main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Episode 7 spin offs

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    At this point a third Death Star would be overkill.

2. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Boba Fett film all the way.

3. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I think the Death Star should just remain what it is, space dust.

kainee and TreborSabreon like this.
  4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    This. Absolutely this. The character has been shown to be wildy popular out of all proprtion to his screen time and the Mandalorian culture from which he hails is probably even more popular still.

Oh, and speaking personally, I loves me some Boba Fett, so I'd dig it to no end, I'm sure.

5. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Do you want to see the Stormtroopers back?

6. TheMasterOfSoresu

TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2011
    I say: why not?

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Yes. Yes I do

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Didn't they all get eaten? They were what Ewok Catering served at the celebration.

JainaSoloYJK and WIERD_GREEN_MAN like this.
  9. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    If we can make them super badass, like the clonetroopers, then I say hell, yes.

10. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    If it's post OT, certainly they will be present.
    I hope they can actually shoot.

11. TheVortex3

TheVortex3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2012
    Yeah it would be nice if there were some Stormtroopers in episode 7.

12. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    Yes, variations included. But I don't really want to see them all customized like in TCW and ROTS, unless it serves the story (like rough former-Trooper groups who have customized their armor). I liked that all of them were factory white in the OT, and that should continue if the Empire is a force in the sequel.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  13. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Depends on when the ST takes place, what was Lucas' vision of the post-RotJ EU, did it include an Imperial Remnant?

14. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Let's go a step further - I'd like a somewhat important character to be a stormtrooper. A badass one. Maybe been in hiding since the collapse of the empire. Maybe he's a one man army with a mission of revenge, like Kir Kanos.

15. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Maybe the Empire will spring for LASIK surgery for all of them this time around. And something other than paper mache armor wouldn't be a bad idea either.

kainee and WIERD_GREEN_MAN like this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That's a wonderful idea

17. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Its hard to say were Lucas might have taken Star Wars had he made Eps.VII-IX instead of Eps.I-III. All we know for sure is that the overarching plot for the ST was adapted and compressed into Ep.VI.

Episode Swag likes this.
  18. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    It should be one of the central issues in episode 7. What to do with the clone army.

19. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    How about when Luke revives the Jedi someone pushes the order 66 button again? :p
    KIDDING! Nah, no Stormtroopers. Come up with an original soldier.

20. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I said yes but if the empire is not involved then we probably don't see them and see some new kind of disposable enemy.

21. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    There needs to be continuity, at least in VII

22. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    I love stormtroopers, but I can't really see the Empire or what's left of it being in the films which will need to be set quite some time after RotJ if any of the old actors are back. Flashbacks maybe? I always wanted to see the Liberation of Coruscant on film. Some kind of flashback to that battle complete with stormtroopers would be pretty badass!

Or perhaps stormtroopers are even soldiers for the New Republic now?

23. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    Before some of you throw up your arms, I'm not talking about Palpatine reborn or any specifics of the story. I'm talking about in general as a story arc for the characters involved.

If Episode VII is indeed set around 30+ years after ROTJ, then the story will likely focus on the next generation of heroes with Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, etc. in the background as supporting characters.

There are really only 2 choices for the threat in the next movies - something new or something old.

I think most of us agree that even under new leadership, the Empire is not just going to say "oh no Palpatine's dead, oh well it was a good run". In the OT we see a lot of officers in the Empire actually firmly believe in what they are doing. In Dark Empire, the Empire strikes back in a huge, merciless way. In a lot of ways it's the doctrines of the Empire (and the Dark Side) completely unrestrained and unstoppable. Lucas himself said that it was the closest to his idea of a sequel trilogy.

In the story, Luke almost becomes what he fought against to defeat his enemy (like Ulic Qel-Droma in TOTJ). If the unbridled wrath of those defeated by the OT heroes were to come back, it would be a perfect test for the new generation instead, really challenging what they have been told is right by the OT generation. On the other hand, if it's a new enemy, it should still be more powerful than the OT Empire in some way in order to be a threat, otherwise it won't live up to expectations. It has to be more threatening - look at how Blackbeard fell flat for most people after Davy Jones in the Pirates series. It won't be the Jedi having a pesky pirate problem or having to face filibusters. It has to raise the stakes even more than the Empire did before. Something that they have no obvious way of defeating. Look at Bane in TDKR.

I've seen several ideas thrown around about a new Sith leader or the return of Darth Plagueis, but it doesn't even have to be Sith to be that kind of threat. Maybe it's the Empire badder than ever, maybe its a twisted version of it separate from the remnant. Maybe its something new.

Thoughts? Do you think the Empire, or some form of it, will be the main threat?

kainee likes this.
  24. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    If we see Remnant forces, yes. Otherwise, not really, unless someone can come up with a good reason to have them associated with non-Imperial forces.

25. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    I sort of hope not. The PT is about the fall of the Republic, the OT is about the fall of the Empire. It's a perfect pair. Left and right. I strongly believe there need to be two more trilogies and perhaps they need to lay off the politics in the new trilogies, maybe not. But that's one thing I don't like about the comics. They treat the Empire like some Foot Clan with revolving Shredders. And I don't really agree with that. The Empire were never the Bad Guys, you know? They were just "good citizens" who wanted to preserve law and order, ideally.

But Dark Empire is really my favorite Star Wars comic so far. They got the characters right. And a lot of it ended up echoing the prequels in surprising ways.