main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation what roll will tattoine play in the new series?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by hudzu, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    even though "if" there were a bright center of the universe, it would be the planet farthest from, tattoine plays a pivotal roll in the star wars sega. anakins from there, lukes grows up there, it had a galaxy famous podracing tournament and the biggest crimelord in the galaxy made his base there. dineasties rise and fall on tattoine and therefore, with its history and merchandising opportunities, it will likely play a pivotal roll in the new films.

what do you think that roll will be?

2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i hope we will get to see some hutts agian becuz we didnt get to see enuff hutts in the first iones. i hope they arnt so fat this tiem thiogh becuz thatz gross lol.

Master_Jacen likes this.
  3. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Old Jedi Master Luke Skywalker returns to finally get his power converters from Tosche Station.

yodasbum and EviL_eLF like this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I want to see the rage of Kitster after his life of poverty.

5. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    It will be destroyed by Palpatine's Parallel Universe Counterpart's Third Death Star from the Future that goes back in time to destroy Tatooine while Anakin is Yippee destroying the Trade Federation. It will be a J.J. Abrams film that reboots the story in a prequel timeline where Tatooine doesn't exist. Anything goes.

tom likes this.
  6. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    To be honest, it would be nice to stay away from Tatooine for a while. "Bright center" and all that. Would be cool to see the original three step foot on Coruscant, though! :)

7. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    I like the idea of all new planets and characters, with occasional references to the past saga, but this could be one of many links from the old to new. If it is, I hope they reuse the same Lars Homestead site in Tunisia.

8. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing a Krayt Dragon on-screen. [face_whistling]

9. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i like that reboot idea. they should get justin timberlake to play luke and make it a kickazz musikal liek step up 2 the streetz. don't flamme me pleez!

DarthLowBudget likes this.
  10. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Tatooine was a pivotal location and did play a pivotal Role in both the OT and the PT, but it may not be as pivotal in the ST. The Skywalkers have moved on from there, and their roots to it have been utterly destroyed by the Empire. Luke was no fan of the place, doubt he wants to go back.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some events happen there, but I also wouldn't be surprised to not see the planet in the ST at all.

11. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    A 'roll' in a 'sega' sounds suspiciously like Sonic, not Star Wars...;)
    *sighs and shakes head, muttering about the school system*

Tatooine could be a hiding place for fleeing Jedi, a home base fior Lando's latest-and-greatest-yet-doomed-to fail-financial-venture, or the sandy home of the next hero. Either way, it needs to be there..somehow.

DarthBrian and EviL_eLF like this.
  12. Mazada Low'man

Mazada Low'man Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2012
    In the expanded universe readings, they only visit randomly, for information on Anakin's life as a child....

13. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, half the movie will be a flashback of Luke's childhood.

14. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    except for, you know, tattoine ghostface killah, tales from jabbas plate, tales from the mons eisley cantina, half a billion characters from there, some x-wing comics, pretty much all the vijma games, probably a bunch of apperances in the njo, i bet DARTH JACEN SOLO tried to blow it to hell for some reason or other, according to wookipedia something called "jar jars mistake" (pretty much his whole existence), i had this micromachines toy set with like the sarclacc pit or something.

"only visit randomly"

15. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Everyone....please...

TATOOINE!

Thank you. ;)

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  16. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Tatooine needs to be in the films, because the crew needs an excuse to go to Tunisia.

But it'll probably be the setting of half of one of the three new movies.

17. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Tunisia has had some popular upheaval along with the rest of the Mid-East. The Empire Strikes Back didn't go to Tatooine, the ST isn't required to.

Also, in the Special Edition of the OT, they did shots in the Arizona desert instead of Tunisia, so Tunisia isn't a requirement.

18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i wish i could go to tunisia. i hear there are real sand people there.

Master_Jacen likes this.
  19. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I don't see how they can avoid having Tatooine in the sequel trilogy since it has been a pivotal location in 5 of the 6 existing movies. If we don't see Tatooine in at least one of the new films, I'll be shocked.

20. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    'tales from jabba's plate'.:confused:

[face_laugh] The one that got away? Frog legs? Gorg Goo? [face_laugh]

I'm sorry...I know it's a typo, but...the imagery is killing me! [face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl]

21. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    If they go with the idea of the Big Bad being the former first apprentice of Luke's, it could be where he/she runs away to to train/plan his/her revenge...as an homage to his former Master and to his misguided hero infatuation of Vader...picks Tattooine as his/her base of ops/Mecca out of some dysfunctional symbol of identity and home with the added irony that neither Anakin nor Luke liked the place at all.

22. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Oooohh! Hadn't thought of that one. Hmm.

This is so AWESOME that we're even having this conversation!!!

tom and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  23. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Battle of Tatooine at the climax of Episode IX

24. Cyrax86

Cyrax86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2009
    I hope it does not appear, neither will Naboo or any other planet seen in the 6 movies. I'd rather have some places we've only seen in games, like Dantooine, Korriban, Manaan, Nar Shaddaa...

25. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Nar Shaddaa would be awesome...also let's get to Corellia, Kessel and Ryloth...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.