main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What are the odds Disney will decide to just do a complete reboot?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by MrFantastic74, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    MS has decided the avatar is not in violation of the rules. I suggest you all get back on topic.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I luv you Juli!!!
    I do not expect a reboot in this generation. And I mean the nerdy fanbase, not the generation of fiction. The outcry would implode the Epcot ball.

3. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Nice to see the mods are doing their jobs...

Chorus: indeed, every Star Wars fan who knows and loves it would storm the gates of Disneyland and Disney World.

4. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't want any reboots or remakes.

5. GargantuanThrillMachine

GargantuanThrillMachine Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    i agree, myke - a reboot seems to be the least favorable of all options, including a whole feature length of chewbacca and an eight-year-old han solo fighting crime

6. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    I thought she just REALLY loved pasta. [face_devil]

7. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    Agreed. And I have a feeling the droids will be along for the ride in the new trilogy.

8. GeneralCeel

GeneralCeel Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 4, 2005
    George Lucas is the second largest shareholder at Disney after the dead guy (Steve Jobs.) He didn't sell out to Disney.... he bought Disney. And everything he did was to protect his legacy. People don't actually believe that he just let it all go for somebody else to strip mine? Hardly. He's calling this his "retirement," but Lucas has "retired" before. People these days like to talk like George is dumb. He's not a people person, but he's always been an innovator and an excellent business man. If you think about it, little of what Disney does today would be possible without the technology Lucas' companies developed.... not to mention merchandising which Lucas pretty much invented.

Star Wars will be rebooted if Lucas wants it to be rebooted, but I don't see that happening.

9. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I would love Disney if they did JUST THAT. Made their own story, their own legacy, hire new talent, new creators and let them work new magic. The Palpatine Saga is complete.

10. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    They dont need to be release together, the Disney pack should just be the Disney pack and Fox already has their great Blu Ray set out. Nothing should ever be packaged with 1-6 except 1-6. Palpatine is dead.

11. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Great Post, this is exactly what I what to see. Disney allowing new talent to create from the universe the films created with out using the same creations.

12. DarthDragon164

DarthDragon164 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Even if Disney has the rights to remake the OT, I don't think they will. They've had a very good track record thus far of not remaking/rebooting movies. Face it, Disney is the king of classic movies, but we haven't seen a remake of Snow White or Pinocchio, have we? Wikipedia has a list of Disney remakes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Disney_film_remakes) and none of them are remakes of particularly noteworthy films, with the exception of 101 Dalmatians, but I, at least, consider that to be a different case because it was a live action adaptation of one of their animated movies as opposed to an outright remake.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  13. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    When people say Reboot what do they mean exactly?

14. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    If the new trilogy doesn't pull in what they want Luke, Leia, and Han will be back in recast form.

15. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Even after Lucas snuffs it, I don't think Disney will ever go down that route. It would run the (very) serious risk of actually causing more harm than good.

16. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I think the reboot is inevitable once we get to about Episode XV.

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I expect that Episode VII will be radically different from 1-6. There will be a couple of nods or tie-ins to the OT but 20-30 years later different characters and different character formats. It's Disney, not 20th Century Fox. They will remember the OT and PT but go and do their own thing.

18. GeneralCeel

GeneralCeel Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 4, 2005
    "Disney will do this,"

"Disney should allow that that."

Is anybody else seriously getting tired of this quickly growing myth that Lucasfilm no longer exists, that George Lucas is powerless, and that Disney (who at Disney exactly?) will be calling all the shots.

Read the press release. Watch the videos.

Lucas didn't pawn his legacy for cash and sail away to the tropics. Lucasfilm wasn't obtained in a hostile takeover. It wasn’t a dying company bought to strip mine for properties.

Lucasfilm was a healthy, profitable company whose sole owner made a conscious decision to PROTECT it for future generations by throwing in his lot with a larger entity (that he loves and respects). And in the process Lucas became the second largest individual shareholder at Disney.

Lucasfilm still has its own management structure, its own offices, its own state for the art facilities. Kathleen Kennedy didn’t join Lucasfilm to run errands and make coffee for the board of directors at Disney.

Lucasfilm isn’t on its way out. Its on its way up.

19. YODA the all powerful

YODA the all powerful Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Well said!

GeneralCeel likes this.
  20. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I really think this needs to be drummed into people's heads. The CEO said that they intend to treat Lucasfilm in exactly the same way as they treat Marvel: they will leave them pretty much alone to do their own thing.

GeneralCeel likes this.
  21. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Q.F.T. I honestly have no idea why this is so hard for people to comprehend.

GeneralCeel likes this.
  22. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    No. No reboot.

23. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Star Wars doesnt need LUKE LEIA & HAN, just like it doesnt need ANAKIN, OBI WAN & PADME. People are way too afraid of new characters. Thats sad.

24. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    This would be great and Im not feeling the hate for padme anakin and obi wan...

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I know people are saying Disney won't disrespect Lucas blah blah blah but the Lucas Star Wars Saga is over. Disney will set their movie series years later. They will have tie-ins to the OT and PT but Disney will create their own memorable saga.
    I don't hate the PT but imo atm TPM and AOTC are the weakest Star Wars movies though they have several good things from them. I don't care for Anakin in AOTC but like him in ROTS.