main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Top 10 Greatest Swordsmen/women in the EU.

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Silas Nightstalker, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I have my white flag ready.

2. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Thanks!

3. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    That's right! I forgot about Danni. Well, it didn't go very well for him after that, lol.

4. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Also feel the need to point out, that time when Jacen was captured, he was a little delusional or super overconfident from that dream of his. He literally just expected those people to come to him with him actually doing anything lol Jacen at the start of NJO annoyed me so much.

5. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    Jacen annoyed me throughout the entire NJO, honestly.

6. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Me too. He was very full of himself.

Sent from the future using Tapatalk 6

7. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    From Traitor to TUF I was ok with him.

8. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    Balance Point really frustrated me, him swearing off the Force and all. He almost got his mother killed. I really wish they could have redeemed him instead of killed him off when he turned to the dark side. I think he could have been a likable character, had he remained the same as he was in the first couple NJO books. Then he went all crybaby.

9. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    Jaina pwned Jacen, just saying...

10. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    I did like Jaina at one point, until the DNT. Then she became just as bad as Jacen to me. She did beat Jacen, but only with Luke's help. I remember reading that she knew she wasn't as strong as Jacen, but that she had the potential to be. The whole Sword of The Jedi thing has been referenced to many times. She throws it out to much. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with her character in the upcoming trilogy. I'd like to see her become as powerful as Jacen was.

11. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    I don't think anyone liked Jaina in DNT, especially her fans. But a Mando-trained Jedi? That is full of win.

Silas Allender likes this.
  12. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I personally just didn't like how jaina strung zekk and jag along at the same time. Some might not see it that way, but it bugged me.

Sent from the future using Tapatalk 6

13. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    A Mando trained Jedi would be epic, yes, but she really didn't spend much time with them. I personally wish that she would have spent a couple years with them and come back a completely different person. A true warrior. Then she could have owned Jacen by herself.

Ordo N-11 likes this.
  14. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    I stopped liking Jaina sometime during NJO. There's no one particular moment and I haven't read NJO in years, but I remember it was a number of things that added up. For the most part I really didn't find her to be that interesting. In terms of her power in the Force, I see it in the same light as Leia's. The potential was there from the start, but wasn't developed at the right times for her to equal her twin. She's what in her late 30s-early 40s now? I think it'd take some special event for her to equal Jacen in the Force. Like bathing in a Force Nexus or something.

15. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    Jaina is very much like her mother. I'm really hoping she comes into her own in the whole Sword of the Jedi trilogy and becomes a beast. Personally, I hope she gets away from the Jedi order and helps found the Imperial Knights (though I know next to nothing about them, I find the concept fascinating). I'm ready to see Ben step up and lead the Jedi, while Jaina leads the Imperial Knights.

Ordo N-11 likes this.
  16. StarByStar

StarByStar Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    I going with Leia and Darth Bane. Both were trained later but kicked ass as duelists. Leia may not be the best, but shes been in some pretty great duels with those were more experienced or powerful; Beldorian, Tahiri, Alema Rar.
    And do I really need to explain Bane!?

17. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Galen Marek.
    Bane.

18. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Darth Bane was fantastic, but a good portion of that was his sheer power in the force I think. Ka'sim his mentor would have slaughtered Bane, and very nearly did, if Bane hadn't been so ridiculously powerful.

19. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    I dunno. Leia may have improved significantly, but she wouldn't have stood a chance against a Master level opponent. I don't consider Alema or Tahiri to be quite on that level. Tahiri has the potential, but Leia had problems with Alema even after she was crippled.

20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Leia beat Luke in a sparring session in Ambush At Corellia.

21. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    However, it must be pointed out that in that same passage it talked about how if they dueled many times, leia would likely never beat him again. True, she beat him once, and in a way that's all that matters because it only takes one loss to die, but as I've told many people while playing sports, video games, and more: Anyone can beat anyone once. It takes more skill to do it again, and again.

22. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    I'll agree his Force power allowed him to win the day, but to go toe to toe with the best, you have to be one of the best. So regardless he was still an excellent duelist.

zarkinfrood likes this.
  23. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    She also has the same Force potential as Luke, and Luke was still developing his skills at that time. The current timeline, however? She wouldn't stand a chance against Luke. I would love to see her finally embrace that potential and be his equal, but I just don't see that happening.

24. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    I think its far too late for that now, same with Jaina. Jacen even pointed it out to his mother (If i'm remembering correctly) when he had a vision of her coming to assassinate him. There are some things you need to cultivate early on. The earlier you do the better.

25. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    I really need to revise my list, as I continue to read more Old Republic era novels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.