main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Why couldn't Luke remember his mother (Padme)?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Both Luke and Leia were born at the same time, and their mother died only a few moments after their birth. But Leia could remember Padme, presumably because of her ability in the Force gave her visions of Padme from past, probably not just of Padme when the twins were born, but Padme in general, which she mistook for her actually remembering her mother. But why couldn't Luke remember Padme through the Force? I think Luke was a more powerful force user/Jedi.

2. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Leia wasn't remembering Padme. She was remembering her foster-mother who died when she was still very young.

3. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Why not? He was a really, really, really, really young kid.

4. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Leia was remembering Padme. It was confirmed by Lucas.

Leia was a really, really, really, young kid too. Yet she remembered? They were twins the same age. :_|

5. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Hey, really? That's cool...
    I suppose then, that Leia was more sensitive to that sort of thing...?

6. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    What do you mean? I saw a youtube video where leia remembers padme, padme talking to anakin, through visions of the Force. Did the force give her super-sensitive memory, or did she get visions of the past that she mistook for memories?

7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    she was precocious - stared at her mom for a few seconds right after birth and imprinted her face into her memories.

8. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    What about the youtube video where leia has visions of padme talking to anakin? Did he have visions of the past through the force, or just visions of what she saw in person?

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I haven't seen that video. Did GL make it, or was it a fan video? If fan video, it means nothing canon-wise.

10. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    It's deleted now. But it was a fan video.

11. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    It's a dumb fan video that has no meaning to canon, I guess.

12. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    My take on this is Leia was raised close to the people in the senate, her stepfather and mother. I guess they had some old hologram recorders that they would play for her when she was real little. As she got older and times got harder they trashed all the memories of the old times, also to help protect her more. Leia remember those videos of her mom.

13. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    I still think this was one of the biggest FAILS of the PT. You had the opportunity to have luke and leah be born, and have luke be seperated right away from Padme and have Leah have a few years "hidden" away from Leah. Maybe have Vader find Padme, kill her, but never see Leah.

Instead we get a birth, Padme's death. And Luke being the only one Padme held/touched.

Just baffles me what Lucas was thinking sometimes. And why no one bitch slapped him.

14. Adamina

Adamina Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2012
    Yeah, I never got that. Padme touched Luke..he should have memories of Padme too. He was the one who cried when she died, so he felt her passing in the Force (my take, anyways). Just because Leia looked at her mother and is therefore the one who has "visions" or "feelings" doesn't make sense to me.

15. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Someone should just ask George Lucas about all these plot hole and storyline questions.