main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    ...we used to have those. I remember solojones made the Lit Starbucks thread, at least.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    There was also at least one Starbucks-style icon floating around, as I recall...

3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Since the announcement I keep getting multiple alerts anytime I get quoted or liked in a thread. Harps quoted me last night and I got 12 alerts for the same post.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Have you checked your alert preferences to make sure they are shut off?

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    They are on. I haven't ever had a problem until now. :(

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You're not the only one to complain. If it gets to be too much you might want to shut them off temporarily.

7. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Not sure if this has been asked before, but what determines our "Jedi Status" under our username? Is it based on our "trophy points" or post-count?

8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Trophy points.

9. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I hope I'm writing in the right place: I've been away for a while (before all the changes to the site--not sure how recent they are) and was hoping I could get this "Jedi Youngling" title removed from beneath my avatar. I joined the site in 03. Thanks for any help. Appreciate it.

10. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    It will go away after a while. You have 11k posts...trust me...it will go away :p

The title is related to post count, not time on the boards. Thus I'm a 'Grand Master' even though I've only been here since '09. Its just that when you first post on the new boards, everyone has that title, other than mods.

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    The title is related to trophy points, of which many, but by no means all, are related to post count.

12. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Really? I thought it was post count since that goes up quicker. Okay then, disregard my post :p

13. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Thanks for the help. I'm not a consistent poster so it will probably be there for awhile. I won't get into my confusion about what a trophy point is. All for the best. Thanks.

14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    You'll know when they hit - server's lollygagging because of the load so they haven't shown up yet. But they'll hit.

They always hit. [face_devil]

15. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    You can run, but you can't hide from them. [face_devil]

16. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Ramza - have you had anyone in the RPF come to you with problems making posts in there and tagging users with a space in their name? I just did a post in Shadow War and I could tag Sinre and Tee just fine and the post would go through, but if I tried to add the @ in front of Darth Aiser's name the post refused to work. This isn't the first time and I'm wondering if we know why this happens. I only tagged 3 users (2 actually since the post wouldn't go through with the third day).

I also had this problem when I tried to tag Darth McClain before in the Arena.

17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    s65horsey Have you tried typing the @ and then immediately typing the username? I find that will sometimes get you around the space issue, although if that doesn't work you're probably looking at manually typing the [user=######]username[/user] tag.

18. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Ramza

I can get the tag to register as a tag, but then my post won't post.

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, I see to be getting a javascript error when I try that. Curious.

Edit: Test with manual user tags:

Darth McClain Apologies for the test.

20. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    So that obviously went through, so what is wrong with how I'm doing it?

21. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    That happens to me too. I end up not using the tags. My problem is i can tag some people but not others. I know i'm doing it correctly cause it works with some.

22. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Yeah but I fear that is partly why Darth Aiser hasn't responded to a tag in weeks because we can't tag him. So I was inquiring about a different way to tag or maybe we can increase awareness in the RPF about this issue so those with spaces don't rely on the tags.

23. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Sounds good to me. Hopefully there is a way.

24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    That one worked because I manually typed the [user=(user number)]Username[/user] code, rather than the @ sign stuff.

25. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    So I need to remember people's member numbers now?