main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Official Sequel Trilogy - Let the Wild Speculation Begin!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jedi Merkurian , Oct 31, 2012.

1. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Au contraire! The ST should wrap up the Skywalker Saga by tying in with the PT.

I really hope that Hayden appears as Anakin in this trilogy.

Sequels wrap things up
    /LM

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Palpatine fell very far into a core and then sort of exploded, I don't see how he wouldn't be dead. Very hard to regenerate if you have no body.

OK he could go all Voldemort and float around as a spirit for years, but bringing him back is not original and does exactly what was done in the EU and that's redoing the plot from the movies.

3. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    The Riddler will be the new enemy? :p

4. Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Would be a huge mistake. This thread should be abolished. To even speculate about such an idea is shameless transgression.

5. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm sure they'll do something after 4 or 5 days.

Maybe 6 or 7.

6. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Between 30 and 35 years.

7. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I'd love to see Ewan reprise his role as Obi-Wan, via a kind of holojournal that he kept while watching over Luke as he grew up. It'd be kinda cool to see Jedi Master Luke reviewing them in the temple as a short little cameo.

As far as Hayden coming back - I've got the perfect scene.
    Anakin's ghost appears.
    Luke: "Geez, not now Dad!"
    Anakin's ghost disappears.
    Leia: "Be patient Luke, there is good in him."
    Luke: "Like I don't know? He's been showing off his last-minute-switch-to-the-light-side trick for the past 30 years!"

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  9. GeneralCeel

GeneralCeel Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 4, 2005
    For me, Revenge of the Sith explains the fatherhood of Anakin in the scene where Palpatine tells Anakin about "Palagius the wise." If you are willing to accept an EU explanation you can check out the Darth Palagius to discover yet another layer to that story.

Star Wars is about many things.... and one of those things is the Father - Son relationship, and on a similar note the Master - Apprentice relationship.

Anakin is Luke's father (He's also 3PO's father if you think about it)
    Anakin's father is -probably Palpatine or Palagius via Midichlorian)
    Luke is Obi Wan's student
    Anakin is Obi Wan's student
    Obi Wan is Qui Gon's student
    Qui Gon is Dooku's student
    Everybody is Yoda's student...

and so on.... the movies time and time again revealed relationships we didn't know or may not have expected. These relationships are the threads that link all the movies.

If a sequel trilogy is to be connected to the previous six films new layers of family and manster-apprentice relationships need to be revealed

darthgator1217 likes this.
  10. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I agree that they can be in it without being the main baddies, after all the Empire was huge I find it hard to believe that it just ended the moment the Emperor died.

Maybe an organisation such as the Black Sun could be the main threat.

11. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    You make some excellent points. There needs to be some connection to the existing story and family relationships are central to the star wars universe. Honesty, I have always considered SW to be sort of like the godfather in space.

12. Eternal_Jedi

Eternal_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    No, we probably don't need a thread for every person's speculation. I looked through the first 4 or 5 pages and didn't see a thread that really fit with what I wanted to say.

I was trying to get a more serious discussion going on, rather than posting wild speculations that are just my own wishful thinking. I've tried to ground this speculation in the realities of what is likely to appeal to the more casual viewer as well as looking at a precedent already established in prior films. There is a lot being speculated that, frankly, no sane director/producer would run with if they wanted to make a film with some commercial appeal.

If there had been a thread on general speculation of what Luke Skywalker's role would be in Episode VII/The ST, I would have posted there, but I didn't see one. Why single out this thread in particular?

13. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    I see Luke as being kind of like a Gandalf, leading the other mains on an adventure of sorts. But I see his character dying a hero in Ep VII, with his death having two results:
    1) Set the tone- "Hey, the baddies just killed Luke Skywalker! They just killed frickin' Luke Skywalker! Who's going to stop them now?"
    and
    2) Passing the torch to the new principle hero(s).

EviL_eLF likes this.
  14. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Here is a revolutionary idea that has never been done before.

We can have 3 FACTIONS.

New Republic, Imperial Remnant (only hold a few systems, survivors of Palpatine's Empire), and a new Alien menace, that is evil...and using weird technology....that comes from outside of the galaxy. The New Republic and Imperials can actually WORK TOGETHER, use their common humanity as common ground....and fight this evil alien menace.

Imagine X-wings flying side by side with Tie Fighters.

Making it different from the rest of the films that have 1 faction vs 1 faction. In other words, we need a 3rd party.

Darthgoodguy likes this.
  15. Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    No way Fet makes episode 7. If at all it will be in 8 or 9 before ge makes an appearance Also he would be approaching 70 years of age if the movie is 20-40 years after ROTJ keeping in line with the aging mark hammil's ability to play Luke convincingly (because he will play Luke in E7). I guess a 70 year old Fet could still be dangerous? Dont think he will return.

16. Norminator

Norminator Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2009
    I'd like it if it was remnants of the Empire under new leadership. There's bound to be tons of them out there, even with the Death Star destroyed.
    Would be cool to see it from their perspective, working more as underground movements against the bureaucratic senate that never gets things done. Maybe a planet is in dire need of help, and the senate takes too long to act on it because of an internal power struggle, leading to uproars and new support for what used to be the empire.
    Just don't give me a guy who has found a magic alien that can cancel the force.

I think there will be more focus on dark side/light side rather than politics though.

17. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    Episode I is to Qui-Gon Jinn as Episode IV is to Obi-Wan Kenobi as Episode VII is to Luke Skywalker

18. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    This is exactly how I see it as well. Gives the link to the rest of the saga by having Luke in the film, but also does a good job passing off the torch in a meaningful way by being a major plot building event.

Voss likes this.
  19. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Luke traces his heritage on his paternal grandmother's side and discovers that she was Palpatine's daughter who was born out of wedlock when the future Emperor was still in his teens. Palpatine appears to him as a force ghost and says, 'I am your great grandfather'.

TheMasterOfSoresu likes this.
  20. GargantuanThrillMachine

GargantuanThrillMachine Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    these are all great points. the power vacuum created by fragmenting the empire at the end of rotj would make a compelling plot all on its own, and implies some type of imperial remnants present

21. AquaVitae

AquaVitae Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 17, 2008
    Anakin..really does like sand?

TheMasterOfSoresu likes this.
  22. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    What if a new imperial character had found out Luke and Leia were the offspring of the villainous Vader and use that knowledge as blackmail to force a truce to fight a new enemy?

23. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I look at the newest Star Trek film, told through multiple POVs. I believe there will be 'double vision', one eye through Luke and then the audience representation as Ben Skywalker or whoever the young upstart will be

24. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Palpatine will come back as a giant red-glowing eye on the topmost tower of the Imperial Palace.

25. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    With Disney wanting to release a new Star Wars every two to three years, after Episode VII comes out, there's a pretty good chance he'll be back some day. I would love to see Boba back in action.