main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What colour lightsaber will the main Jedi use?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by George Roper, Nov 1, 2012.

1. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I agree that the basic "rules" of the universe will be intact going forward with whatever SW movies come out. However, the explanation of Mace Windu's lightsaber color only clouds the issue when viewed from an "in-unverse" point of view. What made Mace different? What did he have access to that other Jedi did not? Why was his lightsaber unique and incapable of reproduction? I still don't understand that in universe explanation.

I totally get that Sam Jackson is a B*F and that GL acquiesced but what rationale is applied in the movies for the deviation...

2. GargantuanThrillMachine

GargantuanThrillMachine Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    i adamantly proclaim my opinion because i know a lot more about my opinion than all of you

3. DarthCeltic

DarthCeltic Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2010
    To me... I thought I read somewhere once that the red crystal that powered all sith sabres was mined on the siths home planet.. way back when.. but that was EU.. I think that they have a real shot to make it so that the red goes away, and your outlawed to have red... kind of the whole if your caught gardnering the sith you will be classified as one and killed.. Im thinking it could be shown that way..

4. Darth-Jedi-Master

Darth-Jedi-Master Jedi Master star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    It will be rainbow with mickey mouse on the handle.

5. Norminator

Norminator Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2009
    I really don't care.
    Could be pink and I still wouldn't mind.

6. Remeral Vhett

Remeral Vhett Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    The basic blue and green will most likely be used. The reason for the colours was explained in different EU novels- the crystals found in the caves of Ilum (where almost all Jedi went to get the gem for their lightsaber in the Old Republic days) were either blue or green. However, in the NJO and LoTF books, many different colours from silver to bronze to magenta. I would like to see other colours than the basic four, but will the writers want to branch out? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

7. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I always liked the idea that baddies didn't want to take the time to seek out a crystal so they just manufactured one in a lab and sinthesised crystals are just all red.

8. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    According to an upcoming TCW episode,
    the Force decides which colors will used.
    I kid you not.

9. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    Well, not sure if anyone has seen the latest "Gathering" info from TCW, but it appears they are introducing this little nugget of the crystal (starting as a clear color) that they choose changes to a color when the youngling chooses it.

Reference link: http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Preview_TCW_The_Gathering_148686.asp

If that's the case, then I say let the force choose more than blue or green. However, if the color is "selected" when the youngling chooses it, and we have ONLY seen blue, green, and purple up to this point, then why, all of a sudden" would their be other colors.

Also, Ashoka's shorter laser sword is a slightly different color "green" than her longer laser sword. Technically, that's a different color.

Personally, I would LOVE to see more colors, but not too many. Orange, Blue, Green, Purple, Yellow, Silver, and different shades of these colors would be nice.

Silver, Red, Black, Gold and a Dark Blue would be cool for Sith.

Just thoughts mind you.

EDIT: well it appears this has already been referenced.;)

10. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I think (hope) Disney will stay true to the Star Wars brand and not venture from the main three.

11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Blue and/or green.

12. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    turquoise and what the heck, might as well rainbow colour saber!

B

13. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Still blue or green.

14. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Keep it classic, blue or green. Or even have it end with Luke giving his lightsaber to the new hero

15. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The Darksaber

[​IMG]

16. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I want the main character to have a blue blade, and a secondary character to have a black blade. But not a darksaber, because those have flat blades.

17. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    How about, a yellow or purple blade?

18. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Bronze, Silver, Gold [face_dancing]

19. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    And of course your standard Blue, Green, Purple and Red.

20. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Definitely plaid colored. Ewan would approve.

21. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Or maybe even.....a red blade?

Some jedi have been forced to use red blades in the EU because of circumstance (Obiwan in TCW, Kerra Holt in Knight Errant).

But we have never seen a jedi wield a red blade in the Films (Anakin wielding dooku's blade for a few seconds doesn't count). But i think it would be nice to see a jedi use a red blade, to fight a duel, in some future film.

If certain Sith, such as Exar Kun, or Suit less Vader, can break a tradition, why not jedi?

Perhaps the main jedi hero can be forced to wield a red blade, perhaps his main jedi lightsaber was destroyed, so he stole a red blade from a darksider, as his temporary lightsaber.

22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Leia wields a red blade (a present from Luke) in the Corellia trilogy.

23. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    I am aware of that, though i don't know what happened to it in the later EU after the corellia trilogy (maybe she replaced the color of it, with a color that isn't red). I think in the current Legacy Era books, she wield a non-red blade.

EDIT: I was looking it up on the wookipedia, and i think her red blade was destroyed by the Vong, in the NJO, and now she used a blue blade of her own making in the Legacy Era books.

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Yup- she built her own.

25. A'den Skirata

A'den Skirata Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    I'd want to see some more uncommon Lightsaber colors/crystals Gold, Yellow, White, Black, Purple....
    [​IMG]