main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT A New Hope Question

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Chewbacca89, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I am curious how Princess Leia knew Obi-Wan was on Tatooinee? Does that imply Obi-Wan was in contact with the Organa family? Sorry if this has been adressed before.

2. J3D1M4S73R

J3D1M4S73R Jedi Padawan

Jan 10, 2010
    I would guess that Obi Wan told Bail Organa where he was taking Luke and that Bail would pass the word on to Leia in hopes that she would find him.

3. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    And we have a stickied questions thread for this kind of question. :)

4. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Sorry. Very new to the site..

5. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Welcome to the boards!

6. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Thanks....looks like I joined at the right time....just a few days before the episode 7 news.

7. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Ya, I think its assumed it was Bail telling Leah. From her speech: "General Kenobi, Years ago, you served my father in the Clone Wars; now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire..."

I assumed Bail said - Yo, Leah - go get this Obi Wan guy. Unfortunately he didnt say - Yo Leah, go get this Obi Wan guy. And, um, dont make out with any boys he brings along. I'll tell you why later....

UseTheForceLady likes this.
  8. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    So are we assuming her plan all along was to seek out Kenobi? Or did she just realize she was near Tatooine and remember Kenobi lived there?

9. clone3131

Feb 11, 2004

Oh ya, totally. I thought that was the whole point?

10. clone3131

Feb 11, 2004
    Also, remember in Artoos message to Kenobi, Leah says "but now my mission to bring you to Alderaan has failed..."

11. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Thanks. I guess I forgot the exact wording of her message. I wonder if Bail and Kenobi were in pretty good contact with each other.

12. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
    I believe some of this is covered in the radio drama that was broadcast on NPR. The story had a prelude of action prior to the start of the film, including Bail sending Capt Antilles and Leia on a mission to intercept the plans of the Death Star. She was also given instructions to find the exiled Jedi, General Kenobi on Tatooine.

13. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Kinda like how arya knew Brom was in carvahall.

14. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Lol true. Good book though!

15. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Yeah. Christopher. You plagiarist. How dare You Copy Georgey.

16. CommanderXGhost

CommanderXGhost Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    Maybe prior to ANH she had some plans to bring Kenobi to Alderaan as some sort of Nelson Mandella representative for the Rebellion?

17. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Leia knew Obi wan was a surviving Jedi hiding on tattoine? Kinda creepy, since he hid her long lost brother there.

Why didnt they tell leia luke was her brother?

Did Leia know obi wan was a surviving Jedi? Did she know of order 66?

18. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    If you're looking for a movie answer - did you watch the movies? If yes, you know as much as we do.
    If you're looking for an EU answer - have you read the EU and does it answer your questions?

19. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I don't understand what you're implying on trying to say. Please elaborate....

20. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    "Please go away and stop hijacking threads with your relentless badgering" was what he was trying to say, I believe.

Someone had to say it, and the mod's away...

21. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Ok. I'll stop.

22. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    She - I'm a she.

No, I wasn't telling Tyrannus to go away - I was telling him there are some answers he won't find from us because they're not to be found in the movies or EU. I believe Tyrannus wants us to speculate and present theories that he will then deem acceptable or not, or if our speculation is incomplete or unsatisfying. In other words, we are to do the mental gymnastics.

Tyrannus, you would do better if you didn't just ask some question without an answer, but think about a possible answer for yourself - then ask if your reasoning is sound and based on what evidence there is presented in movie and/or EU. We can't think for you and spin your questions into theory.

So: why didn't they tell Leia she had a brother? I don't know. I can guess. Can you?

Did Leia know Obi-Wan was a surviving Jedi? I would think so, since she sent him a message that she was supposed to bring him to Alderaan - it seems QUITE likely but I DON"T KNOW for sure.

Did Leia know about Order 66? I DON'T KNOW. I suspect that Bail told her, yes, but I have no evidence.

What do YOU think?

23. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
  24. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Ok. I guess she knew about obi wan. She obviously never met him. I guess her adopted parents told her about him, how he served in the clone wars. She possibly knew he was a Jedi, but probably not. There was no evidence to suggest she did, or that she even knew about the Force. The rebels didnt believe in hokey religions.

Well, the Republic was not an ancient government. It wasn't even hundreds of years of 50-60 yrs before. The Republic was like George H. Bush's presidency, 19 years before. Or 20. I dont know. Maybe clinton. I aint sure about politics. Who wouldnt know what happened during clinton/bush's reign? About the gulf war. I guess it was common knowledge that the Jedi once existed but are now gone, for whatever reason. I don't think most people knew the empire wiped them out. Only a select few. Leia probably knew.

Why did she want to bring obi wan to alderaan?

25. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    My apologies.

I'm still reporting this dingbat to the mods, the ban he copped last week from Darth_Boba obviously had no effect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.