main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Remember KOTOR2 gave us saber crystals that became light or dark based on the user. They were power crystals rather than color crystals, but the same principle could apply. It's not that far-fetched.

Think of it as an alternative way of getting crystals, rather than the only way.

EU fans panic so easily. Half the time, there are fairly painless fixes. Come on guys, you'd think you'd be used to it.

2. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Annoyance=/= Panic

3. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Heh, if they did split the canon into two, I suppose they could relegate TCW to the new one, and the old CW timeline to the old one. Not that I'm necessarily in favor of the idea, but I could see it.

I loved the whole personal Exile crystal subplot. Kind of disappointed we don't see that thing more often. Granted, I'm not sure I want Ahsoka being the vehicle of that... but if they ever do bring that up in the school, I'm genuinely interested in what gives her a unique color.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Lux Bonteri.

5. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  6. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Could her lightsaber be fueled... by the power of love?

But she has two of them... that has some unfortunate implications.

7. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Fine.

EU fans are very irritable.:cool:

Truth be told, it isn't a bad idea in and of itself, but it doesn't even work with the movies, where the same lightsabers keep the same color regardless of who uses them and where you see characters use sabers of different colors (I believe that Kenobi or Skywalker used a green saber at Geonosis.)

On this note, has anyone else noticed that blasters apparently have GI Joe morality sensors now?

8. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Gee i wonder why when Ventress allowed Obiwan to use one of her RED bladed lightsabers for a short time....that it didn't SUDDENLY become BLUE....because Obiwan is a good guy.....because we all know....only GOOD guys can use blue or green blades. Yes i know that doesn't make sense with Exar Kun wielding a blue blade when he was Sith.....or Anakin in ROTS.....but it seems that star wars is making less and less since these days.

9. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I don't think they mean to imply that lightsabers changed one they're already made, just that the color is determined by the Jedi at assembly.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    But if you give it to Kreia, it can change colors again. They should have gone looking for her and learned the secret of Jedi mood lightsabers.

RC-1991 likes this.
  11. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    But that wouldn't allow them to bitch as much.

12. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Hey, blasters are already mood rings, why not lightsabers?

Seriously, when Maul attacked Hando, I thought it was awfully convenient that Maul's pirates had red blasters and Hando's had blue ones....but then things got really weird when Hando convinced Maul's pirates to defect back and their blaster shots turned blue.

And previews of the Mandolore arc show the same thing - Maul's soldiers have red, the ones working with Obi-Wan have blue, even though they all had yellow blasters in previous episodes.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Well how else would you know who the good guys are? All those aliens look the same!

14. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Didn't we already see this idea of "mood crystals" in Riptide when Jaden Korr got that red lightsaber and after some meditation rituals and Force magic mumbo jumbo, cleansed it of the dark side, after which it went... green I think?

15. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    [​IMG]

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yellow. But yeah, that's essentially what happened.

17. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    *sigh* they can use the Force to adjust subatomic particles to change color and makeup of things.. but they can't turn trash into gold!

besides, earliest EU insistence of Moodpowers was Crystal Star when Solokids used the Force to create Light out of nothing but thin air and altered the atomic particles of their rooms lock mechanism to get out.

same power, different usage ;)

as for Moodblasters.. how about Moodturbolasers on ships? Poor crewmen who run to exchange all turbolaser crystals with the right colors for the upcoming battles... especially during instant defections in the midst of battle :p

18. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    That was actually pretty awesome.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    It's for their own protection. Otherwise, those dribbling, drooling aliens will just get their tongues stuck inside podracer turbines. That's never good for anybody.

Zorrixor likes this.
  20. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I am so now going to be picturing that every time I see a starship battle.

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  21. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Is that why the Death Star laser was green? One of the guys operating it was having second thoughts and defected to the Rebellion? :)

22. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Lord, did that really happen? This is why I don't pay that much attention.

23. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    The Death Star novel had the gunner having second thoughts. :p

24. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    How can they keep saying Star Wars is one story, when TCW is clearly the antithesis of the philosophy? TCW doesn't even work with the films, specifically RotS, to the point Lucas would edit RotS to make the TCW neutral Trade Federation work.

25. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Cool, more background lore. Wonder what the planet will be called?

I love that the symbol of the ancient Sith Empire forms part of that. One of the most subtle and coolest EU-references so far.

So black crystals (or the people who generate them) must be extremely rare, given the Darksaber is like one of two known black-bladed lightsabers.