main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Recomended way to watch the entire saga?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Pimpsy, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    It's even more amusing to see people who claim to love Star Wars are the same ones who insist that these films needed changes.

Back on topic, Star Wars '77 because it is the first film in the saga objectively.

TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Compared to VHS (which is what the OP has)? Sorry, but it isn't.

3. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    Actually, considering the DVNR smear applied to the 2006 release, it actually looked worse than some VHS versions I've seen.

4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No, the 2006 DVDs were a direct port of the Laserdisc versions, there was no more DNR applied. And since the Laserdisc versions were better than the VHS, the DVDs are the best legal versions to get.

5. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    lol like George Lucas -the creator of Star Wars.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  6. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    Actually, they aren't available anymore. A point you keep sidestepping.

TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  7. Yunners

Yunners Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2006
    The Machete order ftw ( IV, V, I, II, III, V)

8. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    Actually, he's the perfect example of such nonsense.

9. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    Actually, he's the perfect example of such nonsense.

10. obi-rob-kenobi4

Apr 17, 2007
    According to stubborn people like you. Which tells one everything they need to know about the foolish, petty subject.

11. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    Double post

12. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    For all the anti-intellectual babble you go on about in regards to "hateboys" and the like, you're clearly the angriest poster I've seen on this board. Ironic.

13. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    No he isn't. I just hide it better.

And people really need to take a good look at the Machete Order. Even the guy who "invented" it admits it doesn't work. The way I see it, if you don't like the prequels, don't watch them. Though WHY anyone would want to skip over two of the best sequences in the saga (you know what they are) is waaay beyond me.

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I can't sidestep a point that wasn't even brought up. And they are available online. At least Amazon and eBay have them for sale, new.

15. sashlon1138

sashlon1138 Jedi Knight

Nov 2, 2012
    Hey :)

16. StampidHD280pro

Jul 28, 2005
    Um. You're being deceptive here. Most of us who like the SE's liked them before. Our love of the movies just isn't so fragile that a "Han Shot First" becomes a deal breaker.

actually I've tried this! firstly, the big "i am your father" surprise isn't concealed very well. but in my opinion, mixing the trilogies doesn't work. Each of the trilogies work best as movies in themselves. that means, the OT and PT are best left intact.

17. sinkie

sinkie Jedi Padawan star 1

May 27, 2004
    6 TVs arranged in a hexagon playing each Episode simultaneously with the viewer seated in a rotating chair in the center. Saves time, you'll have watched the entire Saga in just over two hours. Just make sure to sprinkle Gravol on your popcorn!

StampidHD280pro likes this.
  18. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,4,5,1,2,3,6,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,etc.

V-2 likes this.
  19. obi-rob-kenobi4

Apr 17, 2007

Ah yes, If you share the same view as George Lucas your an "anti-intellectual".

The typical hateboy response (besides calling someone "delusional").

How telling that this is always where the debate inevitably ends up with hateboys. Because thats what is ultimately boils down to for them:

You enjoy and support George Lucas's Star Wars Saga? You must be crazy.

The stubborn crusade and pretentious babble people like you go on about is the only thing that is anti-intellectual. Not to mention anti-artists rights, anti-progress and at times plain anti-innovation.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    1-6.

And I say that as someone who introduced her sons to the films in 4-6, 1-3 order and now really wishes she hadn't.

21. StampidHD280pro

Jul 28, 2005
    I get a sad every time one of my Star Wars newb friends becomes encouraged to watch them in theatrical release order. I get a MAD when they say it was ME who told them to do it that way. No, that was your OTHER SW geek friend.

22. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    My wife had never seen Star Wars before so when we finally sat down to watch them together I did it in this order: 4,5,6,1,2,3. The reasoning was twofold. First, the obvious spoilers and drama works better in that order. The second and main reason, was that CGI and special effects were miles apart. I thought a newcomer would have an issue watching RotS and then watching ANH. When you watch the older ones first it builds nicely and doesn't keep you distracted with the special effects of a 30+ year movie. Thats the way I did it anyway. Just my opinion.

Frank T. likes this.
  23. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    Ah, I see you're resulting in the same childish replies you always resort to whenever you're accurately deconstructed.

Why don't you tell me how I'm anti-progress or... Well, I guess I am anti-artistic rights when it comes to directors cuts. When you release a film in theaters that should be it, save for rare instances where the director was screwed out of the final cut. Blade Runner for instance.

24. StampidHD280pro

Jul 28, 2005
    Why? It's okay to say "Because I don't like the special editions".

25. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    I love how you cut the last part of my quote off to make me seem biased and unreasonable. You know full well I am very much for artists getting final cut on their films. I just think that once they release the movie in theaters it should be considered finished and off limits for revisions. I make exceptions for films where the studio interfered with the final cut without the artist's approval (as in Ridley Scott's Bladerunner and Donner's Superman II). I don't think that is unreasonable.

In any case, we're not talking about an artist, we're talking about George Lucas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.