main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation How Would You Have Luke Die?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by EviL_eLF, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Die? Simple: He wouldn't. :p

TreborSabreon likes this.
  2. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    Gandalf style without the resurrection, it would have to be epic and serve as a huge plot point.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    wait are you saying he should fight a balrog?

4. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Accident in Ackbar and Mon Mothma's S&M dungeon. He forgets the safeword (the safeword is: TRAP!).

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    A balrog... or you could just set a Rancor on fire!:p

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  6. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    If a mortal Luke Skywalker appears in any of the new films, he should die as he lived: whining like a little bitch doing everything he can to help his friends.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. Qui_Za_Miokl

Qui_Za_Miokl Jedi Master

Nov 14, 2008
    If he has to die I want it to be of old age surrounded by all of the Jedi he had trained through out the years.

I am a fan of the idea of him just leaving and nobody ever really knowing when or if he does and every so often news reaches the Jedi of an old man dressed in black robes randomly helping settle disputes in random places through out the galaxy.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  8. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I fear if they don't do it on screen it will eventually happen in the EU, which imo is not the proper venue.

I want the Film to give him a proper goodbye.

JainaSoloYJK and SamiS like this.
  9. Odo Bunga

Odo Bunga Jedi Master star 1

Sep 8, 1999
    If he has to go, I feel it should be something heroic, akin to the effect of holding up the collapsing ceiling of a massive underground tomb while his padewan, another Jedi and C-3P0 escape.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  10. jedi_jra

jedi_jra Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2011
    Blaze of glory, space battle. Luke with his children by his Side... and Wedge. Luke dies saving the loyal and damn persistant Wedge, finally paying him back for saving his life the day Biggs failed to show up! Young Skywalkers are stunned, and Wedge vows never to fly again... Instead he becomes an instructor... Top GUN!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    goes down like a badass in combat but they don't find his body.

12. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    The great thing is...even when he's gone, we can still have him around as a force ghost. ;)

13. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    Hm...he dies in one of the tombs on Korriban, either killed by the trilogy's Dark Side Guy or by the ghost spirit of Dark Plagueis or Sidious. Later Mara/Katarn avenge his death.

14. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    I see him going out in a blaze of glory dueling Darth Plagueis. Plagueis will try Force Lightning on Luke, but this time Luke will successfully defend himself against it, making the audience go wild! Then it's to lightsabers for an epic duel that sadly won't go in Luke's favor...but not before Luke has the chance to "pass on what he's learned."

15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Old age like Yoda, or on one last "I'm getting too old for this sorta thing" Kenobi mission with the the next hope.

I imagine Leia being the last surviving member of the Big 3. I imagine her being described as "Very beautiful. Kind...but sad."

16. GeneralCeel

GeneralCeel Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 4, 2005
    I think if he gets killed it kind of sends the wrong message about his earlier events. "Yeah, you risk all to help save the galaxy.... but its actually still a really dangerous place." It also kind of says that "Well Vader and Palpatine couldn't kill him, so I guess they were not as bad as this new guy..."

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  17. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    So you pay $4 billion for Star Wars then immediately end Luke Skywalker? Not sure Disney is brave enough to do that.

18. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    Pass, you shall not!

19. Kalontas

Kalontas Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2012
    Give him an Obi-Wanish death. He's killed by some new breed of Sith when they execute their plan to destroy the new Jedi Order.

20. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I also like that Luke's death would be offscreen, before the movie begins, perhaps a good 50 years before the movies begin, with his force ghost appearing to his descendent.

21. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    That's why I would prefer a peaceful one hundred year gap, so it seems like all their efforts weren't for naught in the OT. It would be cool to just see Luke and Leia return as Force Ghosts than playing major protagonist roles. It would solve many issues with casting the old actors, especially Ford.

22. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    He'll lose the will to life when his kids are born.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It's got to happen eventually but I'll be surprised if it happens in this film. Strong is Luke in the Force, but not that strong.

I don't want him going down in combat, he needs to die of natural causes and he needs to be old when it happens.

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Luke Skywalker was my childhood hero and part of me hopes to never see him die. I would love for Luke to have some great action scenes in order to see how he's progressed in the Force and with his skill with a lightsaber, all the while passing on his knowledge to the next generation. After this, I would love to see Luke go off on a quest all his own which we never see and then that's it.

All that said, if Luke's eventual death must be explored, I'd much rather it be on the big screen in either a noble sacrifice or peacefully in his bed, surrounded by his loved ones.

I know that none of this is original, but the character of Luke Skywalker is precious to me and honestly, I just wouldn't want it much different than this.

25. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    I just want him to die of old age, fading into nothing Yoda-style. Not in the first film though... and it would probably not even be in the trilogy, Hamill's not that old yet. One of the standalones later on.

Han I want to see go out in a blaze of glory, in the Falcon with Chewie at his side.

If Luke did have to die in this trilogy though, I guess a noble sacrifice would be in order for him, stopping the antagonist dark jedi to let our new young heroes (probably including his child or niece/nephew?) escape. In my head it just went like this... they are retreating, but something happens to slow them down. The camera focusses on Luke and we hear Alec Guinness' line "run, Luke, run!" (more as a memory of that event than Obi Wan actually saying it to him now). But instead, he turns and goes to face the enemy, ensuing in an epic duel which maybe reveals some kind of important plot information (which only then the audience and the antagonist would be aware of), before Luke is defeated, possibly only with the help of the antagonist's fellow dark jedi.