main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Official Sequel Trilogy - Let the Wild Speculation Begin!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jedi Merkurian , Oct 31, 2012.

1. Tibanna Gas Mine

Tibanna Gas Mine Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I think Episode VII would thrive with Luke as a "wise Ben Kenobi" type, except even more involved with the conflict(s) than old Ben. It would be interesting though if he were mostly cloaked and mysterious (like Luke in the beginning of Jedi where even though he was hiding his appearence you could tell he was much more mature and "ready" in comparison to his slightly younger and less experienced self in Empire where he was still in a student phase). So less out in the open as Ben Kenobi, but at the same time still meddling much more, if that makes sense. This is only how I feel now and probably only slightly explained what I mean, but I love reading everyone else's ideas.

SamiS, TreborSabreon and epithree like this.
  2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    So, Yoda=>Dooku=>Qui-gon=>Obi-wan=>Anakin/Luke=>?

So who is will Luke's Padawan be? Will it be Jania, Ben or somebody else?

3. EggplantParmesean

EggplantParmesean Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
    The idea of Luke being a mentor-type character is completely logical and spot-on. I just hope they cast an appropriate lead that works well with (hopefully) Mark Hamill.

4. General_Cartman_Lee

General_Cartman_Lee Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    Star Wars wouldn't be Star Wars without the "revelation".

5. GeneralCeel

GeneralCeel Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 4, 2005
    The only issue with Luke taking on an apprentice is finding an appropriate reason for that to happen that is not as boring as simply "Gotta get the Jedi going again... time for a student." Obi Wan and Yoda trained Luke because they believed he was their hope. Qui Gon and Obi Wan had their reasons for taking on Anakin... in spite of the council.

So what is the next angle?

I think the situation we haven’t seen yet is for a father and son to not be estranged and enter into a training situation…..

TreborSabreon likes this.
  6. asdv

asdv Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2003
    How about the idea of Luke acting as the only Jedi in the new republic. He is an adviser to the government, but will not meddle with any affairs, and certainly will not restore the order of the jedi, as the government considers it too risky. However, Luke feels that he must "pass on what he learns" to fulfill Yoda's intent. Han and Leia have 2 children. Luke passes his teachings on to one, but not both. Sibling rivalry ensues on a massive scale. The jedi Luke teaches is on the run, as corrupt forces in the government feed on the fear of there now being more than one jedi, which could lead to another sith. Government factions are divided on the issue, which eventually leads to a split. Some systems agree to allow Jedi as their protectors, while other systems opt to deny their presence altogether. Somewhere down the line, someone gets the 2 sides fighting on another and you have this old school "jedi" protected smaller faction of the universe, fighting a more modern "blaster" faction of the universe.

In Christ forever,
    Mike
    John 3:16

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Another theory I have is the villain or group of villains will be someone that Palpatine wanted to take care of as Emperor but the rebels stopped him before he could. Such as the Ssi-Ruuk, the Yuuzhan Vong, and Abeloth (even though this isn't proven, I believe it)

8. TheMasterOfSoresu

TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2011
    Oh yeah - he was the chosen one. Convenient.

Oh yeah - he was carrying out his dead masters wishes. How admirable.

These were 'boring' as you so rightfully put it.

But I agree with the bolded though.

9. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Maybe Luke can create a Jedi order, and he can call it....wait for it.....the NEW JEDI ORDER.

10. New Guy1001

New Guy1001 Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2012
    Hi there. My picks for the new movie are:

Alison Brie play leias daughter(if the story follows that way)
    Michael Fassbender and Lucas Till playing the master and apprentice style roles
    have Nathan Fillion play a Hon style role.
    have Morena Baccarin play some kind of evil sexy role.
    have Zachary Quinto play a jedi or sith style role.
    have Jason Momoa play a bounty hunter role.
    Joseph Gordon-Levitt.(rouge jedi)
    Idris Elba (grand master of the new order.)

i think it would be a great line up.

11. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Although Lucas had said before that Luke would be childless in his version of the future, I always pictured he would have him train Han and Leia's kids, and whoever else he finds over the years. I imagine also that his teaching philosophy would be much more lenient than what his father had to go through. And because of these ideals, the chances of him failing as a teacher would be a lot less. I wouldn't want to see Luke fail as a teacher, mainly because it woud diminish the reasons why it happened to his father in the Prequels.

12. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    There WILL be another generation of Skywalkers... you don't build such an iconic family with an iconic name to then just "Oh, they're all Solos now".

Luke will have kid(s), and the Skywalker name will continue.

13. Darth_Leeda

Darth_Leeda Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    I'm a little concerned that with Disney at the helm, the format might change. I would not think so, but without GL controlling it, who knows...

What I mean is this:
    • I hope we still see the same opening screen (a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away - and the lucasfilm ltd logo - even if owned by Disney)
    • I hope the opening crawl format will remain the same.
    • I hope we still hear John Williams original Star Wars Theme (ANH) at the beginning of each film
    • I hope the closing credits will use the same font, layout, and color
    • I hope the ending title music is the same (i.e., the SW theme with medlies of themes from each respective film)
    • I hope the overall form for each film is still like a three act opera
    • I hope the production quality is the same
    • I hope the music is still operatic - If John Williams is not the composer (although I hope he is), hopefully any new composer would have clear themes for new characters and situations (and, of course, quote common themes from John Williams from the other films - i.e., "The Force" theme is still the same, etc.)
    The whole point of all of this is to ensure seamless consistency through all 9 films.

Just my first set of thoughts. Please chime in. Glad to be back to have something really significant to discuss again!

-DL

TreborSabreon likes this.
  14. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I think with what we have seen from Disney with what they have done with Marvel... they don't plasterize themselves over the product. The only Disney logo you see in any of the Marvel films is at the very end of the credits amonst all those other small logos.

So you can rest assured that the Lucas Film LTD logo will be the only one at the beginning.

What I hope they do, is still somehow work with Fox so we can still have the traditional 20th Century Fox opening that has become so synonimous... but I doubt that happens.

This is still very much a Lucas Film produced film franchise, Disney is just the Parent company now. Much of the opening traditions will still be in place. Though I wonder how they will get around the Pre-movie credits issue... Lucas Film being an independant entity with non-union producers directors had that loophole... Not sure if Disney can pull it off or if they can get a special Directors Guild waiver for the franchise itself as Lucas did for the original film alone.

15. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    [face_cow]

16. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Woah! Full circle, huh?

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  17. NakedJedi

NakedJedi Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2012
    Crappy teaser trailer idea:

A ship enters Coruscant and lands. A hooded man walks out of the ship.

The young hooded man (not Luke) places flowers in front of a monument of Anakin and Padme.

Quick shots of some new war emerging.

Back to the original shot. Another man is standing over the younger man's shoulder from behind -- hinting at him being Luke.

Would be cool if Yoda's "there is another" actually referred to Luke's son.

18. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    TreborSabreon and KED12345 like this.
  19. Yodasbadgirlreicanated

Yodasbadgirlreicanated Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2012
    Straight up it's from Disney it going to be a musical, a Warsical if you like. Which is fine with me as long as they include "Luke be a Jedi tonight" that song Mark Hamill sang in "The Simpsons" then I will be a happy camper. I was so diappointed when they didn't include "Dr Zas Dr Zas" in the new "Plant of the Apes." I am sure George or George Boy as I like to call him will not disappoint me again.

20. Kalontas

Kalontas Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2012
    I'm sorry to say this thread is a mess now because of all the merging. So much stuff I'd like to reply to or elaborate on and end up giving up because half of those people would not know it's in this thread now and probably not even look at it. Or look at it, get pissed their awesome thread got merged and leave it.

21. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Like Ben did in Hope, I can picture Luke making the ultimate sacrifice in the next film.

FinleySlade likes this.
  22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Yes, they need to make sure that there's chemistry between all the characters.

23. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
    Did SuperShadow move to the UK?

EggplantParmesean likes this.
  24. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    This guy has been accurate in the past. Not saying he is this time but that it can't be outright dismissed.

25. EggplantParmesean

EggplantParmesean Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
    I lol'd. Star Wars speculation is something that has been missing from my life dearly for too many years.