main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Episode 7 an original story

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    man I really hope what you are saying is true. I want the new fans to have their own starwars story or myth they can relate to. The brand needs to expand outside of Anakin & Luke.

2. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Gotta say that I'm not really concerned whether or not current EU gets pushed aside.
    I've read most of the novels and enjoyed them, but never really thought about those stories as being important to the overall canon.

I'm actually looking forward to a movie where I truly do not know what will happen (at least in general terms).

At this point I'm fairly convinced that Hamill and Fisher will (at a minimum) have cameos, and (at most) full leading roles in EP7.
    The main reason I believe this is their now legendary lunch meeting with GL in which he informed them of the new Trilogy.
    Why have that meeting, if not to get them involved somehow?

Now, as I've said in other threads, the only thing that would seriously put me off, would be if those main characters were portrayed by new actors.
    I would likely not see the movie if this were the case (no BS). It's fundamental that those actors are linked to those roles.

The speculation and new facts that emerge over the next couple of years will probably be as entertaining as the movie itself.

QsAssistant likes this.
  3. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I had this thought as well. If there's at least no Luke, Han, or Leia it shouldn't have episode anything in the title.
    If they were to continue with 'Episode' in the title it would become crazy after awhile, considering Disney said they want a new movie every two to three years (kind of like the James Bond movies). Can you imagine having "Star Wars Episode 20". Plus what if they want to go back and make an Old Republic movie some day? Would it be Episode 0 or -1?

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  4. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Here is the link from G4 and AOTS:

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/61405/the-daily-feed-with-sara-underwood-110112/

Attack of the Show just reported that sources close to Lucasfilm says that this will be a completely new story. Everything from the movies, books, and comics will be different and unlike anything we've ever seen. So no Luke, Han, Leah. Wonder if the droids will be in it?

No director yet either....

As soon as they post the video for The Feed on G4's website, I'll add a link.

I haven't known Sara Underwood to lie to me yet. Not sure she would start now.

Not sure how I feel about this news...if its true.

5. JediMJS

JediMJS Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I am wondering (maybe I missed something) where this speculation that VII will be set decades or hundreds of years is coming from.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It's just that - speculation. No one knows anything, except, and the exact quote, is that it's "an original story." Will old characters appear? Will everything be completely new? Will the EU be thrown out? Preserved? Nobody knows.

7. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Hopefully this is the case. Nothing against EU fans, but I really don't want to any characters that came from thos books, especially children of Leia & Han.

8. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    So why do some assume new story = no OT characters? :confused:Just wondering...

9. JediMJS

Oct 31, 2012
    I know this has been hashed and rehashed, but I really don't understand the merit in throwing away EVERYTHING EU. It seems like a waste of several decades to me. LFL has always kept an interest in the EU. I know we will not be getting a scene-by-scene adaption of the Thrawn Trilogy, but I think there is plenty that the EU has to offer.

10. JediMJS

Oct 31, 2012
    Because people think that it is a sin to recast Mark and the gang, when it really, really isn't.

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    New characters and 'unlike anything we've ever seen' doesn't necessary mean we won't have a few familiar faces thrown in. To me, it just sounds like they're laying the groundwork for the new set of characters that will appear.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  12. Bender666

Bender666 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  13. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    It has been officially stated that the ST is being treated almost exactly as the "Old Republic" era stuff is. By that I mean it will be set FAR into the future. Far away from the films so they will finally have the true freedom they need in order to not contradict anything in the OS (Original Saga).Nothing 'Official" about this. All it's been stated is it will be an original story.
    The ST will be set decades, maybe hundreds of years in the future of the SW galaxy.Sure. I think we all suspected this. I'm thinking decades at this time.
    Besides 3P0, and R2 NONE of the OS cast members will be in this new trilogy guys. Realize that.I highly doubt this.
    At the very, most Mark could have a small quick cameo appearance in Episode 7 as a force ghost but thats about it.
    Mark coming back in some way nees to be there to connect the trilogy's. I'm still betting on the big 3 as cameos. Han or Luke my die etc to send a new generation off on adventure. Solo children can take the falcon, chewie etc.
    Realistically speaking special "Iconic" characters with long lifespans like Boba Fett, Chewbacca and the Force Ghost of Yoda could have very small parts as the minor, iconic side characters they have always been but thats about it.
    Again, this could be said for the big 3.

14. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    That's about what I'm guessing. People get fired when movies fail (see John Carter). I expect Episode VII to have familiar characters to ensure that tickets get sold.

15. pillowpants

pillowpants Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    If they focus on a storyline outside of the major story arch would it really be an episode 7? It would be like starting a whole new series of episodes?

16. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I'd take the behavior of George Lucas - the man who created SW in the first place - and Kathleen Kennedy - the woman he personally handed the 'SW baton' to - over a currently unsubstantiated claim by the folks at Attack of the Show. I've already mentioned this several times, but in the Youtube video 'The Future of Star Wars' (which you can find by going to the official SW website), he and Kennedy very much talk and behave as if Episodes 7, 8, and 9 are a direct continuation of and expansion on the franchise and story he gave us in Episodes I-VI, and the officially announced numbering scheme for this new trilogy is consistent with their behavior.

Jobertus likes this.
  17. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Your right it isn't. If they can replace Adam West, they can replace Mark Hamill.

18. Bender666

Bender666 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Those new episodes may come later. The media may be confusing the new episodes with the ones George has outlined and will be done first.

19. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    Attack of the Show is claiming that they received their information from a source within Lucasfilm, but, again, I would take the behavior and attitude of Lucas and Kathy Kennedy over an unidentified source any day of the week.

20. pillowpants

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't know about that george lucas changes his mind quite often, drawing conclusions from his behavior is like setting a watch by how often your cat poos

21. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    You can't seriously tell me that you're going to discount the attitude, statements, and behavior of Kathleen Kennedy because of things that Lucas has said in the past. As I've already noted several times, Kennedy's behavior, attitude, and statements very much dovetail with George's in conveying the impression/idea that this new trilogy of films is meant to continue the existing Saga.

22. pillowpants

Nov 1, 2012
    According to lucas less than five years ago there was never going to be an episode seven, but hey he's only creative director now so I guess the age of waffling is at an end. I don't see how attack of the shows information could possibly be accurate however because a project that is completely off the arch is not an episode seven. It would be more like those oh so whimsical ewok adventure movies that are so often swept under the rug like they never happened.

23. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    ^ Things change, dude.

I'd also like to ask you if you've actually watched the video I mentioned. If not, go watch it. Everything about the way Lucas and Kennedy talk and behave in relation to the future of Star Wars gives the impression/idea that they're doing a continuation of George's existing story. They also do talk about further expanding the universe and franchise through film, but the overriding feeling of things is that expanding the immediate story that George gave us with Episodes I-VI is the first thing on the docket.

24. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Lol @ attitude & behavior being repeated over & over as if you say it enough people will belief lol...you not fooling me guy. Not one bit.

25. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    My two cents:

In the Special Features for Episode 1, George was going back to all his old notes for Prequel material. Remember the lava planet debate during Episode 3? Turns out the original idea of how Anakin got into the suit was kept. Now if we look at his quotes from the 80's about possible sequels, they always mention an older Luke. So if he's been overseeing the early story treatments for 7-9 up to this point, why should we think it will be anything different? When was the last time he made a statement about the story of a film that got changed drastically?

Jobertus and syferdiasisalie like this.