main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit DHC: February 2013 - first looks

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Maybe they'll lose the licence, maybe they won't, but for right now? Get a load of these:

[​IMG]

STAR WARS #2
    Brian Wood (W), Carlos D’Anda (A), Gabe Eltaeb (C), and Alex Ross (Cover)
    On sale Feb 13
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.50
    Ongoing

A cagey young Imperial officer seems to anticipate the Rebels’ every move, so Princess Leia forms a “stealth squadron”including Luke Skywalker—to expose a suspected spy within their ranks.
    Meanwhile, Han Solo and Chewbacca run afoul of bounty hunter Boba Fett, and the Emperor sends Darth Vader on a secret mission!
    • Stars Han Solo, Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, and Darth Vader!
    • Set during classic trilogy events!

[​IMG]

STAR WARS: AGENT OF THE EMPIRE—HARD TARGETS #5 (of 5)
    John Ostrander (W), Davidé Fabbri (P), Christian Dalla Vecchia (I), Wes Dzioba (C), and Stéphane Roux (Cover)
    On sale Feb 20
    FC, 32 pages
    $2.99
    Miniseries

Everyone—including Boba Fett—is after the young Count Dooku. As Cross and the Count’s loyal security guard attempt to whisk the boy to safety, they are surrounded by enemies! In the past, Cross had the power and authority of the Empire behind him. Now he has nothing but his fists!
    • Agent of the Empire, or Enemy of the Empire?

[​IMG]

STAR WARS: DAWN OF THE JEDI—THE PRISONER OF BOGAN #4 (of 5)
    John Ostrander (W), Jan Duursema (P), Dan Parsons (I), Wes Dzioba (C), and David Michael Beck (Cover)
    On sale Feb 27
    FC, 32 pages
    $2.99
    Miniseries

Even as the Je’daii close in on the mysterious Xesh and his mad ally Daegen Lok, a third party has entered the chase—a powerful woman from Xesh’s past.
    Meanwhile, Lok has sought the help of old enemies to help him attain a common goal—the downfall of the Je’daii!

• Origins of the Jedi!
    • Most popular Star Wars series of 2012 continues!

[​IMG]

STAR WARS: KNIGHT ERRANT VOLUME 3—ESCAPE TP
    John Jackson Miller (W), Marco Castiello (P), Andrea Chella (P), Vincenzo Acunzo (I), Michael Atiyeh (C), and Benjamin Carré (Cover)
    On sale Apr 10
    FC, 120 pages
    $18.99
    TP, 7" x 10"
    Joining a team hunting for a relic of extraordinary evil, Kerra hopes their search will reveal the truth about her missing parents—before it leads the Sith to a tool of ultimate destruction! But Kerra’s desire to find her lost family is clouding her judgment. If the relic falls into Sith hands, the galaxy is doomed! Collects the five-issue miniseries.

• The sequel to the novel from Del Rey, a New York Times bestseller!

---------------------------------------------------------

My comments, those covers for Star Wars 2 and Knight Errant: Escape are quite awesome, though the other two are no slouches either!

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    AotE - this franchise just does not understand the point of helmets.

Brian Wood - holy god that's gorgeous.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Wedge Wedge Wedge Wedge Wedge Wedge Wedge!

4. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Also, the Hound's Tooth. So that's at least one thing from the EU we can expect.

5. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Star Wars 2 cover will be Alex Ross' work Coop, but the plot is sounding good I agree.

6. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    I'm looking forward to Star Wars. Nice to hear Wood is doing something with the Imperials.

Needless to say I'll be picking up KE.

7. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Must be Mando helmets ;) in TCW Obi-Wan headbutts one of those Death Watch guys and harms him more with it than himself.

^:)^

8. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Stealth Squadron? Young Count Dooku? Dark Horse, I just don't know you anymore.

That crewcut guy is really going all Bossk on Fett, isn't he.

9. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Wedge, for me, is Expanded Universe dropped into the OT through... uh, flowwalking or something. I haven't sorted out that part yet. But my point is - WEDGE ON THE COVER IS AWESOME.

10. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I'm looking forward to upcoming Star Wars covers almost as much as the content of the comics themselves.

11. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Man, the cover for the Brian Wood series is amazing. [face_hypnotized]

EDIT: It's now the background for my phone ;)

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Heh, yeah, I clicked on the Newsarama link expecting the usual preview images and got blasted by the Star Wars #2 cover!

13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I call that series "Brian Wood" because calling it "Star Wars" would be absurd.

I rest my case.

wild_karrde and Zorrixor like this.
  14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, that's what you meant? OK.

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Nice, glad they chose that particular cover for the Knight Errant trade. *le sigh* Ironic that the most fantasy-based story is ending just as SW is picked up by Disney. Though, DOTJ has fantasy elements as well.

Zorrixor likes this.
  16. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I hope those aren't lightsabers being wielded in that DoJ cover, and instead forcesabers (which i think they are), since the 1st lightsabers were not invented yet.

17. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I spy the Hound's Tooth on the SW cover and a Theta-class T-2c shuttle on the AotE cover. Nice! :cool:

18. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    I so LOVE Dark Horse... needs no more words than that!

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    So I think we should all sign an agreement to buy the heck out of these comics.

We could call it... a covenant.

20. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
  21. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Yaaaaaaay, Alex Ross!

22. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    So have they explained yet when this new SW series takes place? Post-ANH is pretty crowded already.

Also, isn't DARK TIMES technically still the ongoing "STAR WARS" title (SW > Republic > Dark Times)?

23. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    It's supposed to be right after ANH. Dealing with the fallout from the Battle of Yavin.

24. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    And yet another great piece of art from the Brian Wood Star Wars series. Luke and Wedge working together? Yes please.

Jahan Cross punching out Boba Fett... not sure how I feel about that. Generally, it annoys me when authors have their original creations beat the crap out of previously established characters just to prove the OC's awesomeness. Hopefully Fett doesn't come off as a total tool, as he all too often does.

25. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    >Implying Fett isn't overrated when he gets knocked into a Sarlacc pit by a blind dude

Zorrixor likes this.