main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Episode 7 spin offs

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Oct 31, 2012.

1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    The heroes winning.

2. Traidon

Traidon Jedi Padawan

Nov 1, 2012
    Was not hubris the great enemy of the Jedi? The notion they could indeed properly train an admittedly old student with such a high midi-chlorian count? Kenobi and Yoda realized their error, but only too late.

Kenobi’s lie to Luke. Yet another example of hubris, granted it worked out for Anakin’s soul and Luke’s life as well as the victory at Endor. It still echoes the pompous nature of the Jedi, dishonestly using knowledge as a key for the greater good.

I see this echoing into VII-IX. I can see Luke and Leia lying to the new Jedi Order that they have painstakingly grown over the years about their lineage. This lie will somehow come out to the new Jedi and throw them into upheaval, questioning the very nature of the Jedi. Perhaps a rogue member of the new Jedi will use this information to foment a new revolution amongst the ranks. Perhaps one of their own progeny will be lured to the dark side with the help of his unstable genealogy or by a Sith Ghost like Plagueis or Sidious.

Add to this a weak and unstable New Republic being threatened by a large organized threat, say the Mandalorians or remnants of the Empire.

What’s truly the heart of these sequels will be the question of Balance of the Force. Perhaps only with the end of the Jedi can there ever be an end to the Sith?

On an aside, and admittedly I’ll be plunging into some straw-grasping here, but what if Yoda was referring to himself as the Other. When he died, Kenobi, not unwilling to tell a fib, did so again and said that the Other Yoda was referring to was Leia and in fact Luke’s sister. Kenobi did not want Luke to feel completely alone and went with Leia as the Other seeing the opportunity. Perhaps Kenobi did not know who it was. Perhaps, Shmi Skywalker was not the only woman to have been immaculately impregnated. What if Plagueis did so with another woman, or several others?

Anyway (lots of perhapses haha) it’s great that we have these new films on the horizon, and look forward to sharing ideas with the rest of you!

3. DarthWickett

DarthWickett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2004
    So ST is Sequel Trilogy? What will X-XII be called? FT (Fourth Trilogy)? In which case, what does the next trilogy get called? TV (Trilogy V (five))? There's finally gonna be a Star Wars TV. Praise be Yoda!

Legacy Jedi Endordude likes this.
  4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    PT, Prequel Trilogy. OT, Original Trilogy. ST, Sequel Trilogy. SST, Second Sequel Trilogy. TST, Third Sequel Trilogy.

whostheBossk likes this.
  5. Eternal_Jedi

Eternal_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Just wait until we get to a trilogy of trilogies of trilogies.

Boxster and kainee like this.
  6. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    They definitely have to do one more Ewok Adventure and complete the ET.

The-Eternal-Hero likes this.
  7. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    It may not be as important as who the bad guy is or what the story is, but given what's happened in the past, I think we can all expect someone to be missing an appendage by the end of this. Look at the record (and no, battle droids or random characters with which the Jedi/Sith has no former interaction does not count)
    TPM: 1 (Darth Maul cut in half)
    AOTC: 2 (Zam's arm and Anakin's arm)
    ROTS: 3 (Anakin's legs and arm)
    ANH: 1 (Ponda Baba's arm)
    ESB: 1 (Luke's hand)
    ROTJ: 1 (Darth Vader's hand)

So...who do you think will lose their limbs, when, why, and by whom? (arms and legs only!)

kainee likes this.
  8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Dooku and Jango's heads don't count? :(

And you forgot Mace Windu's hand.

I'd guess the young Skywalker hero will lose a limb at some point, maybe a leg to mix it up. It's basically a rite of passage for the family

9. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    It's a given - hurt someone significantly but as they are alive, they can stay in the picture

10. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Wasn't there a guy like that in the Young Jedi Knights series?

11. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Yes, that worked soooooo well in the PT.:D

12. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    :oops:My bad. I knew I forgot something!

A leg would be different. We've seen a ton of people lose hands/arms, but losing a leg would be a LOT harder to recover from.

13. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    Ok, this thread is getting a bit off topic.

How would you guys like a General Grievous movie? Maybe a movie on his first few battles vs. the republic, where he needs to prove himself a useful ally to the CIS cause, and kills lots of Jedi in the process of doing so?

Or a Qui Gon movie, where he is assigned a mission by the council to test his ability as a Jedi, to see if he is ready to have a Padawan?

They could also do a movie on Darth Vader during the Jedi purge, there’s lots of options! What would you like to see?

14. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    Darth Sidious most talented imperial guard goes rogue. Sidious taught him a little bit about the force, but it was just a small taste, he wants more. He goes on a journey to learn more about the force and become powerful enough to overthrow Sidious. He searches for ancient Sith Holocrons, and has to construct his own lightsaber. He still wears the red helmet and uniform because he likes the look.

Cad Carnage likes this.
  15. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Jango Fett, set before AOTC, make Cad Bane his rival.

[​IMG]

Poor Greedo likes this.
  16. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    It'll probably link directly to the ST, so I doubt they'll be traveling backwards to expand on dead characters from the Clone Wars or whatever.

17. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    x wing/tie fighter spinoff movie or tv show

18. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

KED12345 likes this.
  19. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I hope they don't make more trilogies after the ST.

Three movies per trilogy, three trilogies per saga. They can make as many single spinoffs as they like, but the story of Star Wars should end at IX.

20. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    EDIT: There will probably be and episode 13, 14 and 15!!!!

I would love to see a Prince Xizor series on how He became the Black Sun Warlord.

I also think It Would be cool to see a Knights of the new Republic series set a thousand years into the future after return of the jedi with future skywalker dissendents.

21. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I agree, but I do hope they go back in time and cover pre existing characters

22. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Rogue squadron tv show

23. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    What I want

A series of High Quality Animated Films (Pixar - LFL team?) - THRAWN TRILOGY
    Rogue Squadron TV Show (Live action or animated, doesn't matter to me)
    Multiple totally new films with original characters, locations, and stories.

24. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    There will be a novel depicting the events that lead to episode vii. i won't read it until after i see episode vii