main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Episode 7 spin offs

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Oct 31, 2012.

1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Matt Wood is a great choice. Ben Burtt & John Williams should not be involved with this project, time to turn it over to up & coming talent. Its disneys first attemped at a Star Wars film, hire some fresh faces.

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Burtt's name is still going to be on the film anyways, since he created all of these sounds. :p As far as him being in the project, I would like to have him do some stuff, but Wood's good too.

3. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    I would LOVE to see Classic OT Stormy's and then some new cool versions.

4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    This is pretty much how I feel too.

5. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Well, I think Burtt's sounds have been more unique than Williams's music, but as long as we get some new, memorable, alien-sounding noises to associate with Star Wars, I'll be happy. I feel that if you don't love Attack of the Clones, you must not love sound effects. Obviously, the noise is important to me.

6. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
  7. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Obviously we need to trust more in Supershadow.

8. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Yes, but I don't want all of them to be CGI'd in later like the Clone Troopers were.

9. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Good lord I hope not. I was comparing the troop scenes in the PT and OT earlier and the fluidity of real actors is an almost necessity. For the huge scenes or really zoomed out shots its probably alright for them to be CG, and I know that its expensive to build all those suits of armor, but real troopers are just too great. Part of the arguably poor acting in the PT was from the extraordinary use of green screens and cgi making the actors oblivious to what's going on around them... Let's hope a producer picks up on this.

10. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    If they want troopers, just hire the 501st. They already have the armor.

kainee and awesomejedi like this.
  11. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    and Im fine if they evolve the armor. would love a non-cg suit.
    I hated the clone trooper shark fin, I loved the colored troop markings though.

12. ObiWanandonly

ObiWanandonly Jedi Padawan

Sep 23, 2012
    This being a new trilogy, and likely a new enemy (not the Empire) I'd say definitely no stormtroopers. After 30+ years from ROTJ, you'd think they were all destroyed or disbanded. I think the biggest threat to this new trilogy would be redundancy. No stormtroopers, star destroyers, or TIE fighters/X-wings. There is so much potential for creating a fresh new vision for the franchise, I think it would be a disservice to bring back anything but the great storytelling set in this unique universe.

Oh, and I agree the CGI troopers were a big mistake, it would have been much coolor with real actors in real suits, at least for the up-close shots.

13. Norminator

Norminator Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2009
    Yes, or something similar.
    Changing the armor up a bit would be ok, just don't have them be 100% clones. The antagonists needs some oppressive henchmen. Stormtroopers made the Empire a credible force in the original trilogy, even if they didn't know how to shoot a gun.

14. AquaVitae

AquaVitae Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 17, 2008
    Yea, a variation of the OT stormtroopers would be awesome. Guess it depends on who's 'the bad guy(s)' and what army they'll use. Would be nice if the Jedi and stormtroopers would band together to fight a common enemy. Kindaa like the PT..but no Order 66 this time!

15. groovybob

groovybob Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 22, 2004
    Just pondering where new Jedi will come from for a new Jedi order.

presumably Luke will have his life full maintaining balance in the force and not have time to track down promising candidates AND train them.

it would seem easier for him to take on one apprentice at a time!!!????...... Just like his dad and "uncle" Palp.

16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    groovybob i too am betting there will be jedi in this movie. it should be great seeing them do some jedi stuff again.

17. Bender666

Bender666 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    They'll probably find one on an island somewhere who still thinks that the war is ongoing.

18. ShelbySpencer

ShelbySpencer Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2012
    I think this deal was in the works for a long time. Like years even. Then when GL was ready to actually follow through then the deal was finalized. Just my opinion though.

19. tweet75

tweet75 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    like lord of the rings or one at a time?

20. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    No.

fishtailsam likes this.
  21. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    Well, only if you subscribe to the theory that everything happens at once, but in the fourth dimension, like those aliens in Slaughterhouse V

LawJedi likes this.
  22. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    You can't do all 3 scripts & planning within the time frame they are projecting.

23. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    well, no. not if they want to have the first movie out by 2015. what i suspect will happen is this: they've probably already got a rough outline of a story, how they want to film it, and who they want to be involved. they'll spend a year wrangling all that business together. they'll spend a year filming it and dealing with all the issues that come with making a several-hundred million dollar project. it's disney, and considering how they've treated marvel thus far, i'm sure they'll do justice to the star wars legacy. i suspect the first film will be a transcendental hit, loved by critics and casual moviegoers alike.

then, they'll face a choice. there are exactly two options they can take, and i will give examples for both. FIRST: they can follow the route of the matrix and the pirates of the caribbean. both franchises filmed the first movie, and once they were a hit, did the next two back to back. and both had the same outcome. first was great, sequels were rushed and weren't keen on understanding and learning from their predecessors mistakes. sure, you maybe got ian mcshane and ian bliss from the deals. but those are paltry parting gifts compared to what could be.

no, i think what will happen with star wars is exactly what is happening with the avengers movies. they're paying exact and precise attention to the story, character and filmic quality potential of each film. they're going to carefully work their way through the properties. because at this point the moneymaking folk have begun to understand that the most money can be gained by interesting and original takes on genre and convention. the folks in charge of disney are shrewd businessfolk, following -i suppose- in the footsteps of their forefounder.

we'll see episode 7 first. and then, depending on how it is perceived by the public, the people who made that will either be allowed control of the next property, or it will be shifted to a group who not only understands how to fix it, but how to fix it economically.

disney spent four billion (with a b) dollars on this property. they're not going to rush into its next chapter without deciding on its precise value, individually or collectively. we're going to see them take this journey nice and slowly. and in return, we're going to earn a greater reward on our moviegoing investment.

and that's just how it should be.

kainee, tom and fishtailsam like this.
  24. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    If the Jedi and the Republic are in control, I want to see THEM using soldiers in Stormtrooper-like armor. Here me out.

Anyone remember (Senate Commando) Captain Argyus from TCW Season 1? He basically wore blue clonetrooper armor with a Senate Guard style. This design was obviously used to save on creating new character models. Still, I think that design suggests that there is something about that armor that pre-dates the Clone Wars. As if these Senate Commandos were wearing that manufactured armor long before the Clone Army.

I have a hard time imagining any relic of the Empire being the enemy. If anything, it would see that Luke and the gang will have taken back all of the infrastructure of the former Republic (then defeated Empire). Certainly you don't want to torment the Galaxy with squadrons of Imperial Stormtroopers marching everywhere. But if you give the armor a more colorful hue, maybe blue, and maybe give access to their faces, it will end up being a good piece of visual storytelling. Redemption for the Stormtrooper. Also, have some of these Republic troopers be non-human, just to emphasize the diversity.

kainee likes this.
  25. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Well done Jacen.

We can lock up this thread now!!!!!