main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Episode 7 an original story

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. pillowpants

pillowpants Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    As they should. I have high hopes for 2015, I will wait until then to be disappointed by a reboot starring nick cage and johnny depp

2. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    The above-quoted post is pure invention, absolutely not corroborated by any official statement of any kind, ever, anywhere.

fishtailsam and Random Comments like this.
  3. pillowpants

Nov 1, 2012
    That sounds about right

4. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    friend, you should be aware that referring to him as "nick cage" is fallacial. for you see, his name is "nicolas." there is no "k" in his name. therefore, if you want to refer to him in shorthand, please realize that the correct spelling would therefore be "nic cage," like those lighters, but with an "n."

tom and Ramza like this.
  5. pillowpants

Nov 1, 2012
    Would nic coppola be ok?

6. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    no, he changed his name.

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    let's just agree to refer to him as awesome.

8. chicago103

chicago103 Jedi Padawan

Nov 1, 2012
    I am in the "original story as in not an EU adaptation and set at least 30 years after ROTJ with at least some involvement with the original cast" school of thought. You can't just throw in all completely new characters cold turkey, you need to have a transition with some involvment with at least some of the original characters. Since it is pretty clear this is clearly being marketed as "Episode VII" the general audience will expect some connection to the OT and some of the characters.

As far as human characters it is pretty clear Luke Skywalker played by Mark Hamill should be top priority but his inclusion leads to a slippery slope where it become necessary to include Leia and Han Solo and I think that is a good thing, let me explain. If Luke Skywalker is in it as the elder mentor Jedi then that will naturally get people wondering about Leia because she after all is a Skywalker by blood and was implied to be force sensitive in ROTJ so she clearly needs to play some kind of role in the passing of the torch. Then with Leia there the next natural train of thought is to wonder what happened to Han Solo given the romantic tension and bonding we saw between him and Princess Leia. Do they just say Han died on some unforseen adventure after a few years of marriage with Leia? Seems kind of lame if you ask me. To me it makes more sense for Han Solo to return and die a hero's death in Episode VII (just like Harrison Ford seemed to want for the character anyways and a pretty sure way to get him to sign on). Then perhaps Luke Skywalker can die a heroic death in Episode VIII or IX, personally I have a prefernce for the latter. That way the entire sequel trilogy is about the passing of the torch and some of that will be through heroic deaths of our beloved characters but it has to be done right and not just kill people off for the sake of it, perhaps Leia can still be alive at the end for instance. Episode VII should be have the most original cast involvement in it and the strong introductions of the new characters and Episodes VIII and IX will progressively be more about them.

9. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I would like to see at least Luke come back, maybe not as a main character. Perhaps we see him as the founder of the first Jedi Acadamy on Yavin 4 and the story follows one of the students. I only say this because I know Harrison Ford won't come back and do we really want Carrie Fisher to come back with the way she looks and sounds (not trying to be mean)? That would just leave Luke and Lando. They could do one movie with just the two of them but not an entire trilogy.

10. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    This will never happen. They would make a CGI Model out of Hamil (Like they did with Schwarzenegger in Terminator Salvation), rather than trying to make an Hollywood actor out of him again. That time is long gone, Hamil is today a B Movie Actor and a Voice Actor for TV Productions.

11. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    But he's still an actor (and I don't think he was ever a Hollywood actor)... why would they need a so-called 'A' player? They will probably make some test reels with Hamill, if it doesn't work out, he won't be in it.

12. syferdiasisalie

syferdiasisalie Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2004
    He's still Mark Hamill. Lucas promised him a cameo in Episode IX back in the day. The CGI model in Terminator Salvation was a joke, and while I'm sure ILM could do a better job, it won't be believable. If Joseph Gordon-Levitt is Luke I'm walking out.

13. pillowpants

Nov 1, 2012
    Just speculating, I would be willing to bet that characters involved in multimedia projects such as the force unleashed and shadows of the empire(old school) would be spared from the predicted EU cannon cleansing.

14. Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    OMG. Luke could have his own movie! Look what hey did for Christopher Lee with Dooku. Get him in decent shape strap a girdle on him n CG the hell out of it. Do Eeeet!

15. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I think they should coax Ford back for a small role in Eppy 7 but grant him his wish for his character by having him die at the hands of some new enemy.

16. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    They wouldn't want to do a whole CG model of him. You see X-Men 3? Do you remember the de-aging they did for Pat Stewart and Ian? That's how you do it.

obi-rob-kenobi4 likes this.
  17. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    I don't know why you think Star Wars needs A-list actors, especially in its non-principle roles. Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee have been associated with low-budget horror films since the 50s. Frank Oz was Miss Piggy and Bert long before he was Yoda. The actors that played Owen and Beru, do you imagine that they were somehow A- or even B-list actors? Mark Hamill is well-known, well-loved by fans and lauded by critics for his vocal work the last 20 years. That you personally dislike him does nothing to wipe away his fame, presence, acting ability or the current resounding calls from the Star Wars fanbase to see him return to his most famous role.

18. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I hope they wouldn't do a whole CG model of him. There are ways CG can be done to look really good, but I think for most things, an excellent makeup artist is the way to go.

But I do think they will use him, at least for a small cameo appearance.

19. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    There's no need to de-age him, digitally or prosthetically, if he's playing a 60-something Luke Skywalker, which is exactly what Lucas was envisioning and talking about in interviews in the late 1970s.

StampidHD280pro likes this.
  20. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Yeah, but it was easier for the EU books to work around Episodes 1, 2, and 3 because very few of the EU books take place during the prequel era. Unless the new trilogy takes place like 40 or more years after the Battle of Yavin, there could be significantly more continuity conflict than there was when the prequels came out. I'm not too concerned about it; I'm just looking forward to new Star Wars films, mostly.

21. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Yeah, I'm having the same reaction. Every now and then, I think to myself "Is this really happening?" I've had dreams at night about new Star Wars movies. LOL I never expected more to be made, though. I had made peace with the idea that Star Wars was going to live on with television series and movie re-releases. Now, from the sound of it, we can expect A WHOLE LOT MORE movies.

And now I'm having that "Is this really happening?" feeling again.

22. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Is the source really reliable? I only saw "a Lucas Art member" told him.

23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    E! tends to be pretty good about making sure they get someone qualified for their "staff member" quotes.

24. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I am as well. I mean, I like the video games, I like TCW, and I was pretty stoked to see the originals in the theatres again, but this?
    Well, there are some important dates in my life. My anniversary. My kids' birthdays. And now - 10/30/12 - the day my inner geek was reborn from the ashes of thinking there would be no more Star Wars.

25. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    that was horrible...lol even my kids thought that was crap...( the de ageing effect... actually the whole movie)