main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Interest Measurement Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sawn_Kassal, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    I thinking more human based of to mars and back, but hey I'm going to be picky here.

2. katefan

katefan Jedi Knight

Oct 18, 2012
    Nope, offsite advertising is not gonna fly here.

3. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Dude, offsite advertising is bad enough, but taking people off the RPF in particular which would like more games played on it is an act of bastardry.

4. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Have to side with Saint on this one.

5. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Anybody interested in a classical modern science thriller? I had a strage idea lately and I think it might one day make a good game. It plays on a space station not too far in the future and a crew mining the moons and asteroid belts of Jupiter, when news from earth arrive who cause unrest, while a discovery is made that could change history forever in the outer reaches of the asteroid belt.When personal problems come into the mix the space station faces a crisis unlike any ever before . . .

Limited run, few players, character heavy and more looking for realism than space fantasy.

I think of 2001 meets Michael Crichton´s Sphere meets Moon.

Working title:
    IO

6. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    I'm especially interested in that! :D Sounds like my cup of tea. I'd be happy to give it a shot!

7. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I'd be interested - assuming the pace is a bit slower than some of our games here, I'd be interested :)

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Same as Peng. I'm spread thin at the moment, but if it's not too fast-paced, I'm game.

9. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Guess if you run it besides Castaways that would slow you down considerably, would it? Anyway, I´d be highly interested. As you might have guessed.

10. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Well, I got that story in my head and decided it might make a better post-by-post game than table-top or novel, so I am not really knowing when I´ll do it or with how many players and certainly not at what speed I´ll do it. Also I will keep in mind people prefer a slower rate. Also I feel sometimes you can hardly dictate that . . . but what do I know. I got one game to draw from so far. But I believe it could be a good one, if we got reliable players sticking to it, full of twists, turns and interesting questions, with a lot of character interaction (there we got it again, how quick player respond to each other is harldy within my control) and probably it could even ask a few questions that are a bit deeper . . . so yeah, I am aflame, but feel right now I gotta concentrate on Castaways and probably get a bit more "game" under my belt by doing my Han Solo game long-planned towards the end of the year, which will be sweet, but rather short (compared to my Castaways plans). Then I believe I can start truly planning for my "next one". If I am still in love with the idea by then, this will be my next. So I thank everybody for assuring me there is an audience. That´s actually what I felt I need to know, before I allow the thing to crawl into my head any further . . .

11. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    If its in the vein of Solaris at all...I'm in.

12. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Um yeah this sounds like it is for me sign me up

13. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Well this is very unusual thing a not quite double post. meh.
    Anyway I was batting around the idea a community written episode VII. What I mean is that through the power of like the community decide which way things happen and by the end everyone has in truth contributed to the final product. Is this a crazy idea?

14. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Not exactly what you are looking for, but check out the 4 words at a time challenge.
    and star wars uncut.

15. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    I will do that but I was thinking as an RPG

16. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    An RPG that throws out the EU and continues at some point after Return of the Jedi?

I like.

17. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Yep I was also think community approved CS's. However, that may take it to far.

18. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    It sounds intruiging, but will it be thrilling? If we decide all events, we´ll know all events beforehand, too. Do we?

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'd bite if it wasn't rendering everything else non-canon...

Something set post-FotJ, but a separate story that feel the need to reference everything that has happened, but picks up on Lucas canon e.g. the films, Mortis, other Lucas-notable plots...

20. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    The events need to be held only by the GM or GMs, I think.

It would probably be a good way of bringing in new users. "Why wait for it? There's an Episode VII game going on in the RPF."

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I believe it'd be a good idea. The KotoR III game was doing very well until ToR was announced :p

22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I think you guys should check the RPR on Monday. For... reasons.

Imperial_Hammer likes this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It's Monday now! And a like by Imperial Hammer is not helping my excitement!

24. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Hm, have I missed anything?

25. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Monday's almost over. . .the anticipation is scary! :p