to the Clone Wars for what to expect in Episode VII, and I'm thinking the Mandalorians will show up in one form or another, since I believe it was George who dictated what their culture would be like in the animated show. He seems to have put some thought into not just Mandalore and the Mandalorians, but Boba's character as well.

17. TheMasterOfSoresu

TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2011
    Providing a backstory isn't a problem. Providing a backstory which ruins the element of the original is however.

But I agree that some back-story of certain characters is better left untold; it adds to the mystery that is Star Wars

18. DarthBlanco

DarthBlanco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    No way!! It would would be great.

19. bluesaber70

bluesaber70 Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2007
    Totally agree. Lucas left no wiggle room.

20. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    I never quite understood the fascination with Mr. Boba, but at the same time I am on a rather neutral side regarding his character.
    But regardless of that, being slowly digested by the Sarlacc was an appropriate way to end his bounty-hunting career. If by some miracle he gets out, that diminishes the threat of the Sarlacc.
    It is like with Darh Maul, where he survives being cut in half and falling in a bottomless pit, then gets a pair of cybernetic spider legs. For me it just doesn't work very well as a concept.
    Pressing the "reset" button for a character like that is just wrong.

Perhaps he was a popular character. But so was Obi-Wan and he's dead. So was Yoda and he's dead. So was Darth Vader and he's dead (unless they...:oops: ...clone him that is...)
    Usually when a character dies, he should stay dead, otherwise it makes death seem more like an inconvenience rather than a serious problem.

But if we really do need the bounty-hunter role to be filled, we can always (re)introduce Mr. IG-88 assassin droid.

21. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    And that he's dead.

22. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    Move along, nothing to see here

23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Depends on presentation. DE Boba wa sa joke. The Fett as lead character comics were done rather well just going by the few I read. It is my undersatnding that Fett became and anti hero rather than the evil thug bounty hunter that he was in the OT.

If I could have rewritten the EU I would not have had Fett himself live past the Sarlaac Pit(though I love the Unleashed Figure) and instead might have had some scavenger wannabe just go collect the tech(Like some group in the EU does with the Death Star remains).

Anyway, I could do without. If they never even mention Fett I'll be ok with it. If they bring him back in, well, just make me like it.

24. BobbySharp

BobbySharp Jedi Padawan

Nov 2, 2012
    Boba Fett died when he fell into the Sarlaac. I'm a big fan of the character, but he died. The End.

25. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I'd even take just a "Bossk on a segway" easter egg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.